Pressure Point!! - v 1.0

Started by SOS#1, January 19, 2012, 02:15:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SOS#1

DEF: B. Goddard, B. Deledio, B. Waters, J. Grimes, B. Lake, M. Clarke, S. Darley (B. Smedts, B. Wilkes)
MID: G. Ablett jnr, J. Watson, M. Barlow, L. Hayes, A. Morabito, D. Shiel (K. Stevens, D. Zorko)
RUC: S. Mumford, N. Naitanui (J. Giles, O. Stephenson)
FWD: L. Franklin, D. Zaharakis, D. Martin, A. Christensen, J. Brown, J. Porplyzia, A. Saad (A. Treloar, T. Walsh)
CASH LEFT: $520,900

Byes- 11/11/8

Where to spend the extra cash?

lordy9

upgrad brown christison and polplez thants where!!!

AndrewY

Like the Natanui choice. Will be a POD against most teams I think.  Perhaps keep the cash for a few rounds and see how Brown, porplyzia, barlow, morabtito , waters and lake go.. Possibly a series of inspired team selections with plenty of cash to upgrade for positioning  before the bye rounds..A gutsy play though.

Colliwobblers

Quote from: SOS#1 on January 19, 2012, 02:15:27 PM
DEF: B. Goddard, B. Deledio, B. Waters, J. Grimes, B. Lake, M. Clarke, S. Darley (B. Smedts, B. Wilkes)
MID: G. Ablett jnr, J. Watson, M. Barlow, L. Hayes, A. Morabito, D. Shiel (K. Stevens, D. Zorko)
FWD: L. Franklin, D. Zaharakis, D. Martin, A. Christensen, J. Brown, J. Porplyzia, A. Saad (A. Treloar, T. Walsh)
Byes- 11/11/8

Ok doesnt matter yet, but come round 11 structure wants to be 8-11-11 for byes, but dont worry about rooks now just premiums when planning for the byes.

DEF: waters grimes and lake are 2 too many, well at least 1 too many mid pricers and 1 too few premiums. Upgrade 1 to a premium gun.
MID: one too few premiums here, you will lose a ton of points to every other team if hayes doesnt score 100's. If he does your a genius, but with all that money left i would upgrade hayes to a premium such as thompson or rockliffe(due to the byes), by all means if you have enough keep hayes Barlow is a lock dont change him.
FWD: this is great no problems here except porps is not the greatest pick, if you end up needing more money to upgrade your defence and midfield as i suggested downgrade porps to a rook, the rook will make you more cash cost you less and porps wont end up a keeper anyway.

Thats my thoughts good luck in season 2012.

SOS#1

Hayes to Mitchell

Lake to ?? is it just me or does it seem that all upper level backs are over priced??!? None are very appealing to me at all!

Still looking at the porps situation

Scrads

Quote from: SOS#1 on January 19, 2012, 02:15:27 PM

Byes- 11/11/8

First: spend it. Doesnt have to be all of it but you cant go in with half a mill still in the bank round 1. id say leave 70-80k max.

Backs: First thing I would do is spend that cash on Lake and turn him into a premium. Other than that your backline is very good, but there is an element of risk going in with all 3 of Waters/Grimes/Lake

Mids: Watson will be a very unique choice, I hope it pays off for you. Id conider bringing in Swan if you decide its not worth the risk. Also, there is probably no need for Morabito, a basement price rook is likely to score just as much so there is some more cash you can use (not that you need it :P)

Rucks: Naitanui is interesting, its your choice whether to take that risk or not but hopefully it pays off for you.

Forwards: You probably dont need both Brown and Christo, I would choose just one and upgrade the other. Porplyzia is in the same boat as Morabito, save some cash and downgrade to a rookie who will score similarly.