The Australian Open Sweep!

Started by c4v3m4n, January 16, 2012, 03:11:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luigi197

yaya! hope i crack the top 10 8)

FisherSaints

Quote from: c4v3m4n on January 31, 2012, 11:54:59 AM
Howdy everyone!

Sorry for the delay in calculating the winner  ::) and the finishing order, but I'm doing that as I'm posting.

Like for the Melbourne Cup sweep, I'll be doing a LIVE feed HERE as we watch the tournament unfold. :D

The day's play is underway here at Melbourne Park, we have a great day of action for you.

Out on Rod Laver Arena at the moment we have TheMailman and Purple 77, and Purple 77 has taken the first set 6-4. We could be in for a close match there.

In Hisense Arena, Major Lazer has just finished his match against bomberboy0618 in a record 46 minutes. 6-0, 6-0, 6-0. Ouch.

Out at Margaret Court Arena, CrowsFan and Nails is battling it out at the moment. First set in and it's just gone to a tie-breaker!  :o

News coming in from Court 7, pothead has just put in an effortless display against PowerBug, winning 6-1, 6-0, 6-1.

Plenty of close matches down in the smaller courts at the moment, Torpedo10 and McRooster are only at 2-2, ossie85 and j959 are slugging it out having just broken each others serve, score there: 4-4.
I don't get it, what do these mean?

c4v3m4n

Quote from: FisherSaints on January 31, 2012, 12:10:53 PM
Howdy everyone!

Sorry for the delay in calculating the winner  ::) and the finishing order, but I'm doing that as I'm posting.

Like for the Melbourne Cup sweep, I'll be doing a LIVE feed HERE as we watch the tournament unfold. :D

The day's play is underway here at Melbourne Park, we have a great day of action for you.

Out on Rod Laver Arena at the moment we have TheMailman and Purple 77, and Purple 77 has taken the first set 6-4. We could be in for a close match there.

In Hisense Arena, Major Lazer has just finished his match against bomberboy0618 in a record 46 minutes. 6-0, 6-0, 6-0. Ouch.

Out at Margaret Court Arena, CrowsFan and Nails is battling it out at the moment. First set in and it's just gone to a tie-breaker!  :o

News coming in from Court 7, pothead has just put in an effortless display against PowerBug, winning 6-1, 6-0, 6-1.

Plenty of close matches down in the smaller courts at the moment, Torpedo10 and McRooster are only at 2-2, ossie85 and j959 are slugging it out having just broken each others serve, score there: 4-4.
I don't get it, what do these mean?

FisherSaints, it's just a fun little way of displaying results as they come to hand. For example, I had just added the men's singles points together, Major Lazer had gotten 2315 points, compared to BB's 105 points.

I did the same thing for the Melbourne Cup results.

Quote from: Purple 77 on January 31, 2012, 12:18:33 PM
Big winners so far: MajorLazer, pothead, Purple 77, hawka.

Your kidding right?

Oh wait, thats in the mens singles........

Yeah P77. I'm doing them one group at a time.  ;) You were coming 4th after I tallied up the men's singles.

CrowsFan

Well at least I got knocked out by the eventual champ fletch ;)

PowerBug

Errr, 6-1 , 6-0 , 6-1. Pretty disappointing.

BGK

I hope I finally win that match over you HP. Hahaha.

c4v3m4n

The Final Leaderboard

Coming in at equal 29th place is...

Boomz and monty on 665 points. Both had unfortunate luck with players, though they did manage to get one pair to the Round of 16.

After coming in last place for most of the competition, to be saved by Vania King and Yaroslava Shvedova in the women's doubles at the death and finish in 28th place is...

Torpedo10 who finishes on 680 points. Good to see you've recovered after coping Fletch's monster serve to the face. ;) ;D

Now we had two players finish on the same amount of points, but were seperated on countback. (one member had two 180s, the other had only one 180). Coming in at 27th place is...

My Chumps on 730 points. If only Lukasz Kubot could have won his first round match... :P

Now, after 25 hours and 22 minutes, the HP-BGK match is finally over. It was a truly amazing game that I can't see being repeated again in the history of tennis. After reaching 186-186 in the fifth set, only player then won the next 8 points in a row to finally conquer the other. The unfortunate loser of that match and coming in at 26th place is...

Hellopplz on 730 points.

There is only one way to describe the next player who came in at 25th place, he's simply just as "tough as nails". ::)

Yes, it's Nails and he finished on 750 points.

23rd and 24th place saw another countback on points. One lucky entrant had a player to go the quarter-final, the other didn't, therefore he is ahead.

Coming in at 24th place, he unfortunately in this game doesn't have "the power to win", it's...

PowerBug who finished on 820 points.

The man who was warned by the umpires on several occasions for bad language and comes in at 23rd place...

FARK (previously known as The FARK Academy) who finished on 820 points also.

Coming in at 22nd place and finishing on 890 points...it's the man with a near-newborn child...

DazBurg!

21st place this year went to the player who couldn't quite get his footing right, you might even say he had some 'wobbles' from time to time.

Finishing on 910 points it's Colliwobblers!

Finishing in 20th place this year with 955 points it's the Roos fan from the West...

Holzman!

Coming in 19th place, a member who always tells us to mind our P's and Q's...it's

Master Q who finishes on 980 points!

Next in 18th place, it's the eventual winner of the epic HP-BGK match...

BGK who finished on 1000 points after a very strong finish in the women's doubles.

17th place saw our second tie, these two entrants just could not be split even after a countback!

Finishing on 1050 points each, its TheMailman and CrowsFan!

