the frontrunner

Started by sliced ham, January 19, 2012, 09:51:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sliced ham

TEAM NAME: My Planned Dream Team
DEF: B. Goddard, B. Deledio, M. Suckling, R. Conca, N. Suban, T. Mohr, L. Spurr (B. Smedts, S. Morris)
MID: D. Swan, G. Ablett jnr, J. Selwood, S. Docherty, S. Clifton, D. Shiel (S. Kerridge, T. Mitchell)
RUC: M. Leuenberger, M. Kreuzer (J. Giles, O. Stephenson)
FWD: L. Franklin, M. Pavlich, M. Robinson, D. Martin, S. Sidebottom, A. Christensen, J. Brown (D. Zorko, A. Treloar)
CASH LEFT: $2,500

one of a hundred different teams rattling around in my head, feel like its really taking shape, frontrunner to be my structure this year, byes 10/10/10, trying not to be too worried about byes until it get closer but trying not to have more than 2 premiums with bye at the same time in each line. and yes i know about docherty but i think he will get some games not too far into the season and his DPP is super handy

Colliwobblers

when you get to round 11 you want to be 8-11-11. but lets not go there i am tired of thinking about byes.

As for Docherty yeah we have all gone off him, but if he starts round 2 or 3 or 4 even we could miss the boat and be hurt, if he starts just a little into the season and tears it up and goes up 50k then another 30 or 40 before we who dont have him can trade out a rook (that is ready by then) we either have to sideways trade a rook when Docherty is on the bubble, but Dochery dearer after his 1st 2nd 3rd price rise , who knows, OR wave as he goes by because we missed the ship, having him just means you hope he isnt too long out because the rest of us are making money off a rook that is playing, so hey flip a coin who knows whats best.

Your Side,

DEF: a little light on premiums but i rate Conca highly and suban well who knows. i look at both of them tho as worst case scenario cash cows, which means you may only have 3 gun scores in your def, but you also may have 5. Risky.
MID: Risky again with just the 3 premiums, but you have 3 of the best 2 captain choices and your mid rooks are the best so not a bad strategy.
RUCK: solid, i chickened out and went 2 premiums, you have 1 premium 1 midpriced and 2 rooks thats fine
FWD: ok so here is where all your money went :) it is overloaded. but overloaded with great picks. I personally like the team i have followed a similar idea with 4 guns and a mid pricer in both def and fwd and 4 premiums in the mids 2 in the ruck, why because the best mid pricers are in def and fwd and the best rooks are in the mids.

I can see a lot of people saying get rid of a fwd mid pricer andd upgrade the def, i dont think it will make much difference myself. Just make sure all those mid pricers you have look the goods in nab cup and its a risky but good side with a lot of potential upside and very likely it will bolt early, the other key to this working is having the best rooks available, you have less than most due to your mid pricers so you better make sure the rooks you do have are the fattest cash cows in the paddock so you can upgrade any of those mid pricers that dont turn out to be keepers.

Good side, unique and risky but could smash a lot teams if all the risks come through for you.

upthemaidens

if you are going for league only then the byes really dont matter much, if at all.
but yeah ur in a world of shared-bye pain with this team haha :)

Scrads

Quote from: sliced ham on January 19, 2012, 09:51:57 PM
TEAM NAME: My Planned Dream Team
DEF: B. Goddard, B. Deledio, M. Suckling, R. Conca, N. Suban, T. Mohr, L. Spurr (B. Smedts, S. Morris)
MID: D. Swan, G. Ablett jnr, J. Selwood, S. Docherty, S. Clifton, D. Shiel (S. Kerridge, T. Mitchell)
RUC: M. Leuenberger, M. Kreuzer (J. Giles, O. Stephenson)
FWD: L. Franklin, M. Pavlich, M. Robinson, D. Martin, S. Sidebottom, A. Christensen, J. Brown (D. Zorko, A. Treloar)
CASH LEFT: $2,500

one of a hundred different teams rattling around in my head, feel like its really taking shape, frontrunner to be my structure this year, byes 10/10/10, trying not to be too worried about byes until it get closer but trying not to have more than 2 premiums with bye at the same time in each line. and yes i know about docherty but i think he will get some games not too far into the season and his DPP is super handy

I wouldn't have both Suban and Conca, I'd just pick one. I'm a hawks supporter and whilst that doesn't automatically mean I know everything, I just want to warn you to make sure Suckers is on the team sheet round 1. Mids can't fault. Kreuz is a risk you are obviously willing to take, otherwise standard rucks. Your forward line is packed, I would actually stray away from this because the likelihood of all 7 of those being in the top 10 forwards isn't big, you are better off starting with 4 or 5 then upgrading the rest during the season to the top performers.

sliced ham

thanks for the feedback guys, not necessarily whati am going to do but i like the idea of getting the best 3 mids and then going rookies for the rest, forwardline is where i was expecting to cop the most flak but i reckon with this sort of setup i could demolish some opponents early. im more of a league guy, overall is a bit secondary to smashing a few mates but i think i might make a run at overall this year see how i go.