Gibbs or Selwood

Started by Ago97, January 22, 2012, 05:14:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who would be better???

Selwood
Gibbs

Ago97

Recently read an article on AFL.com.au about Bryce Gibbs and Carlton's Midfield Coach says that Gibbs is set to take his game to another level in 2012
http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/128044/default.aspx

But with Selwood named Geelong's new captai nthe extra responsibility could mean he will set an even better example then he already is and he could take off too

What are your thoughts everyone???

Cheers for the replies :)   

Kuruki

If Gibbs plays a mid fwd role all year and is allowed to roam, then i think he will be one of the highest scoring players in DT. But Selwood is by far the safer option.

miffysp

Holz

Quote from: Kuruki on January 22, 2012, 05:41:37 PM
If Gibbs plays a mid fwd role all year and is allowed to roam, then i think he will be one of the highest scoring players in DT. But Selwood is by far the safer option.

i agree 100% with this, selwood should be good for a 110-115 average in my opinion, but gibbs could take it to the 115+ level.

me

don't think you can do wrong with either - i've gone gibbs, partially also because he has the round 13 bye which doesnt clash with swan/pendles/barlow =p

Colliwobblers

i have read the articles too, and for me selwood cant improve or go backwards he plays 110% and nothing will change that so lock selwood into anotehr year like the last.

But i voted gibbs, a lot of hype and i dont know why the club is talking him up, but regarless of the hype i think gibbs can lift, whether he does or not is another matter,

I am not starting either, they can battle it out and both are in the tunning to be my first upgrade in the mids. may the best man win but i vote gibbs. for now