Feedback appreciated

Started by Mortibacio, January 16, 2012, 09:00:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mortibacio

TEAM NAME: Collywobblers
DEF: B. Goddard, A. Carrazzo, B. Deledio, M. Johnson, T. Mohr, S. Morris, B. Smedts (N. Blee, B. Wilkes)
MID: D. Swan, S. Pendlebury, G. Ablett jnr, M. Priddis, L. Hayes, A. Morabito (K. Horsely, J. McDonald)
RUC: B. McEvoy, Z. Smith (J. Giles, O. Stephenson)
FWD: L. Franklin, D. Beams, N. Riewoldt, J. Brown, J. Koschitzke, A. Tomlinson, A. Treloar (T. Walsh, D. Zorko)
CASH LEFT: $9,200

I was trying for GnR, but missed a bit. - FP rates it officially as 11/5/5/9.
I haven't ignored the byes, but atm they are 8/8/14, clearly that will be adjusted before R13, but I am preferring to pick the right players to score max points/cash over a few zeros in one week.
All rookies (inc those on Official Rookie lists) are effectively picked as the best for now with NAB cup likely to provide some honest pointers.
One concern I have is that I may have picked a SC team for DT and would appreciate any advice there also

Cheers

upthemaidens

ok firstly i like the set-up ,but not some of the the players(its personal choice so each to their own)
  u have goddard,carrots and delidio sharing a bye
  and buddy,riewoldt and kosi sharing a bye aswell,  so may want to look at that

z.smith is an interesting choice, have looked at him aswell, only in DT though not SC.  in DT this year theres not many stand outs must haves in the ruck.  which i think could be a point of difference in teams and may be a good place to have a unique.

oh and also smith and mcevoy share a bye

Mortibacio

Thanks for the feedback, as you point out the problem with 8/8/14 is virtually 50% have a bye in round 13, my thought is to address that through trading up on rookies before the issue hits.
I had not paired my premiums/key players as you have though so I may need to review a name or two there, probably not the ruck though, I may just carry that role through the break as I really like them both.
Maybe tweak Carrazzo for Broughton and free up some cash.

Again thanks for the insight

popedelio

Quote from: Mortibacio on January 16, 2012, 09:00:12 PM
DEF: B. Goddard, A. Carrazzo, B. Deledio, M. Johnson, T. Mohr, S. Morris, B. Smedts (N. Blee, B. Wilkes)
MID: D. Swan, S. Pendlebury, G. Ablett jnr, M. Priddis, L. Hayes, A. Morabito (K. Horsely, J. McDonald)
FWD: L. Franklin, D. Beams, N. Riewoldt, J. Brown, J. Koschitzke, A. Tomlinson, A. Treloar (T. Walsh, D. Zorko)
CASH LEFT: $9,200

I was trying for GnR, but missed a bit. - FP rates it officially as 11/5/5/9.
I haven't ignored the byes, but atm they are 8/8/14, clearly that will be adjusted before R13, but I am preferring to pick the right players to score max points/cash over a few zeros in one week.
All rookies (inc those on Official Rookie lists) are effectively picked as the best for now with NAB cup likely to provide some honest pointers.
One concern I have is that I may have picked a SC team for DT and would appreciate any advice there also

Cheers
If you want to follow the gun n rookie approach your better off by downgrading Johnson to a rookie, that will give you 200k in the bank whilst the rookie will be averaging the same as Johnson, meaning no points lost. Then spend the 200k on Kosi to the upgrade of your liking. thus leaving you with the structure of 12/3/5/10

You do have to fix up the structure with byes though, doesn't need to be 8/11/11 at rd 1, you just need to do strategic trading throughout the seaons so that by rd 11 your structure is 8/11/11.

