Moneyball Team

Started by Pickle, January 13, 2012, 10:27:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pickle

Backs : Goddard, Deledio, Broughton, Heppell, Tomlinson, M.Clarke, Docherty (Delaney,Wilkes)

Mids : Swan, Boyd, J.Selwood, Barlow, Hayes, Horsley (Zorko, J.Allen)

Rucks : Jacobs, Kreuzer (Giles, Stephensen)

Fwrds : Franklin, Zaharakis, D.Martin, Sidebottom, Dangerfield, Saad, Treloar (Smedts, Couch)

Kittie : Just $6,300

I am aware the rucks are light and have taken a gamble on Kreuzer. Tried to set up for no trades in Rd 11 (I know it is almost impossible that this team will ride through to Rd 11 but at least gives the structure to work with).

Thoughts would be much appreciated.  :D

popedelio

Quote from: Pickle on January 13, 2012, 10:27:42 AM
I am aware the rucks are light and have taken a gamble on Kreuzer.

Yes your rucks are very light and it is better to have at least one premium ruck and then one of either Jacobs or Kreuzer. Though in turn you have a ridiculously strong midfield and all should remain as premium midfielders, giving you early points and possibly a stronger start to the season.

Your issue is to find available money to eventually upgrade your rucks, because whilst kreuzer and jacobs can improve their average, it is more likely that they wont become premium ruckman. So when it comes later in the season most of the good teams will have premium ruckman which you will lack.

So the most viable option to fix this is to downgrade hayes/barlow (preferably hayes because barlow looks in fine preseason form) to a rookie, then upgrading one of jacobs/kreuzer (again i would choose to upgrade jacobs because it seems that you prefer to risk on kreuzer then jacobs) to a premium ruckman of your choice (or who is available with what money you receive).

This is a better team structure because midfield rookies do score better, thus giving you more money, and in result quicker upgrades to have a full premium team. Also there is less risk involved in your team with having 1 premium and 1 mid priced ruckman.

otherwise your team is fine, good luck for the year

Pickle

Thanks popedlio, I have swapped Hayes for Wingard and can now afford to prem rucks with 30K still left... a lot to think about.

Your suggestions are much appreciated!! :)

Colliwobblers

Backs : Goddard, Deledio, Broughton, Heppell, Tomlinson, M.Clarke, Docherty (Delaney,Wilkes)
Fwrds : Franklin, Zaharakis, D.Martin, Sidebottom, Dangerfield, Saad, Treloar (Smedts, Couch)
I am aware the rucks are light and have taken a gamble on Kreuzer. Tried to set up for no trades in Rd 11 (I know it is almost impossible that this team will ride through to Rd 11 but at least gives the structure to work with).
Def is solid,mids are deep very strong , Fwds solid, ruck a little light if anything I would make hayes a rook and upgrade jacobs and or kruezer

But strong side nice choices and structure

Football Factory

Quote from: Colliwobblers on January 14, 2012, 04:25:58 PM
Def is solid,mids are deep very strong , Fwds solid, ruck a little light if anything I would make hayes a rook and upgrade jacobs and or kruezer

But strong side nice choices and structure
+ 1

Pickle

Pickle

Moneyball Team

Backs: Lake, Conca, Drummond, Grimes, Waters, M Clarke, R Shaw, (Paine, Wilkes,)
Forwards: Didak, K Jack, Hayes, Barlow, Vince, Anthony, (McCarthy, Docherty,)
Rucks: Jolly, Hudson, Giles, Hamling 
Forwards:Winderlich, Hitchcock, Howe, Darling, J Brown, Dangerfield, Ballantyne, (Walsh, Saad)

Madness or potential winfall.... $558K left over

I think it is the first option  :o

Fenno

Quick delete this post before everyone copies that team. Its amazing.

Football Factory

Quote from: Pickle on January 22, 2012, 11:02:32 AM
Moneyball Team

Backs: Lake, Conca, Drummond, Grimes, Waters, M Clarke, R Shaw, (Paine, Wilkes,)
Forwards: Didak, K Jack, Hayes, Barlow, Vince, Anthony, (McCarthy, Docherty,)
Rucks: Jolly, Hudson, Giles, Hamling 
Forwards:Winderlich, Hitchcock, Howe, Darling, J Brown, Dangerfield, Ballantyne, (Walsh, Saad)

Madness or potential winfall.... $558K left over

I think it is the first option  :o
I think you will get about 40 games out of your whole squad for the year........somebody call an ambulance

popedelio

If you are looking for a team to generate cash your better of with a setup like mine.
i currently have 470k left in the bank with a structure of 4/1/1/3 - 2/1/0/5 - 2/0/1/1 - 4/1/0/4 = 12/3/2/13
almost every mid pricer on there are just jokes and i wouldn't go near.

Unless this team is just setup for a bit of a laugh :P

upthemaidens

pretty sure its just a joke team...    why not just pull names out of a hat and have a random team?

Pickle

Quote from: Fenno on January 22, 2012, 01:11:51 PM
Quick delete this post before everyone copies that team. Its amazing.

;)

Pickle

Quote from: upthemaidens on January 22, 2012, 06:48:47 PM
pretty sure its just a joke team...    why not just pull names out of a hat and have a random team?

Just a bit of fun with players that have huge potential but have had a bad run. All have shown their ability in short/long bursts in the past but would be a big risk to play them this year...

picker_man

you dont have a rookie on the field good work :P

Colliwobblers

i never say anything nasty, mean , or that isnt constuctive. i cant say anything.....

but i think you have all the feedback you need on this idea.

buy the afl prospectus or spend a lot of time reading the posts on this wonderful site,

if you werejoking with this team then say so in advance no one likes to offend people here but with that team its hard not to.

sorry  :(