Main Menu

Renouf

Started by miffysp, January 19, 2012, 03:34:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

miffysp

This guy is now on my radar.
With lobbe sidelined for the preseason it opens up the #1 ruck spot at port.
That leaves Renouf to take the mantle with possibly trengove to help out.
At 248,400 he is a bargain.
Slots nicely in as r2.
Anyone else jumping on him?

Colliwobblers

similar situation to trent west, but what happens when lobbe comes back, and how good is renouf anyway, those are your questions, as for trent west just because you fall into the #1 ruck spot ala renouf doesnt mean your keeping it , i'll back stephensen to be the #1 ruck at the latest next season and lobbe will be back to resume the position of #1 ruck soon enough, the exception HMac isnt coming back and taking his #1 spot back i think goldy gets to keep that, shame given HMacs price and ability...

Purple 77

Well, usually ruckman have a breakout year. Usually they dont "ease" in to good ruckman status. Since renouf is the new number 1 man at port, for now at least, he could very well breakout and cement his spot in the team. Im considering him, but if i were to go for a mid priced ruck 2, then trent west or zac smith catch my eye a little bit more.

miffysp

I just feel he is better than going another rookie. West and smith r both a fair bit dearer tha Renouf. I'd upgrade from Renouf before long anyways. More of a cash cow. N yeah I wouldn't really consider west as I rekon big O will have #1 ruck spot. No real point risking it

Speculator

I think he could be a good selection. If I were to go a midpricer in the ruck, he would be near the top of my list

jimmytigs

who says renouf is #2 at port anyway?whats lobbe ever done?Renouf is definately on my radar,the guy has the heart of a pissant but i feel he will be #1 at port anyway.There is a slight injury cloud over him at moment but if hes in rd 1 he will be in my squad,also keen on west,cant see any point in spending half a mill extra for say cox & sandi when these 2 guys will be #1 at their clubs & pick stevenson as backup & maybe even redden of port

Hawka

People seem to forget he was a premiership ruckmen.Ithink he could be a great pick and improve his average a fair bit.His first half of 2010 was great in the number 1 ruck role when all our other rucks were injured and last year he never really hit the hieghts i expected him to before he got injured