Mortibacio

Revised following both replies, may yet swap Kosi back in for Brown depending on pre-season, but get what you meant.
Now showing 12/3/6/9 GNR, and much closer to what I am after, also a slightly better bye shape at 8/10/12

DEF: B. Goddard, C. Enright, B. Deledio, M. Clarke, T. Mohr, S. Morris, B. Smedts (N. Blee, B. Wilkes)
FWD: L. Franklin, D. Beams, R. O'Keefe, N. Riewoldt, J. Brown, A. Tomlinson, A. Treloar (T. Walsh, D. Zorko)
CASH LEFT: $24,900

Cheers!

upthemaidens

Quote from: Mortibacio on January 16, 2012, 10:47:11 PM
Thanks for the feedback, as you point out the problem with 8/8/14 is virtually 50% have a bye in round 13, my thought is to address that through trading up on rookies before the issue hits.
I had not paired my premiums/key players as you have though so I may need to review a name or two there, probably not the ruck though, I may just carry that role through the break as I really like them both.
Maybe tweak Carrazzo for Broughton and free up some cash.

Again thanks for the insight
dont worry to much about how many share the bye, its whom share the bye.
  u dont want more than 2 keepers in the same line on the same bye, if u get my drift. thats why i pointed out them particular players.     also if u are going for league win then it really doesnt matter as much, dropping a game shouldnt be to much of a bourdon

Mortibacio

Excellent point, will review both teams with that thought..

maanco

its an alright team
all though im not sure on Koschitzke, Morabito and Horsely
kosi doest realy have a dt friendly game, morabito is injured and horsely is rookie listed

Mortibacio

I think you are rating the initial team not the modified one?

Kosi has been replaced, unwillingly as I think he will perform 20 pts better this year than last.

Moribito and Horsely are picked as "most likely" atm, but preseason form will play a huge role in the actual rookie/cheapie slot fillers, as I would think is the case in most teams.. Consider Moribito a reasonable bet atm he is running and a likely NAB cup starter, Horsely is simply Rookie # 7, or was it 8 :)

picker_man

If you are going to take the strategy of a strong midfield and something different I have no problems with that but make sure its a strong midfield I.e all guns I dont rate priddis or hayes as guns anymore.

The rest of your team in my opinion is now suffering. Cause you have 3 maybe 4 if you include clarke rookies in the back WAY to many, Rucks are ok but are one of the cheapest options you can have besides going the rook - ruck option but still ok

Forwards o'keefe past it in dt, riewoldt well yeah underpriced but still a risk I had him last year and will never return there again. Brown good option I have him in my team but he's the only player I have who is a midpricer in the forwards, I just think you have to many risky players and you'll be in trouble if half of them dont preform.

Mortibacio

Priddis avg was 105 last year, he is 26/27, he is in a team on the up, what criteria do you use to downgrade him?
Hayes is a risk, but a deliberate one, as are the others you highlight, but you need to take risks and hope they come off to get above the pack in this game, yes?
Agreed the backs are weak, but you can't have that midfield and be strong in all lines, and I pay for it most there.
I love my ruck line, with the exception of Stephenson, my concern with him is game time.
Forward again are a risk positive setup, I have had Brown in and out a few times, along with Kosi, Porp etc, I am confident I can overcome the odd miss.
I do need to review my premiums for the bye splits as I am treating all those spots as keepers, so a tinker is still required.
O'Keefe is a year or 2 younger than Goodes and historically starts much better, he had an insane mid year stretch last year, I can cope with that kind of past it for now :)
Agreed there is risk, but no risk no reward...

picker_man

In regards to priddis you can pay an extra 19k and get a true premium i personally dont think priddis has ever been a premium he did raise his average last year bye 12 points but thats his highest ever output in dt and at 26/27 to me that would be a worry because of the type of setup you are going for with an extra premo in the mids I would want it to be an actual premo minimum 115+,
Stephenson is a ruck you need to stick with you can read a thread on him in the players and trade section which has him touted at playing round one and wanting a to be #1 ruck at geelong so i wouldnt trade him m8
Yeah o'keefe is a unique but is much better suited to sc then dt
Hope it goes well for you and one of the best things about your team is it isnt generic to most you see coming out these days
It was just a bit of food for thought for you m8 :)

Mortibacio

And it's all appreciated, dont get me wrong, people who disagree with me make me look more at myself than those who dont  8)

But Priddis I am keeping  ;)

picker_man

Haha good on ya m8 for your sake I hope i eat my words :-[  for mine sake i hope i dont :P

upthemaidens

well if u go for a 5 premium mid then u have to have a rd.11 bye player, which means pretty much one of either..  priddis,thompson,rockliff or boyd
so no theres no problem with priddis,, i would say however that he is more a SC player, but its personal choice.