Coming in 16th place by the smallest of margins, just 5 points....

...it's your esteemed sweep creator, c4v3m4n who finished on 1095 points.

The man who just beat me and finished in 15th place, it's Mario's brother from the same mother...

Luigi197 who finished on 1100 points.

Amazingly, 14th and 13th place were also separated by just 5 points. :o

The unfortunate entrant who was just pipped and comes in at 14th place, is the bright and colourful...

...Purple 77 who finished on 1220 points. That string of 6 straight 20 points didn't help I suppose.  :P

Coming in 13th place, I say, 13th place, is the man who tells us all to "Stay Premium", that is.

Yep, it's McRooster and he finishes on 1225 points.

12th place goes to the biggest Dave Grohl in the entire competition...

hawka who managed 1250 points.

Just missing out on a top 10 finish by just 45 points and coming in at 11th place, its the founder of the W15 competition...

ossie85 who finished with 1300 points.

TOP 10 time!

Congratulations to the next 11  ;) entrants who finished in the top 10.

Be sure you don't give our next entrant a gas can and some matches, this man's a maniac!

Yes, it's pyronerd who finishes in 10th place on 1345 points. Well done.

Coming in at 9th place, its the man who came 3rd in the Tool of the Year comp for managing to lock himself out of his own account...

Its the member formerly known as Zarts....

Ziplock! He finished on 1380 points. Well done.

Coming in 8th place, it's the man who loves a good rant or two...

j959 who finished on 1405 points. Nice work.

7th place goes to the only member who will never quite grow up into a man...its...

bomberboy0618 who finished with 1430 points. Great effort.

Just missing out on a top 5 finish, the next entrant who finished in 6th place is....

FisherSaints who finsihed with a respectable 1635 points. Nice going.

TOP 5 time!

A big round of applause for these next entrants who managed a top 5 finish.

Amazingly, the next two entrants were seperated by just 20 points. Just one round difference.  :o

Coming in at 5th place with a healthy 1710 points, thanks mostly to a runners up ;) is...

Dudge! Superb effort.

Coming in 4th place, it's the biggest hippy on FF, the one and only...

pothead! He managed to somehow kick the habit for the tournament and finish with a great score of 1730 points. Awesome work.

Were getting into the final 3 spots now...

Coming in 3rd place, he's the star formerly known as Richard Starkey....its...

Ringo! He finished with 1845 points! Stella effort.

Now for second place. I had to check this over and over again, cause at first and even the second time, I didn't believe it.

It is a tie.  :o :o

There is no way to seperate these two entrants. Both managed to score a win, both managed scored a quarter-finalist, a round of 16 player, two round of 32 players/pairs, 5 round of 64 players/pairs and just two round of 128 players. Amazing.

Coming in equal 2nd place with 2985 points is....

MajorLazer and Cookie Monster!

Now for the winner.

Who would have thought that we'd see one entrant with two players competing for the women's final. Not only that but this entrant also managed to win the men's doubles too, as an unranked pair!!

With 2 titles wins, a runners up, and round of 16 pair, 3 round of 32 players, 3 round of 64 players/pairs and 2 round of 128 players...

The 2012 Australian Open Sweep winner...

Fletch74 with an amazing 5825 points!!

Here's your trophy. I'll get it properly engraved some other time.  :P

A big round of applause for all our entrants.

Thank you all very much for competing and I hope to see you all back for the next sweep, whatever that is.  :P

ossie85

I'm doing much better than I thought...

Boomz

At least I came 30th with m0nty... :P

j959

Quote from: ossie85 on January 31, 2012, 02:13:23 PM

I'm doing much better than I thought...
yeah, at least not last place ...  ;)

ossie85

Why only 30, wasn't there 32 in the comp?

Fletch74

Quote from: ossie85 on January 31, 2012, 02:38:09 PM
Why only 30, wasn't there 32 in the comp?
Lol... I think that might account for the ties ;)

ossie85

Ah, I see, you're doing the 'if it's a tie', the next person comes 2nd.

c4v3m4n

Quote from: ossie85 on January 31, 2012, 02:39:38 PM

In the eventuality that two entrants finish on the same amount of points, there is a countback in place. If one entant had a player finish higher in one of the comps, then they will finish ahead.

For example, FARK and PowerBug finished on 820 points each. But because FARK managed to get one player into the quarter-finals and PowerBug didn't, then FARK finishes ahead.

However, in the instance of Boomz and m0nty, both had identical scores and couldn't be seperated so they finished equal 29th.

But yes, with 32 entrants, and last being equal 29th, there is still one more tie to come... :o :o

ossie85

Quote from: c4v3m4n on January 31, 2012, 02:54:12 PM
Quote from: ossie85 on January 31, 2012, 02:39:38 PM

In the eventuality that two entrants finish on the same amount of points, there is a countback in place. If one entant had a player finish higher in one of the comps, then they will finish ahead.

For example, FARK and PowerBug finished on 820 points each. But because FARK managed to get one player into the quarter-finals and PowerBug didn't, then FARK finishes ahead.

However, in the instance of Boomz and m0nty, both had identical scores and couldn't be seperated so they finished equal 29th.

But yes, with 32 entrants, and last being equal 29th, there is still one more tie to come... :o :o

Very happy with 11th, and you're doing an outstanding job c4!

I always work with the system, that say if it is:

Jimmy (16 points)
Tim (15 points)
Sam (14 points)
John (14 points)
Barry (13 points)

That Jimmy would be 1st, Tim 2nd, Sam and John equal 3rd, and Barry would be FIFTH not fourth, because there are 4 people above him :)