Mid :- 1Prem, 2 Hopefulls the rest rookies ??????? NOT any more !!!!!!!!!!

Started by Sabretooth Tigers, January 23, 2012, 07:19:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabretooth Tigers

8)
$800

Def      Goddard   Deledio   Carrazzo   Broughton   B Waters   M Clarke   T Mohr          RES  L Spurr   B Smedts

Mid       Ablett   J Selwood   A Goodes   M Barlow   S Clifton   D Shiel                         RES  T Golds   D Zorko

Ruck     T Goldstein   S Mumford                                                                            RES  S Rowe   O Stephensen

For        N Fyfe   D Martin   L Adams   J Brown   J Porplyzia   C Hampton   I Folou          RES  A Treloar   A Pattison.

13 DPP's but they were chosen for their scoring ability. Bye ratio is 14/10/6 but will upgrade and trade with a
view to highest possible scores and  to a lesser extent the bye ratio. Right or wrong will endeavor to have any
doughnuts neccessary in round 11. This is purely based on the fact that GWS has this bye, and as most do, expect
them to get well and truly pumped on a regular basis. Have chosen some players on the proviso that they come up by rounds 1 and 2. Trades are pure gold this year and would prefer to carry a player or two and have them than have to cash in and trade. Cheers to all. Feel free to cut this side to ribbons.

Ringo

You have some interesting uniques here and a reasonably solid team.
Def: Carazzo may be good especially if he can get back to his 2007/8 form.
Mids: Would not start Goodes look for another prem. Goodes traditionally starts slowly so you can target as an upgrade target later. Prefer him in the forward line as well.
Rucks: Can not fault
Forwards: Sound but watch both Fyfe and Porps pre season as both returning from shoulder surgery. And as you know from previous posts Adams is my smokey break out player this year.

Good effort and select best available rooks after NAB Cup.

PICCOLLO

Goodes is a good 'in' target when he has a down patch during early games.  (check out his stats- always finishes strong but by about round 11 he is pretty good value)

Consider throwing martin in mids for dpp if you need and get Franklin in there.

The rest is pretty standard. 

dmac07

Agree with piccollo, if you want a m/f in the mids id switch fyfe/martin in there and change goodes for franlkin, or even cloke.

Ringo

Just be wary of Franklin in early games his first 2 are against Geelong and Collingwood who he traditionally has difficulty with. Hawks draw not easy early on so I am targeting Buddy as an upgrade target. Might turn this on its head this year though to leave me with egg on face.

Colliwobblers

Quote from: Sabretooth Tigers on January 23, 2012, 07:19:52 PM
8)
$800
Def      Goddard   Deledio   Carrazzo   Broughton   B Waters   M Clarke   T Mohr          RES  L Spurr   B Smedts
Mid       Ablett   J Selwood   A Goodes   M Barlow   S Clifton   D Shiel                         RES  T Golds   D Zorko
Ruck     T Goldstein   S Mumford                                                                            RES  S Rowe   O Stephensen
For        N Fyfe   DMartin   L Adams   J Brown   J Porplyzia   C Hampton   I Folou          RES  A Treloar   A Pattison.

Def = solid think carrots not the best pick
Mid = i would have goods in fwd line not mids, would remove adams put goodes there and another premium in the mids
RUCK = solid
Fwd = goodes in for adams, if need more money for the recomended extra mid premium i would turn porps into a rook.

Good side otherwise, well balanced solid picks.

DT Gun

Quote from: Ringo on January 23, 2012, 11:11:03 PM
Just be wary of Franklin in early games his first 2 are against Geelong and Collingwood who he traditionally has difficulty with. Hawks draw not easy early on so I am targeting Buddy as an upgrade target. Might turn this on its head this year though to leave me with egg on face.

+1

Id rather nick roo than franklin

Sabretooth Tigers

:o :o :o ;) 8) :-\ :-\ :-\

$2,900

Def    B Goddard   B Deledio   G Broughton   B Waters   B Lake   M Clarke   L Spurr                  RES  B Smedts   S Morris

Mid    G Ablett   J Selwood   L Hodge   B Marlow   J Tutt   C Hampton                                    RES  A Treloar   T Golds

Ruck   T Goldstein   S Mumford                                                                                          RES  S Rowe   O Stephensen

For     C Rioli   D Martin   T Cloke   J Brown   J Butcher   I Folou   D Zorko                                 RES  H Crozier   A Pattison

Not really sure which way to go out of Cox, Goldstein, Mumford and Sandilands. Can work the players and cash around to go any way. My reasoning is Naitanui will take time from Cox, Griffin and Z clarke to do the same with Sandilands and bugger me dead if McIntosh may not do the same with Goldstein. Percentage wise leaning toward Goldy and Mumy. There are several other players, the likes of Yarran, Adcock, Carrazzo and Fisher in def. The midfield will only upgrade supremes. Ruck is just about set. In the forward line other options would include Fyfe, Beams, Pavlich, Sidebottom, Porplyzia, J Howe, Varcoe or Hawkins. All depending on NAB Cup form and freedom from injuries as is the rest of the team. It's very difficult at this time to pick uniques, very, very open to suggestions in that area. The main one I've seen so far is Ringo's Leigh Adams plus a bit of talk about Dangerfield, who burnt me last season and eventually caused me to waste two trades. Being fair it wasn't Pat's fault it was just my stupidity. Bye-wise this is 11/9/10 which is meaningless at this early stage. Tutt was the bulldogs player who kicked 3 gls with his first 3 kicks in AFL and was near best on ground. Cheers.

bomberboy0618

Hodge should not be picked.
Goldstein? I dont see why he would be picked.
I cant really understand why you only have 3k left when you have three cheapish players in the forwards. You will be too inconsistent. Ill give it 7/10.
If you have the time, could you rate my team?

