ADAM GOODES - verified upgrade target.

Started by Colliwobblers, January 21, 2012, 06:31:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Football Factory

Quote from: Binga on January 31, 2012, 07:42:50 PM
Why are people so against starting with Goodes? Although he is particularly stronger come second half of te season. I feel the teams he verses early just offer massive scoring potential and he could be an absolute gem given that noone else wants him. Peoples thoughts?
Im not against starting Gooders but the people who are have put me off  ;D

CuStArDaRm

Shhhhh....  :P

Im on him atm, think the swans are improving

Adamant

Im starting with Goodes as a unique and Sydneys 1st half draw is too good to pass up

Windigo

Usually you can pick up Goodes cheaper mid way through the season after his slow starts.

But I don't see why you can't have a dual brownlow medalist from the get go.  ;)

Manbearpig

Quote from: Windigo on January 31, 2012, 08:22:58 PM
Usually you can pick up Goodes cheaper mid way through the season after his slow starts.

This is true, although last year was an anomaly and he was quite consistent. I'm tempted to have him as captain vs GWS.

Bluesman

Quote from: CuStArDaRm on January 31, 2012, 08:06:50 PM
Shhhhh....  :P

Im on him atm, think the swans are improving
+1...couldn't agree with you more!  ;) I also can't believe how some people have this general 'rule' about him being a slow starter - because that's soooo going to be the rule all the time isn't it!!!  ::)

Fenno

starts slow basicly every year and then comes home like a steam train

TheMailman

People usually don't buy him straight away as he makes the "perfect upgrade" player towards the end of the season

Binga

Well I've got him round one, dual brownlow dpp who verses crappy teams. He's practically my captain for the first 10 rounds.

Artax

Happy for everyone to wait to upgrade and I'll enjoy him from round 1 !

CuStArDaRm

For me I like to start with players who I feel can score pretty much anywhere on the ground in any role, IE. Goodes and Goddard.
I guess his draw is a reason to because I basically always get him so this year Ill take a pretty much risk free punt and hope he can smash some weak sides for me.

1 hour and 42 minutes to go!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!

AFL Babble

CuStArDaRm

actually Im gonna start him in SC probably not DT though

Colliwobblers

Quote from: Binga on January 31, 2012, 07:42:50 PM
Why are people so against starting with Goodes? Although he is particularly stronger come second half of te season. I feel the teams he verses early just offer massive scoring potential and he could be an absolute gem given that noone else wants him. Peoples thoughts?

http://dreamteamtalk.com/2012/01/21/deck-of-dream-team-2012-adam-goodes/

this sums it up better than I can but let's just say if you have to upgrade to someone, which you do, it may as well be Goodes according to history that would be the smartest choice.