Extreme Guns & Rookies

Started by hally25547, January 13, 2012, 11:49:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hally25547

Hey everyone,

Here is my 2012 first draft team. If you could just post a few comments on it that would be greatly appreciated.

TEAM NAME: Hall of Fame
DEF: B. Goddard, H. Shaw, B. Deledio, D. Heppell, S. Docherty, B. Ellis, M. Clarke (B. Smedts, S. Morris)
MID: S. Pendlebury, G. Ablett jnr, S. Thompson, M. Barlow, A. Miles, T. Mitchell (D. Shiel, D. Zorko)
RUC: A. Sandilands, M. Leuenberger (J. Giles, O. Stephenson)
FWD: L. Franklin, N. Fyfe, D. Zaharakis, D. Martin, J. Brown, J. Porplyzia, A. Saad (A. Treloar, S. Rowe)
CASH LEFT: $7,400

Thanks

Colliwobblers

Quote from: hally25547 on January 13, 2012, 11:49:52 PM
Hey everyone,

Here is my 2012 first draft team. If you could just post a few comments on it that would be greatly appreciated.

TEAM NAME: Hall of Fame
DEF: B. Goddard, H. Shaw, B. Deledio, D. Heppell, S. Docherty, B. Ellis, M. Clarke (B. Smedts, S. Morris)
MID: S. Pendlebury, G. Ablett jnr, S. Thompson, M. Barlow, A. Miles, T. Mitchell (D. Shiel, D. Zorko)
RUC: A. Sandilands, M. Leuenberger (J. Giles, O. Stephenson)
FWD: L. Franklin, N. Fyfe, D. Zaharakis, D. Martin, J. Brown, J. Porplyzia, A. Saad (A. Treloar, S. Rowe)
CASH LEFT: $7,400

No comments necessary great solid balanced side. Sorry not to say much but you have gone and nailed it first go

Thanks

popedelio

great team, though make sure the players you start with do have solid preseasons, both Docherty and Fyfe have been in rehab groups, especially Docherty. With him being a first year player that had surgery, can't see him providing many points compared to other potential cash cow defenders.

Andrew

My only comments:

OUT Shaw IN Grimes
OUT Fyfe IN Goodes/Robinson

I also wouldn't go Franklin but I won't mount a case against him!

hally25547

Quote from: popedelio on January 14, 2012, 04:27:24 AM
great team, though make sure the players you start with do have solid preseasons, both Docherty and Fyfe have been in rehab groups, especially Docherty. With him being a first year player that had surgery, can't see him providing many points compared to other potential cash cow defenders.

Thanks, I knew Fyfe had an injury cloud but i hadn't heard about docherty. Any good backline rookie replacements?

popedelio

Quote from: hally25547 on January 14, 2012, 10:54:23 AM
Quote from: popedelio on January 14, 2012, 04:27:24 AM

Thanks, I knew Fyfe had an injury cloud but i hadn't heard about docherty. Any good backline rookie replacements?
http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/127849/default.aspx
now don't be completely turned off by him, I just wanted you to know that he had surgery and has had an underdone season. Most players early and possibly most of their season don't perform, Docherty is only a rookie and may struggle for fitness in his first season.

I'm not going to give you any replacements for rookies atm, wait for NAB form and make some selections from there.

hally25547

Hey everyone,

I was experimenting a few different strategies on the fan planner and came up with this guns and rookies squad and I am semi-considering using it as my team. What are everyones thoughts on my team and more importantly the strategy behind it. I have plenty of cash in the bank for upgrading as well.

TEAM NAME: Hall of Fame 3.0
DEF: B. Goddard, H. Shaw, B. Deledio, D. Heppell, T. Mohr, L. Spurr, B. Ellis (L. Brown, B. Wilkes)
MID: S. Pendlebury, G. Ablett jnr, T. Rockliff, J. Selwood, S. Thompson, K. Horsely (D. Shiel, D. Zorko)
RUC: M. Leuenberger, J. Giles (S. Rowe, O. Stephenson)
FWD: L. Franklin, N. Fyfe, D. Zaharakis, D. Martin, T. Milera, A. Treloar, T. Walsh (D. Pfeiffer, T. Couch)
CASH LEFT: $175,600

Thanks

Colliwobblers

i like the team except i wouldnt sleep at night with that ruck, me i would take one premo out of the midfield and put it in the ruck, but will it mak any difference score wise, maybe a bit becasue a rookie mid should score a fair bit more than a rookie ruck, so yeah that s what i would do but nice team, it would be lovely to be unique but most likely it would also cost you points on the field, just like i think that ruck strategy will.

Otherwise great picks solid side good luck in 2012

picker_man

its an interesting strategy but if you going for that one you defiantly want swan in there to start with and will be hard to do with only 1 mid upgrade option left plus you wouldnt want him in too late and with the byes you would have 3 guns out rd 12 so i would persoanly upgrade pendles to him.
Your going to loose alot of points around the rest of the ground as yr forwards and backs have 3 rookies on the field and they wont score as good as the mid rookies will so wont make as much money for. If you go with this strategy try get marty clarke in ur backline of a mid price player like lake, armstrong ect to strengthen it a lil.
Your fwd rookies need work have alot at the nab cup but

Football Factory

Quote from: hally25547 on January 21, 2012, 11:46:23 PM
Hey everyone,

I was experimenting a few different strategies on the fan planner and came up with this guns and rookies squad and I am semi-considering using it as my team. What are everyones thoughts on my team and more importantly the strategy behind it. I have plenty of cash in the bank for upgrading as well.

DEF: B. Goddard, H. Shaw, B. Deledio, D. Heppell, T. Mohr, L. Spurr, B. Ellis (L. Brown, B. Wilkes)
MID: S. Pendlebury, G. Ablett jnr, T. Rockliff, J. Selwood, S. Thompson, K. Horsely (D. Shiel, D. Zorko)
FWD: L. Franklin, N. Fyfe, D. Zaharakis, D. Martin, T. Milera, A. Treloar, T. Walsh (D. Pfeiffer, T. Couch)

Thanks
Midfield is a great area to make make cash lots of high scoring rooks. If you were looking at a guns and rookie strategy imo i would have no more than 4 premiums in the midfield and look to have a stronger 5th back or 5th forward or even another premium ruck. Apart from that i like your choices of premiums and rooks.

Kuruki

Quote from: hally25547 on January 21, 2012, 11:46:23 PM
Hey everyone,

Thanks

I would be a bit concerned to need 3 out of 5 frwrd and back rooks to play round1. But if they do then your team will go great guns.