Goddard and Deledio

Started by AndrewY, January 19, 2012, 08:32:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndrewY

Is there anyone considering not having these two in their teams?
Who could they be replaced with?
They are very popular so perhaps taking someone against them may give some excitement to back lines this year?
Just considering options.

Kuruki

Scotland is probably the only guy you would consider replacing one of these 2 with imo

elephants

Best mate is going Houli over Lids and Scotland over Godd. I said it'd bite him but he thinks otherwise ::) :P

picker_man

you would only consider cheaper players to replace these two so scotland is not an option in my opinion, i dont see anything wrong with players like heppell, adcock, birchall/suckling, fisher to replace them but i think i would want goddard atleast as the new coach could have him running around backline to kill it this yr for us dt players

Off Tap

Both guys are undervalued when you consider Goddard's best and that Did's is going into the midfield. If you don't start with these 2 guys you are behind from the start.

Purple 77

Ha ha lol, these guys should just sign the marriage document, you'll always see them together!  :) Clearly, they are the two must have's in defense this year IMO

bowyanger

Ive been playing around with these 2, and still have them in my team, but other players Ive been shuffling around that share the same bye include

Carrots
Burgoyne
Birchall
&
Yarran

I was planning on picking up LIDS when the tigers draw gets a little easier.

BJ has the new coach (a degree of unkown PPG) and is quite expensive. Will he drop under 500k?

Obviously as my team has changed everywhere I have farted around with these players and every other possibilty elsewhere because of their price tags.

Carlton have a very good draw, Yarrans best footy is still probably ahead of him.

Burgoyne will be starting to get some explosiveness back into his game (clearances) since his knee 18 months or so ago (I suffered a similar injury, and because its such a big, detrimental joint, it affects how you play footy greatly for a few years)

Its more than likely these 2 players will be in the top 6 scoring backmen (BJ  & Lids), for the sake of picking them up 100k cheaper (if your patient) compared to the ease basement priced players can make 100k, it far outweighs to start with these 2 premiums than waste 2 trades getting them in around mid season anyways.

Trades are paramount.

Ive been tempted by the mid pricers (its hard to abstain) but Ive had more success going absolute premiums with absolute cheapos (>140K) over the last few years

Colliwobblers

yeah +1 on abstaining from the midpricers but gees there are some golden nuggets out there this season and i think its almost compulsory to have 2 or 3 to stay under the salary cap, or rooks instead and cash left over.

My DEF has to change becasue i want Goddard also from the start, fooled myself into thinking it isnt neccessary but i fear it is

Shaw,Delidio,Adcock, Heppell,Conca - Rooks

Thing is I am not so sure Shaw won't run riot off half back this season also and be a top 3 must have player... you like that sure shaw... clever aren't I  ::)

bowyanger

I didnt have shaw on my list pre xmas, but since Ive tweaked the byes into consideration, he is a starter.

BJ
HShaw
Lids
Hurn

My only premo's 2 keep me pumping through the byes

Hurn more than likely to end up D7 in the 2nd half of the season

Backlines hard this year, at least until rd 14

Windigo

Got too have them this year.

Ziplock

goddard is 20 points under priced, and deledio is set for a second break out imo.

jballstars

no 2 ways about it you must have them both from the start as no miracle trade route will get you the points back you missed

jimmytigs

when messing with fanplanner i do rucks first then backs,i dont even know if i tick these 2 guys any more or the fanplanner just does it automatically for me now.Wouldnt even consider not having them,in fact i pick these 2 then go all the way to bottom of page where plenty of diamonds in the rough hang out like lake & connors & maybe bower(preseason & rd 1)& hargrave.Only guy i glance over with some regret is broughton,but you can have the rest in that upper echelon

Grazz

Not having both would have me feeling like ive gone shopping naked, very awkward.

Andrew

Surely got to have these two but the bigger question is... who's overlooking Scotland AGAIN?