Stick ur Neck Out

Started by Didds70, January 18, 2012, 10:16:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabretooth Tigers

Quote from: Didds70 on January 18, 2012, 10:16:50 PM
Gday All ,

Another day , more considerations , maybe new names come to light etc ..... ,

Long story short , am considering a joint effort with a mate , a 50/50 team in the one leauge . I choose 15 , he 15 to start off , and after heaps of fart arseing around we'll eventaully agree on something .

Had a situation this morning where I had noticed my offsider had inserted Brett Peake as a Mid 4 , my eyes glazed over and I went for the Panadol . Having tidied up that little mess with a few moves , ended up being able to scrape in Mr M Barlow into M4 .

Then got thinking , "well if not Barlow , who else ? "

Have done a fair ammount of research 2day & in this case , " if not Barlow " , the winner is ........

Scott Selwood , Allen Christensen or Ben Howlett in my books .

I'd be prepared to install Ben Howlett as my/our M4 . Locked . ( Alternative would be spend on another Mid Rookie )

True risk , absolute risk on maybe a go nowhere man , but I'll stick my neck out and see what happens .

If you were or are in a similar situation & throw off the life vest , sink or swim , who would you love to have a crack at just 'cos ?

From any corner of the field .

Keep the game unique fellas & dare to be different .

Cheers .

Like most, maybe even all, Barlow is in my team, but if you'd like to go unique then have a look at J Tutt (332,600) of the bulldogs. Remember his 4 goal ( first four kicks ) debut last year when best on ground. Will be trying to trim my side just a little after the NAB Cup to make hom M5. Goodluck and cheers.

Speculator

Naitanui WILL be in my supercoach team (not DT though), I think Trengove will easily move into 100+ territory but unfortunately he does not fit my structure and there are other mids who will make the cut befor e im.

Torress

van berlo for sure but won't have gonads to pick him.

matty bate is one i'm considering, apparently training with midfield group (yea yea that old chess nut!!!) but got an average of 54 with a (fanplanner) 10% discount 294k averaged 70+ in the past. atm i'm on him

jack grimes is another i'm toying with. i don't want to not have this guy when he brings it for a season

jarryn geary is also cheap and if he gets games and isn't being the sub will make money - only 213k defender

and one more i really wnt to pick but probably just won't is de boer, if he was dpp he would be in my forward line but alas.

ubeaut

Here's a few I'm considering -

Hurley - if the Bombers make the eight again or better still improve this guy is in the top 5 important players. An absolute gun who is capable of kicking bags every week and taking contested grabs.

Johncock - always flies under the radar but apart from last season (which makes his price tempting) is up there with the best scoring defenders. Not a great defender but that's where he plays so all he does is rebound.

Bock - Second highest scoring player after Ablett in first season at G.C. The go to man in their defense.

Mitch Clarke - Should get rucking points as Jamar's backup. Keen to impress at new club and will be their main target.

more to come...........

pavs nose

Reece Palmer is another I this category. Ave around 90 in his 1st year, then a knee reco, then mark Harvey hated him. 100 ave from him as a ft midfielder would not surprise me

theflyinghawk

dangerfield?

always going to be a better sc player and there are people considering him for dt because of his seemingly huge pre-season, might be a good unique forward.

AndrewY

Had Rhys Shaw all last year.
A great run home. A few too many tagging days mid season.
Still getting 'tude about him this year of course.

Purple 77

Gday All ,

Long story short , am considering a joint effort with a mate , a 50/50 team in the one leauge . I choose 15 , he 15 to start off , and after heaps of fart arseing around we'll eventaully agree on something .

Had a situation this morning where I had noticed my offsider had inserted Brett Peake as a Mid 4 , my eyes glazed over and I went for the Panadol . Having tidied up that little mess with a few moves , ended up being able to scrape in Mr M Barlow into M4 .

Have done a fair ammount of research 2day & in this case , " if not Barlow " , the winner is ........

I'd be prepared to install Ben Howlett as my/our M4 . Locked . ( Alternative would be spend on another Mid Rookie )

True risk , absolute risk on maybe a go nowhere man , but I'll stick my neck out and see what happens .

If you were or are in a similar situation & throw off the life vest , sink or swim , who would you love to have a crack at just 'cos ?

Cheers .

Barlow me thinks is the best option, Scott Selwood plays in a position not suited to SC, Christensen averaged 70 not including byes, a huge improvement in his game will see his average maybe 85, still not worth it IMO. Ben Howlett will probably keep up what he's been playing at. I really do admire that your being unique, really do. But Barlow is clearly the best option, really think you should stick with him

SAMCRO

Christensen averaged 70 not including byes, a huge improvement in his game will see his average maybe 85, still not worth it IMO.

Didn't he average 86 when not used as the sub?

Purple 77

Quote from: SAMCRO on January 22, 2012, 06:32:54 AM
Christensen averaged 70 not including byes, a huge improvement in his game will see his average maybe 85, still not worth it IMO.

Didn't he average 86 when not used as the sub?

That he did.......... sorry about that, got mixed up with another player. he is a good option........... MPP beats barlow, but i think barlow is able to score better and more consistently, and older body helps with that.

Colliwobblers

how about sticking your neck out for dangerfield yet again.... i didnt get sucked in last season but im keen this season

Bluesman

Jarrad Grant is another one for me. Can see him easily averaging 80+ with not too many taking goals away from him that i can see - they will be shared with a number of players..with Jarrad being fairly experienced and having perhaps the most potential!
;)

Hippo

Didak!

full pre season and over injury
Training in the mids and has been quite prominent in training reports
cheap as flower

tick tick tick!

Didds70

Quote from: Purple 77 on January 21, 2012, 10:09:28 PM
Gday All ,

Cheers .

Barlow me thinks is the best option, Scott Selwood plays in a position not suited to SC, Christensen averaged 70 not including byes, a huge improvement in his game will see his average maybe 85, still not worth it IMO. Ben Howlett will probably keep up what he's been playing at. I really do admire that your being unique, really do. But Barlow is clearly the best option, really think you should stick with him
Well have had a bit of a re-think & probably sanity will have to prevail , on the Howlett issue ( yes , I've lost my mojo on that one !! ) & S.Selwood included in that . Christensen I think comes out on top of the 3 , so can always install Barlow at M4 & look at Christensen at around F4 .
All great comments fellas , a good read right through . Nothing like a bit of food for thought .

pavs nose

Quote from: Bluesman on January 23, 2012, 05:06:07 PM
Jarrad Grant is another one for me. Can see him easily averaging 80+ with not too many taking goals away from him that i can see - they will be shared with a number of players..with Jarrad being fairly experienced and having perhaps the most potential!
;)

I agree on this one. my opponent had him in the 2010 gf and he killed me with a 100+. I will never forget it.

Has potential