Michael Coad?

Started by kilbluff1985, January 20, 2012, 12:18:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kilbluff1985

Hey guys been looking at this guy to fill my 5th defender spot he is at 311k  was in a few teams last year before he got injured he played 2 games and averaged 82.0 i think he could be a smokie but i don't if he is in full training or what anybody have an idea?

Current Defenders are Goddard, Deledio, Heppell, Conca, Coad, and 4 rooks

scotty_222

currently training well.
he is listed as a rookie on their list at the moment but may be upgrading
seeing as there is two spots available.
played a great roll last year, but with the inclusion of warnock may find it harder to
get a game.
depends if they start using bock more in the forward line and using coad as their go to man
watch for him to play games in nab cup..

jimmytigs

will have your top 2 & maybe heppell would go ok but im ignoring him this year,but conca & coad am i missing something is brian lake dead?

Purple 77

Ugh. I hate him so much! I had coad in my team FOR THE WHOLE YEAR! he was too cheap to get rid of, why didn't he just play another game! Lol

kilbluff1985

Refuse to start with Lake unless he shows some real form and gets picked in the home and away season after last year i don't know how anyone can take a risk on him

Speculator

Surely his previous 5-6 years serve as a more reliable indicator than just his last injury riddled year?

Grazz

Quote from: scotty_222 on January 20, 2012, 09:09:54 AM
currently training well.
played a great roll last year, but with the inclusion of warnock may find it harder to
get a game.
depends if they start using bock more in the forward line and using coad as their go to man

This is good news cheers mate.

scotty_222

Quote from: Grazz on January 20, 2012, 09:55:35 PM
Quote from: scotty_222 on January 20, 2012, 09:09:54 AM
currently training well.
get a game.

This is good news cheers mate.

No worries mate

Colliwobblers

lol i had coad all year too same reason too cheap to anything with and just didnt need to get rid of him

at 244K forget about it he is good 100% he is and a great rookie pick (he would have been if he didnt get injured)

but surely you can / have to back yourself to pick this years rookie or 4 in defence that will be as good and save you 144k

only reason id spend that on a player is if you think they become a keeper or you really really back them to score well enough at least to make you 100-150K then a rook could do the same thing,

so for me any player over $250K is a keeper or a no go. give or take :)

SAMCRO

I had this guy all year in 2011, picked him before round 1 and stuck with him but he never played enough (due to injury) to warrant a trade for a downgrade.

IMO I think you'd be better off picking a rookie, lots of defensive choices this year.

scotty_222

i agree, he is good
but not good to hand over that amount of cash for the unknown.
just is strange that he is that price after playing only 2 games.
him and caddy would have been good pick ups for rookie prices imo

Didds70

I'm baffled by the $311K price tag on Coad .

Have you considered Marty Clarke @ $170K . Played 50 odd games for the Pies from '07 >> '09 , far more appealing in my book than 2 gamer M.Coad .

http://www.sportsnewsfirst.com.au/articles/2012/01/23/clarke-an-attacking-magpie/

Cheers .

Swallow12

Hopefully he gets a gig, he will def be an interesting smokie thats for sure! Too risky to get a game IMO