Roughnut..What do you guys think?

Started by Hawka, January 21, 2012, 06:42:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawka

Hey guys
Currently my rucks consist of 4 Rookies yes 4 rookies
Though i really want to downgrade 1 of my forwards (i have 5 premos and 1 mid pricer )
And get Roughy (the hawks one)

He is having a great pre season now he has been in full training and going well by a fair few reports i have read.Though im only worried as i dont think he will play as much ruck and may been thrown to ruck at times
whats your thoughts ?

elephants

He'll play deep forward i reckon which will lead to his mid 70's scores again. That's why i was keen to off-load him for a gun in the Euros :P

Colliwobblers

i wouldnt pick him and i think 70 is optimistic :) tho probably achievable.

i agree you need to downgrade your fwd line, i would look at a premium or even 2 mid pricers west hmac kruezer ect ect

I would downgrade a fwd premium given the great options for fwd midpricers i think you have to have one of the mid priced fwd bargains, then use the downgraded premium - rook money to try get in two mid priced rucks do you have a much more dependable ruck, rooks so risky even the good ones we all have.

Ziplock

I would be keener on the roughy from WBD.

number one ruckman? coming into 3rd or 4th year from memory?

smells like mcevoy to me :P

Colliwobblers

Quote from: Ziplock on January 21, 2012, 07:00:38 PM
I would be keener on the roughy from WBD.

number one ruckman? coming into 3rd or 4th year from memory?

smells like mcevoy to me :P

sharing ruck tiem with minson you think, which will get the most?

Ziplock

Same number of games.

Minson= higher average
Minson had 10% more TOG than roughead, but considering the age difference that makes sense.
Minsons older, and while not being as tall, is a bit heavier

the question is, was rougheads split between games due to injury, or form? I think form seems more likely due to having a couple of poor games.

I can't find news on injury about either or them- which suggests that roughead played out the end of the season in favour of minson. Basically though, I see substantially more upside in roughead- it's reassuring he was given more late games than minson, and his third year could very well break out.

bowyanger

Quote from: Ziplock on January 21, 2012, 07:28:12 PM
Same number of games.

Minson= higher average
Minson had 10% more TOG than roughead, but considering the age difference that makes sense.
Minsons older, and while not being as tall, is a bit heavier

the question is, was rougheads split between games due to injury, or form? I think form seems more likely due to having a couple of poor games.

I can't find news on injury about either or them- which suggests that roughead played out the end of the season in favour of minson. Basically though, I see substantially more upside in roughead- it's reassuring he was given more late games than minson, and his third year could very well break out.

JRoughy has shoulder problems, has popped a few

itchytradefinger

4 rookie rucks and 5 premium forwards, you're not taking the piss are you?

Surely Roughnut should be given time to find his feet. Look at the likes of Kruezer last year returning from injury. There's one thing these guys need to find their best form; time.

Hawka

Quote from: itchytradefinger on January 21, 2012, 09:40:55 PM
4 rookie rucks and 5 premium forwards, you're not taking the piss are you?

Surely Roughnut should be given time to find his feet. Look at the likes of Kruezer last year returning from injury. There's one thing these guys need to find their best form; time.
nope im serious

Grazz

4 rookie rucks is Ballsy Hawka i must say, i'm sure there's a method to your madness so to speak, care to enlighten us.

Hawka

Quote from: Grazz on January 21, 2012, 10:32:21 PM
4 rookie rucks is Ballsy Hawka i must say, i'm sure there's a method to your madness so to speak, care to enlighten us.
Going for somethin different
Giles and O should play most weeks and theres some good other rooks allows me to stack my middie and forwards and at the earliest time il upgrade a rook to a fallen premo

Grazz

Quote from: Hawka on January 21, 2012, 10:55:42 PM
Quote from: Grazz on January 21, 2012, 10:32:21 PM
Going for somethin different
Giles and O should play most weeks and theres some good other rooks allows me to stack my middie and forwards and at the earliest time il upgrade a rook to a fallen premo

Yep point taken, obviously it fits with your structure for the Major Bye's also. Best of luck to you buddy.

Windigo

I would at LEAST have a guy that you know will score at least 70 for you.

Hawka

Quote from: Windigo on January 22, 2012, 04:27:26 PM
I would at LEAST have a guy that you know will score at least 70 for you.
Im confident of Giles

Windigo

Confident? When he hasn't played a game yet. Had four years at Port and then got dumped.

That being said. I'm gunna have him as my bench ruck. Not my start ruck.