Stick ur Neck Out

Started by Didds70, January 18, 2012, 10:16:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Didds70

Gday All ,

Another day , more considerations , maybe new names come to light etc ..... ,

Long story short , am considering a joint effort with a mate , a 50/50 team in the one leauge . I choose 15 , he 15 to start off , and after heaps of fart arseing around we'll eventaully agree on something .

Had a situation this morning where I had noticed my offsider had inserted Brett Peake as a Mid 4 , my eyes glazed over and I went for the Panadol . Having tidied up that little mess with a few moves , ended up being able to scrape in Mr M Barlow into M4 .

Then got thinking , "well if not Barlow , who else ? "

Have done a fair ammount of research 2day & in this case , " if not Barlow " , the winner is ........

Scott Selwood , Allen Christensen or Ben Howlett in my books .

I'd be prepared to install Ben Howlett as my/our M4 . Locked . ( Alternative would be spend on another Mid Rookie )

True risk , absolute risk on maybe a go nowhere man , but I'll stick my neck out and see what happens .

If you were or are in a similar situation & throw off the life vest , sink or swim , who would you love to have a crack at just 'cos ?

From any corner of the field .

Keep the game unique fellas & dare to be different .

Cheers .

pavs nose

It's good to be different mate but not including Barlow will put you at a disadvantage to all teams that do have him from the beginning

Didds70

Quote from: pavs nose on January 18, 2012, 10:27:36 PM
It's good to be different mate but not including Barlow will put you at a disadvantage to all teams that do have him from the beginning
Yep point taken pav , but this after all , hopefully is a post about sticking your neck out & challenging not only others but , your own judgement .

Played in and won a very strong leauge last year and my opponent & I differed by i think around 12 or 13 players onfield in the GF . ( I was helped out by a heap of Hawks resting - LUCK !! ) So yes , It's great to differ , but there is a limit of course .

This post isn't about M.Barlow in any way , it's hopefully about researching ALL potentials rather than just following the Sheeple .

All the best pav .

Colliwobblers

Yeah for that price point in the mids Barlow is a total lock, no competition at all.

But, in answer to your question a couple i would like to have a crack at but probably won't risk would be

VanBerlo (ADE)
J Trengove
Ziebell
Dangerfield
HMac
Lewis
LeCras
Watts
Thornton
Grima
Suban

Thre you go a bunch of just a few players that I "Like the way they play" and that have the potential to be good DT'ers but require huge balls to pick :) for one reason or another

sliced ham

i would love to fit Gaff in but i  think i will have to wait another year.... so probably him. J trengove would have to be up there.

GoldDigger

Selwood and Christensen look good for mine.

Didds70

Quote from: sliced ham on January 18, 2012, 11:07:18 PM
i would love to fit Gaff in but i  think i will have to wait another year.... so probably him. J trengove would have to be up there.
Yep fair call Ham , I'd lean Trengove . All down to structure & it is a difficult area price wise for sure . Probably just one price area completely overlooked 'cos there may well be nuffink in it .

Didds70

Quote from: Colliwobblers on January 18, 2012, 10:50:51 PM
Yeah for that price point in the mids Barlow is a total lock, no competition at all.

But, in answer to your question a couple i would like to have a crack at but probably won't risk would be

VanBerlo (ADE)
J Trengove
Ziebell
Dangerfield
HMac
Lewis
LeCras
Watts
Thornton
Grima
Suban

Thre you go a bunch of just a few players that I "Like the way they play" and that have the potential to be good DT'ers but require huge balls to pick :) for one reason or another

Geez Man , I'm starting to wonder if this was he smartest post , it gets tough !! Erm , DANGER from that list .  ;D

pavs nose

Didds one player I know I will get mocked for having is robin nahas. Played 22 last year with a good ave. Doubt many will pick him so should be a big point of diff for me

Didds70

Quote from: GoldDigger on January 18, 2012, 11:13:48 PM
Selwood and Christensen look good for mine.

Decent call Digger , honestly not all that up there with S Selwood but A Christensen maybe a potential for sure .

Can I just get back to some stats ( 2011 ) : Mr Barlow Average 24 poss , 11 Contested , Disposal Eff % = 65 , 4.1 clearances , 4.1 tackles .

Mr Howlett Average 18.5 poss , 8.8 Contested , Disp Eff % = 69 % , 4 clearances , 6.7 tackles .

I'll still stick my neck out !!

Being a Bomber , gotta be perochial . HOWLETT , get on .

Bluesman

Tom Hawkins. I really see some potential and would love to pick him but know i won't!  :-\ (Also Naitanui and Gaff to a lesser extent)

Colliwobblers

I didn't put christensen or conca because at the moment i have both, subject to change with very little notice :) but i'm over 90% locked on Christo and at least 75% on Conca.

Both will be under the 2nd year curse so that's my head stuck out waiting to be knocked off  :P

Didds70

Quote from: pavs nose on January 19, 2012, 12:02:21 AM
Didds one player I know I will get mocked for having is robin nahas. Played 22 last year with a good ave. Doubt many will pick him so should be a big point of diff for me
THAT is what I'm lookin for pav , that is a ballsy move mate , very comfortable with that . Not my choice , BUT definately one of those uniques that may set you apart from others in ur leauge . Great selection . X Factor selection I believe .

My Dad ( 65yo ) is a fan of Robbie Nahas , loves him , the game has to have flighty pinch hitters , Nahas is one .

Didds70

Quote from: Bluesman on January 19, 2012, 12:16:54 AM
Tom Hawkins. I really see some potential and would love to pick him but know i won't!  :-\ (Also Naitanui and Gaff to a lesser extent)
Good spotting Bluesman , very much agreed , have posted somewhere else re: TomaHawk & also Luke Breust .

But Yes , Tom Hawkins , was later last year enough ?? I'll pass , but really want this fella to dominate consistently . It'd be great to see another Wayne Carey going around for a few years . ( that's my opinion only ) ...

It's still a big call Scoach structure wise Bluesman . I'm goin for the Panadol again . ( Go the Dons .)

Nieso FC

Sloane anyone, does have an easy draw at the begining

Shhhhhhh ;)