The ultimate question for 2012

Started by starz, January 16, 2012, 11:14:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

starz

In terms of team structure what's better for guns and rooks for me.

Start a rook in the rucks eg. Giles and premium in the back

Or start a second premium in the rucks  and another rookie in the backs which would equate to three rookies in the back.

kilbluff1985

Start another rookie in defense they will usually score better the ruck rookies do and it's easier for a defense rookie to get a game then it is for a rookie ruckman and the right prem ruck will average more then a prem defender make sense? lol

CuStArDaRm

Colliwobblers

yeah back for me too, i would not risk the premium rook - rook rook ruck strategy, it is guaranteed to cost you points.

dual premium ruck and as many rooks as need be up back. rooks are best in mid/fwd/back/ruck respectively as previously stated

itchytradefinger

Don't be seduced by one good season from one rookie ruck (Zac Smith)

rebird

Quote from: itchytradefinger on January 17, 2012, 09:32:11 AM
Don't be seduced by one good season from one rookie ruck (Zac Smith)

Although there appears to be be two good rookie ruck prospects in Giles and Stephenson.

Hippo

Generally rookie rucks score less the rookie backs BUT 1st rucks score more than rookie backs and equal too the best rookie mids!

so dont look at it as rookie ruck vs rookie back, look at it as

1st ruckman vs rookie back

that is why Smith did so well! how many other rookies started as 1st ruck!!!?

itchytradefinger

Two rookie rucks makes it even harder; which one do you choose? This is definitely an issue causing lots of debate which is terrific. At least coaches will have different ruck combinations, whereas everyone will have Goddard, Deledio, Franklin etc. I'm still sold on the idea of 2 gun rucks. They can score like mids. Didn't L'berger average 130 towards the end of last season? No rookie rucks gonna do that. 2 gun rucks = set and forget.

Colliwobblers

Quote from: itchytradefinger on January 17, 2012, 03:03:41 PM
Two rookie rucks makes it even harder; which one do you choose? This is definitely an issue causing lots of debate which is terrific. At least coaches will have different ruck combinations, whereas everyone will have Goddard, Deledio, Franklin etc. I'm still sold on the idea of 2 gun rucks. They can score like mids. Didn't L'berger average 130 towards the end of last season? No rookie rucks gonna do that. 2 gun rucks = set and forget.

+1

Scrads

Id hardly call this the 'ultimate question of 2012'  :P

But FWIW, I think its almost impossible to tell who the best ruck out of cox, sandi, mcevoy, goldy, jacobs, mummy, leuy will be next year, so id pick one (and hope they are at least top 4) then upgrade to the best one mid season.

In your backs its way easier to pick someone who is say, a top 10 back.

crumpetjack

Quote from: Scrads on January 19, 2012, 12:58:13 AM
Id hardly call this the 'ultimate question of 2012'  :P

But FWIW, I think its almost impossible to tell who the best ruck out of cox, sandi, mcevoy, goldy, jacobs, mummy, leuy will be next year, so id pick one (and hope they are at least top 4) then upgrade to the best one mid season.

In your backs its way easier to pick someone who is say, a top 10 back.

Agree with you Scrads.

I don't want to pick two premium rucks only for them to turn up oustide top 5 at year end.

Kuruki

Quote from: starz on January 16, 2012, 11:14:00 PM
In terms of team structure what's better for guns and rooks for me.

Start a rook in the rucks eg. Giles and premium in the back

Or start a second premium in the rucks  and another rookie in the backs which would equate to three rookies in the back.

If u mean starting 3 rookies in the back which im guessing means you will have 5 rookies all up in your backline, i would deff go with the rookie in the ruck. Why? Because someone like Giles is going to play. Stephensen will also play plenty of games. If you have to rely on 3 out of 5 back rooks playing every week, that's risky as hell.