Who is the best value ruckman this year?

Started by elephants, January 21, 2012, 02:54:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which ruckman presents the most value?

Trent West - 338k
4 (12.5%)
Matther Kreuzer - 326k
4 (12.5%)
Mark Seaby - 320k
0 (0%)
Hamish McIntosh - 273k
18 (56.3%)
Brent Renouf - 265k
1 (3.1%)
Ivan Maric - 262k
5 (15.6%)

Total Members Voted: 1

elephants

Hey guys,
Really just tinkering away with my team at the moment. I was wondering who people feel is the ruckman that presents the most value. These are predominantly mid-priced ruckman not rooks.\
Thanks.

Football Factory

I went with H.Mac seemed like the safest bet  :-\

AndrewY

possibly Kreuzer as he may fire on the forward line if/when not rucking ::)

Hawka

I did go for Hmac :)
But Renouf could be a great pick very risky but could improve him averge by atleast 20 i reckon

dmagnus

Presto

I went for Brent Renouf.
Considering Lobbe's injury, I expect he will get his chance as no 1 ruckman.

Off Tap

I'd have to say Maric now that he's the #1 at the Tiges. 59 ave last year he'd have to be worth another 25 this year.

elephants

popedelio

Hawka

Off Tap

Quote from: elephants on January 21, 2012, 03:55:23 PM
Hmmmm Maric would be so unique....

Just being the #1 ruck is going to get him into the mid 80's. As long as he can keep his spot which I think he can.

HMac is good value as well but he won't be #1 ruck so there's a bit of uncertainty there as to how much his scores are going to be effected by Goldstein. With a good run he should be getting into the high 80's you'd imagine.

Windigo

Maric will play all games. But is he a decent dt scorer?

Averaged like 10-12 disposals at Adelaide, I think. Remember hit outs are only 1.  :P

Colliwobblers

HMAC, he is a shoe in for best value, and is the perfect mid priced player. Super ability questionable role....

HUGE Risk
HUGE Potential
HUGE Reward

Ziplock

Have to be cut down to really 3 players- Kreuz, West and Hmac (not including rookies)

Hmac- proven scorer at a disgustingly cheap price, slight concerns over his role with petrie + goldy, but imo north will want to get as much out of him as possible this year- if only to use him as trade bait if they dont need him for 2013 :P

West- Solid average of 76, but priced under 70 due to discount. Should be contending for number one ruck position with stephensen, since vardy + simpson are out. That alone means he'll probably push his average up to the 80s. The biggest issue with west is his lack of ability to perform against quality ruckmen- looking at last year he performed admirably against Richmond, Melbourne and GC, teams that hardly have a true A grade ruckman. In comparison to that he performed poorly against collingwood, WC, sydney and brisbane.

The only score that doesn't fit this pattern was his sub 60 performance against Hawthorn- but he was playing second fiddle to ottens, and didn't spend much time in the ruck.

West has a couple of hard games in his first few- playing up against sandi, goldstein+ hmac and leuen in his first 5. But apart from that his first 10 seem pretty solid. He averaged 93 against poor ruck teams (removing hawthorn).

So, rd 2- hawthorn, as closer to number one ruck, should score well
rd 4- richmond, well, they have nobody
rd 6- melbourne, no real A graders
7- jacobs. Will probably struggle a bit
8- the pies, aging jolly means he *could* perform better than last year
9- WBD, nobody :P
10- GWS, Brogan + Giles shouldn't be too worrying.

after that you should be looking to offload him. Coming up against carlton, the bye and mumford will destroy his price. So he averaged 93 vs poor rucks, and 60 vs good.

First 10 round good rucks- 4-5
bad rucks- 6-5
considering he'll probs have an off game, assume a 5-5 split :P
leaves us with a 76.5 average :P

assuming he ups his hit outs from 20 pg to 30, that's a 86.5 average.

I think that's *relatively* conservative. Stephensen might kill his scoring a bit. If he improves though, a 90 average and therefore premium ruck status is attainable.

that was a longer write up than I thought :P

Kreuzer- Number one draft pick, has demonstrated he has a monster ceiling, should be fitter since he was underdone due to injury. Could be getting more ruck time.

elephants

Hmmmm nice Zip. Maybe looking to the Krooz unit... But I'll probably just person out and go set and forget.