A little SA news

Started by picker_man, January 17, 2012, 08:01:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

picker_man

Just food for thought guys, Matthew lobbe ports #1 ruck will be out for 3 months so this could give redden a big chance of starting early as they only realy have renouf as back up. (hitchcock out for early rounds aswell.) p.s wont be picking any of these players but someone mite be

VB (van berlo) will be adelaides captain this yr will this bring a lift in his performance it's actually making me think about picking him hmmm :-\ 

bowyanger

IMO Renouf handled the ruck very well as the only ruck in 2009 & now would have a greater fitness base to handle the load.

Was Lobbe really going to be #1 ruck?...I thought he was playing as a Forward but was then forced to play as a #1.

I understood Renouf was drafted so Lobbe could go back forward.

2 players are affected here...Redden & Trengove...gotta pick one of em me thinks.

Trengoves bye pretty much cancels him out if he is a back.

Ziplock

trengove is purely a back this year from memory... only averaged a handful of hitouts last year.

sliced ham

Quote from: bowyanger on January 17, 2012, 08:41:52 PM
IMO Renouf handled the ruck very well as the only ruck in 2009 & now would have a greater fitness base to handle the load.

Was Lobbe really going to be #1 ruck?...I thought he was playing as a Forward but was then forced to play as a #1.

i agree that renouf will probably just handle the load himself but lobbe was meant to be number 1 ruckman. i think he kicked what 1 goal last year? i dunno if you saw him play but could not kick in front of goal.

picker_man

Your correct sliced ham, lobbe was port's no#1 ruck and i cant see how he would be tried down forward with 10 games for 1 goal. More to the point this could mean redden is playing games early to now support renouf

Colliwobblers

the ruck situation there is interesting but changes nothing in my previous decision not to invest in any of them at any stage.

Van Berlo tho as Picker_man says IS interesting, he is by far the fittest player in thier side, he lifted last year and he will stay skipper and should thrive under the new coaching staff (as tey all will).

I reckon Van Berlo is a smokie and an outside chance to lift his average to 115+ this season. Dangermouse is another crow to watch i wasnt fooled last season and didnt get on but he seems better again this season.....

Zombie2.5

Ziplock

redden ftw?

good pick up though- it must be relatively serious if they're only hopeful he'll be ready to go by nab...

McRooster

Port's ruck choices seem as concrete as their corporate investment opportunities, thin, at best.

Maybe iPrimus will come out of iretirement, it's all they can afford  :P

PowerBug

Quote from: picker_man on January 17, 2012, 08:01:59 PM
Just food for thought guys, Matthew lobbe ports #1 ruck will be out for 3 months so this could give redden a big chance of starting early as they only realy have renouf as back up.
I've been calling this one all off-season, and with the injury to Lobbe (Hopefully he comes out better) the 205cm man for Woodville may play some AFL footy! :D

elephants

My prediction...

1st - Renouf
2nd - Redden (then Lobbe when he returns...)

Get on Redden if you're looking at a 3 or 4 rookie ruck strategy!

Hawka

2 players are affected here...Redden & Trengove...gotta pick one of em me thinks.

was 2010 mate ;)
Renouf i thought last year was gona explode but stuggled at the start and then got injured he could easily average over 80+ this year i reckon even with Lobbe in the team as both may play Fwds at times

bowyanger

Quote from: hawka26 on January 18, 2012, 03:17:42 AM

My appologies....I thought it was the year after the premiership, when Campbell retired
was 2010 mate ;)
Renouf i thought last year was gona explode but stuggled at the start and then got injured he could easily average over 80+ this year i reckon even with Lobbe in the team as both may play Fwds at times

PowerMan

And i thought Port's pre season was going smoothly, until yesterday anyway! ugggh!

Keep in mind guys that J Westhoff did a little ruck last season as well.

Grazz

Hitchcock is another thats gone down in the preseason to isnt he. Heard something yesterday regarding him. Port in the wars already.