Main Menu

Pavlich?

Started by PICCOLLO, January 22, 2012, 12:26:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PICCOLLO

Have one premium spot left as I won't start with Fyfe.  You guys have talked me out of Gray but that leaves Pavlich as the only other prospect worth considering.  Unlikely he'll play midfield this year but he's never needed to to score big.  Has hit 30 but recovered well from hip surgey.  Lyon's role for him will be interesting, especially if he uses him as a lead up forward, ala NRoo.  thoughts?

Ringo

As you say watch how Lyon uses him pre season.  If you want another around the same price as Gray and this is my smokey this year look at Leigh Adams from North. Steadily improving his average and will spend time in the mid field this year.

charliesheen

You don't have to necessarily use up all your remaining funds.  Choose the best available, if this means you have 40k in bank so be it.

btw, I think Pavlich is a solid pick.

Purple 77

Yeah definately, Pavlich hasn't averaged less than 99.3 from 2005 onwards, one of the most underrated players in the comp, never gets talked about as much as say goodes, and is just as good.

I probably will be picking him

jasonweare

Have pav at the moment. Would of had fyfe but think he'll start slow. Fremantle is definitely a while team we need to watch how the players and used. Had adams last year, but think I was a year early.

Kuruki

Pav will kill it this year. Freo will improve out of sight with a full and fit roster for the first time in nearly 2 years. He will see plenty of ball at half forward especially if Zac Clarke can pull a defender off him.

My Chumps

Quote from: Purple 77 on January 22, 2012, 04:35:48 PM
Yeah definately, Pavlich hasn't averaged less than 99.3 from 2005 onwards, one of the most underrated players in the comp, never gets talked about as much as say goodes, and is just as good.

Woah, let's not get carried away here.
Pav is an incredible player, and I do agree that he would have much more publicity if he were playing in a Melbourne based team, but he is no dual brownlow medalist  ;)

But back on topic, I've currently got Pav slotted in my team, and I see him as a more than worthy selection for reasons stated above  :)

Colliwobblers

i dont have pav or fyfe in my team, but i can tell you how pav will be used and it will be half fwd, with rests at ff.

That is well reported, and the good news is that that is where PAV scores his best SC/DT points, not in the midfield, yep he breaks the rule on that one.

So pav in 2012 would be a good pick due to his role. BUT the only thing is his being rested as he ages. that has been well reported on also.

I say he is a safe bet as he is the captain and i cant see it being in the teams best interests or see PAV allowing for himself to be rested off the field, he may do some stints at ff and that may effect his scoring.

Otherwise he is solid very solid, and 100% will play up fwd this year which is where he scores best.

http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,45731.msg623894.html#msg623894

dmagnus

Quote from: My Chumps on January 22, 2012, 11:13:33 PM
Quote from: Purple 77 on January 22, 2012, 04:35:48 PM

Woah, let's not get carried away here.
Pav is an incredible player, and I do agree that he would have much more publicity if he were playing in a Melbourne based team, but he is no dual brownlow medalist  ;)

But back on topic, I've currently got Pav slotted in my team, and I see him as a more than worthy selection for reasons stated above
  :)

If they considered forwards in the Brownlow as well as not weighting votes towards the winning teams then Pav may have one. Pav is a champion having carried a team on his back for a decade.

Ziplock

goodes is a forward as well, and has likewise been carrying his team :P

Colliwobblers

+1 again Zip thats nailed it, and imo has buddy the fwd won a brownlow?

dmagnus

dunno Zip, I'd say Goodes is more often than not a mid that goes forward (or back for that matter). Pav has done that the last 2 years to his detriment. Also, fair to say Goodes had allot more help... Couldn't attribute all of 05 and 06 especially to him

(but agree to disagree, just don't think that Goodes is a level above Pav, both super elite)

Colliwobblers

pointless argument, speculation abounds about pav not being recognized for being a west aussie, and i'll admit west australians are a strange and unusual bunch of folk :) hehe

but pav deserves his due, lets not compare him to anyone he has been a great player and a great skipper and i bloody well hope he gets to where he and his side frankly deserve to be and thats at least top 4 maybe a GF, the biggest hting that holds the wests teams back is thier inability to travel, WCE overccame it to some extent last season FREO have not. i think if they can they can give the flag a real shake over the next 4 years, and coincidentally thats about how many years pav has left.

Torress

mate there is only everything to gain when selecting pav. maybe a little pricey but has the ability to easily keep his value for 1st 6-8 games making him a hard upgrade if he does.

he is just such a good contested mark and kicks goals from anywhere. him and goodes are similar but also very different styles. pav is a premo who you can just about guarantee a 100-110 average from. i have him in atm, buddy pav, martin and midpricers

Swallow12

Least likely to drop in value out of the premiums, and remember he has that injury affected 45 so his average would have been higher last year.. DPP seals the deal