ADAM GOODES - verified upgrade target.

Started by Colliwobblers, January 21, 2012, 06:31:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamSainter

ShaynoB

I'm definitely starting with him! I hope people don't start with him so he's a lil different!!

Andrew

Quote from: Colliwobblers on February 01, 2012, 12:21:11 AM
Quote from: Binga on January 31, 2012, 07:42:50 PM
Why are people so against starting with Goodes? Although he is particularly stronger come second half of te season. I feel the teams he verses early just offer massive scoring potential and he could be an absolute gem given that noone else wants him. Peoples thoughts?

http://dreamteamtalk.com/2012/01/21/deck-of-dream-team-2012-adam-goodes/

this sums it up better than I can but let's just say if you have to upgrade to someone, which you do, it may as well be Goodes according to history that would be the smartest choice.

I still don't think it adds up - with that logic you'd never start with Swan either because he'd be the "smartest" upgrade choice later in the season. But what about the points you miss out on from that upgrade target, and who else you going to pick? And lets look at that graphic again, showing his first 8 games from 2009, 2010 and 2011:

He averaged 88, 90 and 95... good scoring and improving? If he does better than that in the last 8 games of a season, that just highlights he's REALLY worth starting with. Sydney's good early fixturing, in particular the GWS round 1 clash, shows that he'll at least match that 95 average from the first 8 games in 2012 with two games v GWS to boot. If he's a good upgrade target, he's a good target full stop. I'm starting with Goodes lock & load, just as I did last season.

Purple 77

Great graphic. If you liked Goodes, I wouldn't be afraid t start him, not like there are lots of options in the forward line