Zaharakis - update page 4

Started by Football Factory, January 15, 2012, 05:22:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Football Factory

Zaharakis....dont like the sound of this knee tendinitis

Zaharakis played every game last year despite knee tendinitis which left him unable to run for three days after each match day. The injury has also affected his pre-season. He spent most of November lifting weights, and only hit the track to test out his knee in December. Even with the rehab-focused running, he pronounced himself sorer than he had been in any of his previous three years at the club. With Hocking and Watson both back on the park, Dream Team coaches will also need to consider whether Zaharakis is likely to spend as much time in the middle as he did in the back half of 2011.

http://www.bigpondsport.com/dream-team-builder-david-zaharakis/tabid/91/newsid/82816/default.aspx

Colliwobblers

:o Stop the bus , I'm getting off!!! No not yet but I'll want to see and hear a lot more now for a player that was a lock to hold his place, tragic, but someone did tell me so several times on this site.....

Football Factory

Quote from: Colliwobblers on January 15, 2012, 05:26:58 PM
:o Stop he bus , I'm getting off!!! No not yet but I'll want to see and hear a lot more now for a player that was a lock to hold his place, tragic, but someone did tell me so several times on this site.....
I cant believe i didnt know anything about this ...didnt have him last year but still im a bombers supporter you would think i would know something like that  :o

Football Factory

Whats annoying about the article is they talk him up so well and then they finish it off with that...its like giving a little kid an icecream and then slapping it out of his hand and rubbing it into the dirt   :(

picker_man

Quote from: FOOTBALL FACTORY on January 15, 2012, 05:38:11 PM
Whats annoying about the article is they talk him up so well and then they finish it off with that...its like giving a little kid an icecream and then slapping it out of his hand and rubbing it into the dirt   :(
LMFAO!! But now ive finshed imagening rubbing the ice cream into the dirt im back to what the hell to do with zaka now :-\ . He played through it last year and no one could tell, but will it catch up to him eventually?? Does the last few lines over ride the whole article, damn this will be a hard one what are you guys thinking

Colliwobblers

they reckon the light pre-season will have done him the world of good and he will be right for the season opener, also didn't bother the coach having the others back still left zaka in the midfield.

Unless I hear he is sketchy for the season and has to be nursed I'll be on him, He is young and fit and has bulked up so he should be better than last year by all reports and by all expectations, i just dont see a better option at his price.

CuStArDaRm

Having Struggled myself with Knee "tendinopathy" (Tendinitis does not exist anymore you would think the idiot who wrote the article would know that but anyway...)

There is no way I would pick him, lost some pace and particularly endurance from it and it does not go away unless you have complete rest.
He can play through it but he will be open to further injury. personally Im off the band wagon now if he still is having issues at present

ronl

I'm Essendon thru and thru and watched every game last year closely.  I didn't admit it then and I hate to admit it now , but Zaka, well, he's just not the whole enchilada. Something was wrong.  He's missing that little bit of quickness and his finishing often lets him down. I wouldn't take a chance on him this year.

Football Factory

Quote from: CuStArDaRm on January 15, 2012, 06:27:36 PM
Having Struggled myself with Knee "tendinopathy" (Tendinitis does not exist anymore you would think the idiot who wrote the article would know that but anyway...)

There is no way I would pick him, lost some pace and particularly endurance from it and it does not go away unless you have complete rest.
He can play through it but he will be open to further injury. personally Im off the band wagon now if he still is having issues at present
Maybe Dr Dreamteam wrote it  ;D

Ziplock

picker_man

It didnt seem to slow him down through out the season, he averaged 77.6 in the first half of season and 101.5 in the second.
When Watson was out of the team for a total of 7 rounds he averaged 83 and when hocking was out for 4 rounds he averaged 81. He only toned it up twice with watson out and once with hocking out but had 9 tons through out the year. Finishing the season with a average of 89.6 it shows he scored better with them both in the team feeding the ball out to him (hope that makes sence) :P
For now I am going to stick with him as this shows he can rack up points with watson and hocking in the team and he can handle a full season with the knee problems, I also dont see any other options around his price range i want.

Ziplock

Robinson, Sidebottom, Martin

to name a couple of generic players around his price range that are legit options in the forward line

picker_man

Quote from: Ziplock on January 15, 2012, 07:31:51 PM
Robinson, Sidebottom, Martin

to name a couple of generic players around his price range that are legit options in the forward line
Yeah I have martin and sidebottom and only 7,700 in the bank
fwds franklin, martin, zaka, sidey, brown,rooks
I reckon robinson is more injury proned then zaka, he just goes head first  :P  so wont be gettin him

Windigo

Not that big of a deal. Plenty of other options.

CuStArDaRm

Quote from: Ziplock on January 15, 2012, 07:17:24 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tendinitis
Lol, trust me it's better described as opathy then itis. I'm in the field well aware of what tendinitis means. But it is no longer valid