Shane Savage

Started by PurpleArmy, January 20, 2012, 08:05:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PurpleArmy

I have a feeling this kid will explode this year!. Played 17 games in 2011 with an average of 77 ($382k in '12). Had 3 sub affected games in there so without them his average would of been 87. Only had the 3 scores in the 100's but WHAT SCORES!....128, 144 and that 164 against GC so he has a high ceiling. Gonna be one to watch in the nab cup but hes a smokie that could pay off

Article on AFL.com today, a few players eyeing off the wing position but youd have to say that Savage is in the lead
http://www.afl.com.au/tabid/208/default.aspx?newsid=128075

me

absolutely love this guy and would love nothing more than to select him, but need a really good reason to have him in ahead of barlow :[

he will be a dt stud eventually im sure, its just a matter of when, not sure if he can get enough time given the hawks established midfield/depth/and also the imminent propsect of young/smith/even suckling eyeing of a spot on a wing

Windigo

Colliwobblers

its the price that puts me off and the MID allocation if he was mid/fwd i would agree 100% gwt on but i just cant have anyone other than barlow in my midfield that isnt a keeper. (meaning barlow is)

I reckon Savage would not be a bad pick i just dont htink he will crack the ton and you need at least that from all keeper mids dont you??

Grazz

A star in the making no question, liked what i saw of him last year and will continue to go from strength to strength.

elephants

If only he was a forward...

bowyanger

Quote from: me on January 20, 2012, 09:01:47 PM

not sure if he can get enough time given the hawks established midfield/depth/and also the imminent propsect of young/smith/even suckling eyeing of a spot on a wing

+1
Changa & Sewell would be getting nervous with all the pressure from the younger blokes

PurpleArmy

Considering him as a maybe keeper, if he does explode then cool gonna keep him but at $382k if it doesn't go to plan he would be a quick stepping stone to a super premium, specially with a under performing rookie which we all have had every year. Got to be sure though koz it's gonna cost ya 2 trades and some points you lose over time.

Hawka

I dont think this year he could olay enough games to be a keeper
Though he is gona b a star and should play alot i dont think he can get his average say over 90 just yet
But wen Changa retires we may see Him becoming a Premo

PurpleArmy

Quote from: Hawka on January 21, 2012, 02:38:07 PM
Though he is gona b a star and should play alot i dont think he can get his average say over 90 just yet

Other then the 3 sub affected games he would of averaged 87 so he wasn't far off the 90 average. He's had a decent preseason so I reckon him playing on the wing would lift it up maybe 5-10 points from his current average. Job security is the problem, if he smashes pre season he should keep his spot I reckon. Is 'Changa' Chance Bateman by any ummm chance?

Hawka

Quote from: PurpleArmy on January 21, 2012, 06:40:30 PM
Quote from: Hawka on January 21, 2012, 02:38:07 PM

Other then the 3 sub affected games he would of averaged 87 so he wasn't far off the 90 average. He's had a decent preseason so I reckon him playing on the wing would lift it up maybe 5-10 points from his current average. Job security is the problem, if he smashes pre season he should keep his spot I reckon. Is 'Changa' Chance Bateman by any ummm chance?
Fair point on the 87 but sometimes i dont like how people take there sub scores out
Savage may still b the sub/subbed this year

and Yes Changa is Batemen

Purple 77

Not too sure, Hawthorn don't seem to blood youth these days. But maybe this is the year for Shane Savage. I have a hawthorn-raving friend who has mentioned him to me a lot........ maybe i should start listening! lol

lolrocket

To be honest Savage deserves M/F more than Lewis does. Why is Lewis M/F anyway?

Ziplock

he played forward like half the year didn't he?

Hawka

Quote from: lolrocket on January 22, 2012, 12:02:00 AM
To be honest Savage deserves M/F more than Lewis does. Why is Lewis M/F anyway?
He played forward alot on the flanks and stuff
Savage does deserve it to tho