Fairly settled at the moment, what do we all think R4R

Started by essendon33, January 16, 2012, 09:49:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

essendon33

Modified -> Updated team as follows:

Backs: Goddard, Shaw, Broughton, Birchall, Lake, Ellis, Spurr (Bugg, Darley)
Mids: Ablett, Selwood, Watson, gaff, Stevens.K, Ledger (Kerridge, Magner)
Rucks: Cox, Mumford (Giles, Redden)
Fwds: Franklin, Fyfe, Martin, Lewis, Porplyzia, Smith.D, Weedon (Hall, Couch.T)
Cash: $47 000

TheMailman

Unless you see Port Adelaide improving a lot this season I would spend money to change Lobbe. If you feel Lobbe is in for a good season then fix Kreuzer. Basically I'm saying fix one of them as Giles should be enough support

ben_020285

Not a bad side but definitely needs some tweaking.

You have too many risks in the one team (Grimes, Lake and Porps). I reckon you need to choose one of them and upgrade the other two.

Rucks need work too. Upgrade one of Kreuzer or Lobbe.

That's where I would spend the extra cash. Hope that helps.

Capper

Hmmm Porps hasnt trained yet, so watch him and update Lobbe to atleast Leuenberger

Nice team but it looks like that you have picked with DPPs in mind

Hippo

Quote from: tabs on January 16, 2012, 03:40:25 PM
Hmmm Porps hasnt trained yet, so watch him and update Lobbe to atleast Leuenberger

Nice team but it looks like that you have picked with DPPs in mind
Hmmm yeah he has:

here are some quotes:

I went to training today and here are a few of my random thoughts
-Porps has incredible ball control and class superior to most of our squad and this has shone through in the 2 sessions I have seen.

"the porps tipps incident was certainly entertaining. what i noticed was that porps doesnt seem to be worried about his shoulder at all. if he did, running towards the biggest guy on the ground in the hope of getting the ball, while the big guy is running backwards towards him, is probably not what he would have been doing. he did it 3 times."

PICCOLLO

I think Porps has been training with midfield group from what others have been saying.

suther

"- Problem with finding rookies is obvious"

doesnt that answer your question about spending all your cash?

TheMailman

Remember Bock won't play the first 2 rounds and Winderlich is coming back from doing his ACL. The only real player to become useful after LARS surgery atm is Nick Malceski and there are like 10 other who have failed

ando_10

i like it i have never rated bock but he had a pretty good year last year. be wary of ya mids for the round 12 bye cause of watson selwood and winderlich and kavanagh ETC.

8/10 though :)

heres mine http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,46880.0.html

Capper

it looks like you have based your team around DPPs so you can swap everyone. Hope it works for you

RedCats

Not a bad looking side.

Not sure about Roo, I have never really rated him as highly as most so that answers why. I'm probably just crazy on that front.

Christensen will get plenty of game time this year. Hopefully he improves a fair bit in his second year at AFL as I have him in my side too. If you're not too sure about him, have a look at one J Brown, I don't think there is much difference between him and Roo, except he is cheaper and will improve in price. Use the extra cash to upgrade Christensen.

Good luck with it!

essendon33

ok im at a point wher ei think the team is settled, well the prems anyways...
One problem with having 3 prems in the fwd line..
Opinions!

Ringo

Buddy/Goodes/Fyfe would be the three I would have first and then martin at F4.

John Flake

Quote from: essendon33 on January 16, 2012, 09:49:02 AM
Modified -> Updated team as follows:

Backs: Goddard, Shaw, Broughton, Birchall, Lake, Ellis, Spurr (Bugg, Darley)
Mids: Ablett, Selwood, Watson, gaff, Stevens.K, Ledger (Kerridge, Magner)
Rucks: Cox, Mumford (Giles, Redden)
Fwds: Franklin, Fyfe, Martin, Lewis, Porplyzia, Smith.D, Weedon (Hall, Couch.T)
Cash: $47 000

Like the backline alot.  Except for Spurr, Smedts is probably a better bet.  Don't think Spurr will play very often.  I personally think there are better options than Watson.  He is consistent, but won't get the bigger scores around 170.  Don't expect Ledger to break into a pretty settled side such as St. Kilda.  Awesome rucks.  Same premiums that I hope to finish with.  Seriously consider dumping Lewis.  Dangerfield is a better choice and about $60k cheaper.

Overall 8/10,

http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,50705.0.html

JimMundy93

Lewis is a different pick but not too bad really
Rucks are simply perfect
Mids are okay gaff good choice
Backs seem solid but you should get smedts