Who's your captain

Started by nichsa673, January 14, 2012, 01:32:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nichsa673

Barring injury of the top players, who will you pick as your round 1 captain, and will you take advantage of the vice-captaincy loophole for Goodes against GWS?

Jervz999

You have to take advantage of the loophole. Gazza will by my skipper or Selwood.

dmac07

Gaj or swan from my team. Dont have any premiums from sydney or gws though so the loophole may have to be used on a rookie

CuStArDaRm

Speculator

Don't you need to have a non playing player on the ground as your captain to utilize the loophole. Can someone explain how it can be used without a non starter selected as your captain?

dunnie

The loophole only works if you can nominate a player as captain whom will get a zero in round 1. So the question is, are you going to pick a player in round 1 who gets a zero?

Speculator

No. Exactly. There has been so much talk of captains loophole but it can't be used unless you pick someone who is not playing in rd1 as your captain. Seems like a big price to pay.

Ringo

Quote from: Speculator on January 14, 2012, 01:31:04 PM
No. Exactly. There has been so much talk of captains loophole but it can't be used unless you pick someone who is not playing in rd1 as your captain. Seems like a big price to pay.
guys just to explain and I did this once last year say you select Goodes as Captain and he scores 130 points and you are happy and can not see your other options for Captain scoring 130 you just do not nominate a Captain at all in the partial lockout and Goodes scores automatically becomes your Captains score for the week.

Ringo

All the more reason to lock GAJ in as Captain\

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/afl/new-dawn-for-primed-gold-coast-suns-star-gary-ablett/story-e6frepf6-1226243993661

"GARY Ablett is physically primed to reclaim his title as the AFL's most dominant midfield force this season.
The Gold Coast captain has enjoyed a flawless pre-season, overcoming groin troubles that dogged him last pre-season."

Purple 77

In GAJ we trust!
Mr Reliable. Even against the best.

jimmytigs

im hearing the loophole will be no longer,but i will probably stick with swan,maybe switching to gaj where i see fit

Colliwobblers

Quote from: Ringo on January 14, 2012, 05:18:53 PM
Quote from: Speculator on January 14, 2012, 01:31:04 PM
guys just to explain and I did this once last year say you select Goodes as Captain and he scores 130 points and you are happy and can not see your other options for Captain scoring 130 you just do not nominate a Captain at all in the partial lockout and Goodes scores automatically becomes your Captains score for the week.

Correction.

The partial lockout vice captain loophole works like this

In round one you have never selected a captain so it's easy you don't select a captain you just select good essay as VICE Captain and no captain, if gooses say scores 145 you leave it like that and since you have no captain selected you get gooses score as your captains score.

If he scores 80, you select swan say as your captain after the Sydney gws game and you will get whatever swan scores as your captains score.

The same applies to other partial lockout rounds except you will have selected a captain by now so what you have to do is pick a player from the first games as vice captain and a player who will not play as captain, this way the player you have as captain doesnt count and you get the vice captain score for your captain score. Once again if you are not happy with the vc score you change your captain from the non playing player to your choice of captain during the opening between partial lockout.

This was easier last season with all the byes every round you could easily pick a false captain not playing, this year you just have tochave. Player not listed in teams to be able to use the loophole.

Hope this makes sense.

charliesheen

Ablett loves tearing up Adelaide.

Colliwobblers

Yeah sorry forgot to say I will not have a vice captain loopholecchoice I will becgoing ablett forvround 1 captain just over swan.

SAMCRO