ADAM GOODES - verified upgrade target.

Started by Colliwobblers, January 21, 2012, 06:31:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colliwobblers

Adam Goodes, A gun sure, a player to pick in your team from round 1, NO.

I have said this all along and I am sure Goodes is a late starter every season and makes a viable upgrade target but not a viable starter.

Now a lot of people have argued this is not the case but here I go making my point.

Last 3 years dt averages from Goodes.

2009 - first 8 (88) last 8 (109)
2010 - first 8 (90) last 8 (109)
2011 - first 8 (95) last 8 (115)

Had a pretty picture here from another site but felt it was a bit of a copy so just left the stats to make the point. :)

related article: http://dreamteamtalk.com/2012/01/21/deck-of-dream-team-2012-adam-goodes/

Hawka

I have actually never had Goodes in my 4/5 years of DT
Though you have to consider him for an upgrade target as that very handy image showed
But starting him isnt that bad a 95 is still very good for his first 8

Colliwobblers

Quote from: Hawka on January 21, 2012, 06:35:53 PM
Though you have to consider him for an upgrade target as that very handy image showed

fair point, i guess its just the discount you get for waiting that matters but 95 over 8 weeks wouldnt have you feeling too bad about paying for him now would it

Hawka

Quote from: Colliwobblers on January 21, 2012, 06:42:54 PM
Quote from: Hawka on January 21, 2012, 06:35:53 PM

fair point, i guess its just the discount you get for waiting that matters but 95 over 8 weeks wouldnt have you feeling too bad about paying for him now would it
Nah i would take 95 from goodes
But another point is what if he dosent drop that far ? do you wana take the risk of not getting him over waiting for later in the year?

boschie12

I am looking to lock him in, swans have a pretty nice draw to start of with.

Grazz

5 sub 80 scores in his 1st twelve games last year including a 47 against the Blues rnd 6 but two 115's a 120 , 129 and 109 helped to increase that avg to 91.7. The next ten games his avg was 108. Still finishes better than he starts as Colli said.

Purple 77

Statistics dont lie, good pick up! Remind me to look at this thread mid season  ;)

lolrocket

Surely the 150+ he gets in round 1 plus another couple fo easy games first up offsets his usual trend though. If ever you are going to have Goodes from the start, it's this year. To be honest I'm probably not going to get him because Martin, Sidebottom Zaharakis etc. is too tempting but I am seriously considering him which I probably wouldn't have said at the end of last year.

Colliwobblers

Quote from: lolrocket on January 22, 2012, 12:00:15 AM
Surely the 150+ he gets in round 1 plus another couple fo easy games first up offsets his usual trend though. If ever you are going to have Goodes from the start, it's this year. To be honest I'm probably not going to get him because Martin, Sidebottom Zaharakis etc. is too tempting but I am seriously considering him which I probably wouldn't have said at the end of last year.

+1 for the GWS games 150 prediction I hadnt thought of that, still its one of the 8 games making up the first half...

I guess my point will really be made if he doesnt score a big one first up against the giants, maybe okeefe will take all the ball. :)

Trajan

Had him all season last year so with the initial draw have to take the punt on him again. Great loophole captain and set and forget.

Colliwobblers

Quote from: Trajan on January 22, 2012, 12:51:17 AM
Had him all season last year so with the initial draw have to take the punt on him again. Great loophole captain and set and forget.

Good point Trajan, each to his own, watch for news on the loophole this season I have seen posts relating to it been closed for 2012

Trajan

First time I have read that the loophole may be off this season Colliwobblers, thanks for the heads up. If ever Goodes is going to have a good start this is the year. In the lap of the footy gods but you have to take a few chances in the season or why bother?

Presto

Quote from: Hawka on January 21, 2012, 06:44:14 PM
Nah i would take 95 from goodes
But another point is what if he dosent drop that far ? do you wana take the risk of not getting him over waiting for later in the year?

Very good point.
The other point is that if he doesn't drop far, you save yourself a trade

Zombie2.5

Look at goodes first 8 games this year though
1. GWS
2. Freo
3. Port
4. North
5. Hawks
6. Crows
7. Richmond
8. Melbourne
Thats a nice run

Ziplock

GWS + port are the only ones I can see him really carving it at. I think you'll find a lot of those teams will have improved substantially.