Robbie Gray

Started by PICCOLLO, January 19, 2012, 01:01:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PICCOLLO

Thoughts on Robbie Gray this year?  Will get midfield time but is he a trade in target given his end to last year?
Ive notice that few teams have him in the rate my sc section.

Gooner

Too injury prone for my tastes.  He's likely to injure himself reaching for the half time oranges in round one.

Grazz

Probably the only one from Port that would come under consideration for me. Finished of 2011 well. But no.

Torress

i'd say no, just avoid port players, period!! except rookies.
i like him as a player, but fact of the matter is his consistency won't be there for whole season due to the team he is in. (unless they come out and dominate - who knows??  :-X)

so you pay 491k for him from a 91 average, he seems to lift his average by around 15 ppg over last few years which is good. but diminishing returns i think!! he would need to average 100 to make it worth while. i reckon you can find soemone else who might increase their average by more, therefore being a better buy. i don't think he'll hit 100 average only based on being at port, at another team i'd prob pick him.

Sabretooth Tigers

Like you , have given Gray  fair bit of thought. Think he is priced about $50k to much especially when you can have  ----------
wait for it ---  Sidebottom M/F for $38,000 less. Word is he is training with Collingwoods midfielders, but There is something about Gray but I can't put in to words that will make sense, perhaps just a strong gut feeling that this may be his year and it ain't long ago Port were almost referring to him as the new messiah. But Sidey for me at this stage, Cheers and good luck.

Purple 77

Yeah probably not for me, i think there are more reliable options around his price. I always think he has the potential to score big, but i dont think he will in a struggling team like port

Nieso FC

Put him into the Missy Higgins basket - burn me once but not twice!

bowyanger

I had him locked in until 2 days ago.

All this injury disaster at Port has got me staying away from any players. The stars were aligning during the offseason

I had  up to 4 players as starters but have decided against it.

It would seem their season is over, with plausible excuses, before it began.

I just dont think they will win many games again despite their draw & coaching staff...because of injury ..... which affects potential big SC scores

Lindo

The Port fans call him "Biscuit Man" because he seems to break easy

He wont be in my side!

charliesheen

Quote from: Nieso FC on January 19, 2012, 06:12:53 PM
Put him into the Missy Higgins basket - burn me once but not twice!

Higgins basket means he burns you at least 3 times.  Gray good for a few more chances.

Ringo

Probably not for me as I think there are better potential players at around the same price Sidebottom has been mentioned but Zaha and a smokey Leigh Adams may be worth considering at the price.

charliesheen

Quote from: Ringo on January 20, 2012, 06:53:22 PM
Probably not for me as I think there are better potential players at around the same price Sidebottom has been mentioned but Zaha and a smokey Leigh Adams may be worth considering at the price.

One to look out 4.  IMO.

Colliwobblers

yep NO , just not cheap enough to take the risk on but anyone who takes him stands to gain a lot because all signs point to him really lifting, you could bet if he played for another side almost any other side there would be a lot more interest.

He is a great unique pick but not one that i think will pay off.

theta

He was shortlisted....now Lobbe is injured, Gray is off the list.

Torress

Quote from: charliesheen on January 21, 2012, 12:43:32 AM
Quote from: Ringo on January 20, 2012, 06:53:22 PM

One to look out 4.  IMO.

leigh adams had pre season surgery though didn't he?? he was awkwardly priced last season and i think he is awkwardly priced again this season!! looks the goods as a player, got a bit of chappy about him