Started by c4v3m4n, January 16, 2012, 03:11:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dudge

Well done Fletch u romped it in mate by the sounds of it

Fletch74

Thats at least 4,400 points not including early round losers :D

I got lucky :)

TheMailman

Well I'm happy that Nishikori probably saved me from being in the bottom couple  ;D

c4v3m4n

Congrats to Cookie Monster for winning the women's doubles! :D

Luigi197

I think i'm done with 900 points... i think

Torpedo10

I've got 660 points :-\ which I know is probably last.  :P

TheMailman

Well I finished on 1,050 which looks like it's somewhere in the middle

Windigo

Bryan brother's lost!  ;D

.....Any one think Stepanek & Paes are an 'item.'  :P

Fletch74

I'm done with 5,825 points, I think :D

BGK

Quote from: Fletch74 on January 29, 2012, 04:51:59 PM
I'm done with 5,825 points, I think :D

Only a small lead over me. I finished on 1000. Congrats Fletch

Dudge

1710 for me i think--- just couldn't quite get my serve going d@mm!!!!!!

TheMailman

Looks like most got around the 800-1500 mark  :)

PowerBug

Quote from: Windigo on January 29, 2012, 02:14:04 PM
Bryan brother's lost!  ;D

.....Any one think Stepanek & Paes are an 'item.'  :P
Ahhhhh no. :P Stepanek was very happy to win his first Grand Slam. :)

Ziplock

c4v3m4n

Howdy everyone!

Sorry for the delay in calculating the winner  ::) and the finishing order, but I'm doing that as I'm posting.

Like for the Melbourne Cup sweep, I'll be doing a LIVE feed HERE as we watch the tournament unfold. :D

The day's play is underway here at Melbourne Park, we have a great day of action for you.

Out on Rod Laver Arena at the moment we have TheMailman and Purple 77, and Purple 77 has taken the first set 6-4. We could be in for a close match there.

In Hisense Arena, Major Lazer has just finished his match against bomberboy0618 in a record 46 minutes. 6-0, 6-0, 6-0. Ouch.

Out at Margaret Court Arena, CrowsFan and Nails is battling it out at the moment. First set in and it's just gone to a tie-breaker!  :o

News coming in from Court 7, pothead has just put in an effortless display against PowerBug, winning 6-1, 6-0, 6-1.

Plenty of close matches down in the smaller courts at the moment, Torpedo10 and McRooster are only at 2-2, ossie85 and j959 are slugging it out having just broken each others serve, score there: 4-4.

The first days (Men's Singles competition results have been tallied) play has been completed.

Big winners so far: MajorLazer, pothead, Purple 77, hawka.

Welcome all to review of the second day's play.

After an amazing 10 hours and 46 minutes, a match that ran over two days, ossie85 defeated j959, 45-47 in the fifth set. That match will never be forgotten, impressive stuff. Second longest match in history, just behind the amazing Isner-Mahut match in the 2010 Wimbleton Championships.

It also seems like we have had our first casualty of the tournament. The big serving Fletch74 was serving to Torpedo10, the ball reared up off the court and hit Torps in the face, knocking him out. The serve was also the fifth fastest in the history of tennis, clocked at 243 km/h. :o Our thoughts are with Torpedo10 at the moment and we hope he has a speedy recovery.

There were many close matches again today, in fact there is still one going on at the moment! Hellopplz and BGK are locked in an intense battle, the current score 6-7, 7-6, 7-6, 5-7, 9-9. This match has creeped into 6 hours and counting.

Purple 77, the big winner from yesterday really struggled for some form today, going down in straight sets to pyronerd 6-3, 7-6, 6-4.

Big winners from today (after tallying the womens singles): Fletch74, bomberboy0618, McRooster, c4v3m4n.

Hey everyone, welcome to the review of the third day's play. We are getting close to the end of the tournament as the race for trophy begins to thin out.

It seems like no-one will be able to stop Fletch74, as he ran right over the top of the #1 seed (winner of Melb Cup sweep ;) ) CrowsFan in straight sets.

The HP-BGK match is still going, eclipsing not only the ossie85-j959 match, but the Isner-Mahut match too! After 17 hours and 45 minutes, there is still no winner! 116-116 in the fifth set, both players are so exhausted but want to keep going to get a result! Amazing!

Hawka, the big winner for the first day was locked in a fierce battle with Ziplock for most of the day, but hawka just winning in a fifth set tie breaker. The result there: 7-6, 7-5, 6-7, 6-3, 7-6.

Holzman defeated DazBurg in four sets 6-3, 4-6, 7-5, 6-4.

FisherSaints managed to scrap home in a close victory against Master Q, beating him 6-4 in the fifth set.

Dudge had no problems defeating c4v3m4n today, winning comfortably in three sets, 6-4, 6-4, 6-3.

Big winners today (after tallying the men's doubles): Flecth74, Dudge, j959, Ziplock.

The final day's play is upon us...

...who will win? Who will be the unlucky loser?

The results have been tallied! I'll be starting in reverse order in just one moment.