Goddard and Deledio

Started by AndrewY, January 19, 2012, 08:32:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grazz

Quote from: Andrew on January 20, 2012, 07:11:21 PM
Surely got to have these two but the bigger question is... who's overlooking Scotland AGAIN?

I did last year with having Gibbs and not wanting another Blues player in my Backline due to the multi byes i left him out
which in hindsight was a pretty stupid/panicky thing to do with 3 bench players and DPP's. Regreted it big time. Doubt i'll make that error again.

elephants

In my opinion Scotland is over-priced. Also his round 13 bye hurts.

Grazz

Quote from: elephants on January 21, 2012, 01:07:34 AM
In my opinion Scotland is over-priced. Also his round 13 bye hurts.

Yeh this a problem with structuring for the byes.

Windigo

Hang on a minute.

How sure are we that Goddard will return to his past dominant scoring. Have we heard anything to support this. He might just stink it up again and maybe never really get back to that consistent 100 scoring...You never know for certain.

AndrewY

I am not sure it matters either way Windigo.
If 80-90% of teams select him it is just a simple knockout of one defender before each round even starts.
High score / Low score? most will have it by the looks of the teams being talked about.

I think the edge is in having the nerve to select a different premium to either of Deledio or Goddard this year.
Then holding it for at least 3 rounds before deciding an transfer into your side if needed.
High risk potential of gaining a few points if as you say perhaps Goddard does not exactly fire.
Sadly a high risk of falling behind from round 1.....but at least you would be noticed..laughed at..but noticed.

itchytradefinger

Very, very risky to start without these 2. They do share a bye which makes the likes of Birchill and Scotland (who share the same bye) almost unworkable.

If you have a second team (I mean your wife or girlfriend has a team) I'd suggest putting both Birchill and Scotland in it. No one else will have them for the reasons mentioned above and if they fire up early and Goddard and Deledio both suck (highly unlikely) then you will be happier than a honeymooner.

Windigo

Too much of a risk not to have both. Goddard's season was rubbish compared to his high standards.

I dunno about him reaching any new highs. But hopefully the new coach will have some ideas to get Goddard back to full confidence.

Grazz

Goddard will fire up again this year, to good to classy not to. With a new coach will come an injection of life into the side and he'll be back to his old self for sure.

Impromptu

Surely got to have these two but the bigger question is... who's overlooking Scotland AGAIN?
Scotland appears to be the quiet achiever.

Assuming Lids and Goddard locks then Scotland v Fisher?

Grazz

Quote from: Impromptu on January 22, 2012, 03:39:47 PM

The round 13 bye makes it to difficult to have all 3 unless you want to wear a few donuts in that round.

Andrew

Quote from: Grazz on January 22, 2012, 03:43:15 PM
Quote from: Impromptu on January 22, 2012, 03:39:47 PM

The round 13 bye makes it to difficult to have all 3 unless you want to wear a few donuts in that round.

Good point... I'll try to upgrade to Scotland after that bye, but it'll be getting late in the season by that point... :S

Strategically, I think it's better to start with guys from round 12 & 13 byes and upgrade to guys with a round 11 bye. But who knows how all this will pan out by the time we get to that point in the season!

Windigo

I hope they re-think the bye conundrum. Didn't Grazz have some rumor and that or what?

Virtual sports should do better than just give us an extra trade. Gee thanks!  ::)

Grazz

Quote from: Windigo on January 22, 2012, 04:34:57 PM
I hope they re-think the bye conundrum. Didn't Grazz have some rumor and that or what?

Virtual sports should do better than just give us an extra trade. Gee thanks!  ::)

I got some inside info a few weeks back that they may organise it so that we would only have to use 15-18 players in the major byes which would of helped big time with donuts during that period, this info came with "Yet to be confirmed" and i posted it as that but recieving my email this week from DT as all would have, it made no mention of this in the major changes for 2012 so i highly doubt this will eventuate now mate. Stiil got everything crossed that they will throw us a bone here but i doubt it so id keep planning as you have been.

bowyanger

Conundrum?

Are you serious?

Its called planning and research, no big deal.

Makes the game interesting

Pretty easy really.

Have a cup of concrete

Windigo

Quote from: bowyanger on January 22, 2012, 09:24:08 PM
Conundrum?

Are you serious?

Its called planning and research, no big deal.

Makes the game interesting

Pretty easy really.

Have a cup of concrete

Cup of what?  :P