Rock the flop of the year!

Started by chaosAD, January 18, 2012, 12:03:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chaosAD

I'm thinking T Rockliffe may be the flop of 2012! He will get the number 1 tag this season and him not having had that before will be a massive risk! Simon Black won't get as much attention due to him playing in a wheel chair(because he's old and still a star mind you) I just think Rocky will have to learn how to break the tag and we all know it's not that easy! Good luck to all Rocky owners but for me I'll pass!

Cicjose

Redden will take pressure off Rockliff and both will average 110

DT-SC

black will get tagged the most, he's still one of the most influential players and your forgetting the lethal kick of daniel rich who i think will be second in line to be tagged....rich and black are damages while rockliff is more of a accumulator

jamster

yeah, rocky will not be tagged heavily this year, better uses of the ball in the birbane midfield

Lions01

Agree that black wont get tagged as much, His disposal by foot last year was down, especially to our leading forwards. His clearance work was still A grade and might cop some attention around stoppages.

Rich as stated started to get attention from opposition last year. Just apart of his game he'll have to develop.

My thoughts are

Rich is the most damaging player of the 3r's
Rockliff is an accumulator, gets a lot of link up ball, marks in defensive 50, handball receives etc
Redden is somewhere in between the 2, more damaging then Rockliff but less damaging then Rich and more of an accumulator then Rich but less the Rockliff.

Pecking order for the tags would be Rich, Black/Redden then Rocky. I can see Rockliff getting some attention throughout the year but not enough to hamper his score too much

brodman_18

Hawka

No way Rocky will be a flop this year he will imporve his average again
if he flops in anyway he will just stay around his same average,Black is still Brisses number 1 midfield i think very influential

elephants

The Tag line will go...

Black -> Rich -> Redden -> Rocky

We just need to relax :P

Grazz

Quote from: elephants on January 18, 2012, 02:16:52 PM
The Tag line will go...

Black -> Rich -> Redden -> Rocky

We just need to relax :P

I think you got it right there.

chaosAD

DT Gun

I see a lot of Swan about the way Rockliff plays..

Not damaging but an accumulator, a coach wont mind him waxing it on half back, but someone like rich bursting through the mids and hitting someone lace out in the forward line would raise an eyebrow or 2

Nails

Black was 12th for total possies in season 2012. He is a far better user than Rockliff and not really slowing down all that much at all. He'll get the tag easy, followed by Rich.

Jump on Rock.

DT Gun

and i wouldnt worry about redden getting tagged, he scores most of his points in tackles anyway, ya cant stop that!

boo-yaa

Rich should just pack his bags and come home. though i do hope rocky gets the tag, but probly just wishful thinking.

elephants

Quote from: boo-yaa on January 18, 2012, 06:19:53 PM
Rich should just pack his bags and come home. though i do hope rocky gets the tag, but probly just wishful thinking.
We'd take him at West Coast.