The 2012 WXV Trading Window

Started by ossie85, January 18, 2012, 08:56:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maca24

Quote from: CrowsFan on January 22, 2012, 12:33:57 AM
Quote from: Maca24 on January 21, 2012, 09:19:10 PM
Mexico Trades: Callan Ward, Billy Longer and Nick Malceski.

Dublin Trades: Paul Chapman, Nick Riewoldt and Shaun Burgoyne.

I have agreed to this trade with Holz because Ward and Longer are too young for my team and I don't really need Malceski because I have lots of backman anyway. I need old guys that will help short term so I have accepted his 3 players.
Maca I hope that after you win next year and then your team becomes crap you don't just give up and quit the team when you realise it will be years before you can challenge again :P
I'll enjoy the challenge of rebuilding when the time comes! :)
The thing is I can only see 1-2 players retiring at seasons end, so I feel I can still be very competitive in season 2.
But we shall all see I guess :P

ossie85

Trade went through! Me and Purple can't trade anymore.

11. ossie85 trades Jack Trengove and Chris Knights to Purple 77 for Ryan Griffen and Brent Renouf (confirmed)
0 Objections

Player Movements Left

3 - roo boys!
3 - PowerBug
0 - CrowsFan
4 - pothead
0 - Purple 77
0 - My Chumps
4 - c4v3m4n
1 - pyronerd
1 - MajorLazer
1 - Cookie Monster
3 - meow meow
3 - Maca24
4 - FisherSaints
3 - Hellopplz
4 - Holzman
1 - bomberboy0618
0 - ossie85
3 - Boomz

ossie85

All 3 trades went through... #12, phew.

12. Maca24 trades Callan Ward, Billy Longer and Nick Malceski to Holzman for Paul Chapman, Nick Riewoldt and Shaun Burgoyne (confirmed)
3 Objections

13. Boomz trades Graham Johncock to PowerBug for Trent McKenzie (confirmed)
1 Objection

14. meow meow trades Chris Masten to MajorLazer for Jordan Russell (confirmed)
1 Objection

Player Movements Left

3 - roo boys!
2 - PowerBug
0 - CrowsFan
4 - pothead
0 - Purple 77
0 - My Chumps
4 - c4v3m4n
1 - pyronerd
0 - MajorLazer
1 - Cookie Monster
2 - meow meow
0 - Maca24
4 - FisherSaints
3 - Hellopplz
1 - Holzman
1 - bomberboy0618
0 - ossie85
2 - Boomz

Boomz

Nice 8) Thought there might have been more rejections.

Holz

Quote from: Purple 77 on January 23, 2012, 09:35:29 PM
Oh wow, how did #12 go through?!

oath...

3 guys around 30 for possibly the best player at GWS, a great ruck propsect and a backman who averaged 97 in 2010 when fully fit.

Holz

Quote from: Purple 77 on January 23, 2012, 10:11:52 PM
The age is an issue, but all three of your guys can get monstrous scores, also consistently and average above 100, Ward and Longer haven't proven themselves IMO, malceski is alright.

But, setting up for your future is good, tis what i did

i do agree with the monster scores but i think malceski is also capable of doing so, and ward 90 average and still 10 years of game time left, was too good to give up. It puts Macca as strong favourite for the cup though

Master Q

Well there you have it. Maca wins Season 2012.

Holz

Quote from: Master Q on January 23, 2012, 11:18:05 PM

and the spoon in a few years

Master Q

Quote from: Holzman on January 23, 2012, 11:22:20 PM

Sorry Holz, you lost that trade by a mile.

Maca gives:

Ward (P120)
Longer (Draft P7)
Eski (P336)

You give:

Chapman (P93)
NRoo (P94)
Burgoyne (P194)

Why would you even consider it?

CrowsFan

I was thinking the same thing Q!

It was the same with the MC and CM trade.

MC gave:
Robert Murphy (P103)
Jarrad McVeigh (P174)
Stephen Hill (P186)

and CM gave:
Trent Cotchin (P27 and CM's second pick)
Ryan O'Keefe (P63)
Josh P. Kennedy (P99)

CM gave up 3 players that he had chosen before any of the players he got in return. Makes no sense!

meow meow

Quote from: Master Q on January 23, 2012, 11:32:06 PM

Maca gives:

Ward (P120)
Longer (Draft P7)
Eski (P336)

You give:

Chapman (P93)
NRoo (P94)
Burgoyne (P194)

I bet if we did the draft again, it would be majorly different.

NRoo and Chappy were both taken before Ward, but now Ward seems more valuable once people have thought about it and are starting to see the value in youth.

Would people give up a player with 2 years left for a first round pick? Probably.

So then it becomes Maceski vs Burgoyne, which isn't that uneven.

Master Q

Ward and Longer for Chapman and Roo is not fair Meow.

Roo is only 29, Chappy just turned 30, so still a few years left.

Holz

Maca gives:

Ward (P120)
Longer (Draft P7)
Eski (P336)

You give:

Chapman (P93)
NRoo (P94)
Burgoyne (P194)

i know i lost out on the trade, however when i made my chapman and nroo picks, i had logged in at uni to check something else, and was in class. I asked if people could wait 1 hour till finished, people said no so i had to rush my picks without researching anything or considering who was good for my team.

If i had time i would have gone Lecras over chappy and Nroo, and i would have tossed up between chappy, beams, ziebell, ward probably going with beams.

my alternative to not trading is, what finish in the top 8 for a few years than these 3 retire and i probably stay around the top 8.

i got offered much worse trades for these 3, so i though im not going to win the cup so why not get some guys that could give me a chance of top 4 in a few years.

I will have a decent team in 3 years with a mid of  Thomas, Mundy,Barlow, Ward, Caddy, Omeara

probably the best young ruck lineup in Mumford, Clarke (who will become a forward) and now Longer

my backline is solid, i think Clarke could be a gun forward in a few years, schnieder is solid and walsh, day etc.... could become good players.

Master Q

Quote from: Holzman on January 24, 2012, 12:46:43 AM

Maca gives:

Ward (P120)
Longer (Draft P7)
Eski (P336)

You give:

Chapman (P93)
NRoo (P94)
Burgoyne (P194)

i know i lost out on the trade, however when i made my chapman and nroo picks, i had logged in at uni to check something else, and was in class. I asked if people could wait 1 hour till finished, people said no so i had to rush my picks without researching anything or considering who was good for my team.

If i had time i would have gone Lecras over chappy and Nroo, and i would have tossed up between chappy, beams, ziebell, ward probably going with beams.

my alternative to not trading is, what finish in the top 8 for a few years than these 3 retire and i probably stay around the top 8.

i got offered much worse trades for these 3, so i though im not going to win the cup so why not get some guys that could give me a chance of top 4 in a few years.

I will have a decent team in 3 years with a mid of  Thomas, Mundy,Barlow, Ward, Caddy, Omeara

probably the best young ruck lineup in Mumford, Clarke (who will become a forward) and now Longer

my backline is solid, i think Clarke could be a gun forward in a few years, schnieder is solid and walsh, day etc.... could become good players.
Doesn't change the fact that you lost big time  :P

bomberboy0618

Quote from: Master Q on January 24, 2012, 12:10:53 PM
Quote from: Holzman on January 24, 2012, 12:46:43 AM

Maca gives:

Ward (P120)
Longer (Draft P7)
Eski (P336)

You give:

Chapman (P93)
NRoo (P94)
Burgoyne (P194)

Doesn't change the fact that you lost big time  :P
I agree.
Theres a saying I have for this situation. Its rude though :P.