Sabretooth Tigers

A few changes just for the fun of it !Will put the team in first then explain.  $21,900 cash to splash.

DEF    B Goddard   B Deledio   G BIrchall   G Broughton   B Waters   T Armstrong   M Clarke         RES  L Spurr   S Morris

MID    G Ablett   J Selwood   B Marlow   D Clifton   C Hampton   A Treloar                                  RES  D Shiel   T Golds

Ruck   S Mumford   A Sandilands                                                                                           RES  O Stephensen
                                                                                                                                               S Rowe

FOR    N Fyfe   C Rioli   D Martin   S Sidebottom   J Brown   D Smith   I Folou                              RES   D Zorko   A Pattison

Firstly the rookies will be resultant of the NAB Cup form. One upgrade prior to rd 11 will be a rookie ruck for J Roughead if he is back playing, and in form. Think the Hawks will bring him back gently and that his price will drop considerably because of this. That's why Mum and Sandy can work out during the bye, and of course after that Roughy swaps with A Pattison and slots in tom the forward line. I'm prepared to carry Fyfe  for a round or two if it becomes neccessary to save on trades. The usual suspects are trade upgrade targets, but I want 8 trades for the final 4 rounds. Cheers.

Sabretooth Tigers

Not sure how this works but have updated the last team with a view to suggestions made. But it's back on the last thread, I think.

PICCOLLO

Quote from: Ringo on January 23, 2012, 11:11:03 PM

No one stops buddy except buddy.  True, he has a couple of tough ones but he's like the ablett of the fwd line.  You dont want to fall victim to a low score through penny pinching.  There arent any other fwds with his scoring potential.  Pendlebury is someone you might do that with, but with buddy it could blow up in your face.
In 2010 he scored 122 and 141 against geelong and collingwood.  Hawks have got better since then too.

Sabretooth Tigers

$4,000

DEF   Goddard D/M   Deledio D/M   Birchall   Yarran   B Waters   T Armstrong   M Clarke                RES   B Ellis
                                                                                                                                                L Spurr

MID   G Ablett   M Barlow   J Ziebell   S Docherty   S Clifton   D Shiel                                          RES   A Treloar
                                                                                                                                                E Kavanagh

Ruck   S Mumford   A Sandilands                                                                                           RES   O Stephensen
                                                                                                                                                A Pattison

FOR   L Franklin   N Fyfe   D Martin   L Adams   J Brown   S Motlop   I Folou                                 RES   C Hampton
                                                                                                                                                S Rowe

Not unlike all other teams this one too depends on pre-season form, especially of the newbies. It's not aimed at the byes but is 11/10/9,  any upgrading and cash-cowing will have the byes in mind but overall scoring power will be the first cosideration. Ready to see how it goes in the overall and leagues, before aiming it at the other money making option. Could be totally wrong in my thinking, but hey it's fun isn't it ??? Very not worried about the ruck/byes issue as hoping J Roughy comes good and has a substantial salary drop before rd 12. Cheers and Happy Aussie Day to all. Depending on form, as all teams are at this stage, Sabre's could have a few keepers. Adams and Ziebell could be upgraded to one prem  but I WANT them.  Any thoughts  ???????????????????????????????????     \ :-\ :-\

Colliwobblers

looks a good side, i would say a few too many mid pricers but thats just a choice, strong ruck and FWD and DEF are very deep, where as the mids is a little shallow, if you played around with it my advice would be to lose a midpriced fwd and or def in order to get one more gun keeper midfielder. you have gaj as a solid capt choice and a set and forget ruck so yeah good job.

I have conca and heppell and no matter what i say the fact is there are better picks in both positions for the money, BUT

i want them, and there has to be an element of I WANT in DT/SC or we would all have the same team.... bla

Sabretooth Tigers

Quote from: Colliwobblers on January 26, 2012, 06:07:59 PM
looks a good side, i would say a few too many mid pricers but thats just a choice, strong ruck and FWD and DEF are very deep, where as the mids is a little shallow, if you played around with it my advice would be to lose a midpriced fwd and or def in order to get one more gun keeper midfielder. you have gaj as a solid capt choice and a set and forget ruck so yeah good job.

I have conca and heppell and no matter what i say the fact is there are better picks in both positions for the money, BUT

i want them, and there has to be an element of I WANT in DT/SC or we would all have the same team.... bla
you're right as my team balance is out slightly, but not certain which way to go yet. Aiming everything towards being " unbeatable " in round 24, hence a cuppla kanga's. Thanks for the thoughts.