Selwood
18 (56.3%)
Murphy
5 (15.6%)
Rockliff
9 (28.1%)

Total Members Voted: 2

the raven

Which one is likely to average the most and score the most points in the season. With the round 12 bye I'm thinking selwood will have to be an upgrade unless I could dpp/trade to avoid premiums missing (I have him at the moment).

I see the most value in selwood at the moment but at the end of the day it all comes down to structure/nab cup/pre-season happenings.

Cast your votes...

Colliwobblers

I know I should vote safe and go Selwood, but honestly I just have this nagging feeling that won't go away that says Rocky will crack a 120 avg this season. I don't have any of the three you have listed, with thompsons easy draw and same bye as rocky at the moment i have him with ablett  on round 13, and i don't have selwood because i have swan and barlow on the round 12 bye. Murphy is on 13 and that makes him attractive but so does his ability and the way he finished last year was very encouaging.

I say you can't go wrong with any of the 3 but talking averages for the season 1.Rocky 2.Jelly, 3.Murph..

the raven

Selwood's round 12 bye makes things awkward with the likes of collingwood, fremantle, essendon and sydney to an extent. I'd really like to fit him in but looks like I might have to drop him. Thompson could be a sneaky pick i suppose. Ive considered him but not yet sold on him.

popedelio

hope this player comparison will give you a good idea

Joel Selwood $540,600
avg: 114.2 sd: 25 (rd 1 sub affected game removed)
        season high of 178
        had a delicious run of scores from rd 5-10 with an avg: 123.4 and sd:6.6

Tom Rockliff $554,200
avg: 114.8 sd: 16.9 (rd 9 sub affected game removed)
        season high of 151
        The most consistent player of the three
        from rd 14-24 he scored a low of 110 with an avg: 122.4 and sd: 12.89

Marc Murphy $551,300
avg: 111.45 sd: 17.9
        season high of 145
        Played all 22 games
        Consistent
        rd 9-14 was his purple patch with an avg: 126.67 and sd: 10.13

Overall it really doesn't matter who you choose, all players are premiums and will perform. It is too unpredictable to choose a player that will perform better, though based on last year stats you just can't ignore rockys 10 straight games of dominance in the 2nd half of the season, though Selwood is better value being 14k cheaper

Colliwobblers

Capper

my only worry about selwood is that he will duck his head once too often and be KO'ed for weeks

picker_man

selwood should only rise in price hes undervalued, so you can have him as an upgrade target but he'll cost you more later on in the season

the raven

@ popedelio

thank you for this valuable information. One thing I looked at was the players ceiling. Selwoods a little higher. I just wonder if rockliff will be able to maintain his form and build on last year. His last 10 or so games he promised so much but can he replicate this. This is the main question I keep asking myself.

I suppose I will have to look at the draws of these players as well as the bye structure. I doubt I can fit in selwood coz of his bye round and rockliffs cost may put him only just out of reach.

popedelio

Quote from: the raven on January 17, 2012, 07:59:21 PM
@ popedelio

thank you for this valuable information. One thing I looked at was the players ceiling. Selwoods a little higher. I just wonder if rockliff will be able to maintain his form and build on last year. His last 10 or so games he promised so much but can he replicate this. This is the main question I keep asking myself.

I suppose I will have to look at the draws of these players as well as the bye structure. I doubt I can fit in selwood coz of his bye round and rockliffs cost may put him only just out of reach.

No problem

I reckon Rockliff cannot replicate the form he had in those last few rounds, but he should still avg 110ppg (which will still be a top 6 midfield average). I would still pick him because of his rd 11 bye, at the moment he doesn't fit into my team but he will be with no doubt my rd 12 upgrade

Colliwobblers

popedilio your thoughts on thompson over rockliffe or is that who you have?

Sorry off-topic a little. But still leads to why you would pick one or the other of the players in the thread....

elephants

Rockliff for me. Lovin' the stats there Pop keep it up!

the raven

I should have included thompson in the poll as he has an easy draw and is cheaper. With thompson, before last year in DT terms he was pretty much a "nobody". avg of 99, 99, 97 and 95 (while very consistent would not have cut it when there were other elite options outscoring him).

I'd like to fit in selwood but his bye is poorly timed.

elephants

Quote from: the raven on January 18, 2012, 02:52:17 AM
I should have included thompson in the poll as he has an easy draw and is cheaper. With thompson, before last year in DT terms he was pretty much a "nobody". avg of 99, 99, 97 and 95 (while very consistent would not have cut it when there were other elite options outscoring him).

I'd like to fit in selwood but his bye is poorly timed.
For me it is Rocky vs Thompson as 3rd mid. I see Rocky as more likely to be in the top 6 mids come years end so I think I'll be going with him.

popedelio

Quote from: Colliwobblers on January 18, 2012, 02:14:37 AM
popedilio your thoughts on thompson over rockliffe or is that who you have?

Sorry off-topic a little. But still leads to why you would pick one or the other of the players in the thread....

first point it is popedelio ;)

Scott Thompson $538,500
avg: 108.5 sd: 26.2
        season high of 154
        never had a purple patch, only stringed 2/3 games together then tapered off in the next game with a par game

Personally I can't see Scotty backing up his 2011 season, due to fact of the potential rise of VB with Sloane and co. I can only project him getting a avg of 100 ppg and would select Rockliff over him.

Lastly I don't have any of the players, but after rds 13 will be aiming to have rockliff, selwood and murphy in my side

amazingly you guys have ignored Priddis, a.k.a. Stat Whore, finished the second half of the season strongly. Another rd 11 premium to chuck on the watchlist for your rd 1 opening squad :)

Windigo

Still think you can get away with not picking Selwood if you choose Rock or Redden.