Moneyball Team

Started by Pickle, January 13, 2012, 10:27:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pickle

Quote from: Colliwobblers on January 23, 2012, 12:52:13 AM
i never say anything nasty, mean , or that isnt constuctive. i cant say anything.....

but i think you have all the feedback you need on this idea.

buy the afl prospectus or spend a lot of time reading the posts on this wonderful site,

if you werejoking with this team then say so in advance no one likes to offend people here but with that team its hard not to.

sorry  :(

I thought this was a fun interactive site where people could share ideas, comment on themes and have a bit of fun. The concept of Moneyball is quite interesting (building a team with a whole lot of unwanted players with a previous history of performance but undesirable traits at the current time i.e too old, injury prone, lack of experience etc.) and I was exploring it in AFL as a leader for discussion and a laugh.

Sorry if I offende/upset you...

bomberboy0618

Quote from: Pickle on January 23, 2012, 09:37:32 AM
Quote from: Colliwobblers on January 23, 2012, 12:52:13 AM
i never say anything nasty, mean , or that isnt constuctive. i cant say anything.....

but i think you have all the feedback you need on this idea.

buy the afl prospectus or spend a lot of time reading the posts on this wonderful site,

if you werejoking with this team then say so in advance no one likes to offend people here but with that team its hard not to.

sorry  :(

I thought this was a fun interactive site where people could share ideas, comment on themes and have a bit of fun. The concept of Moneyball is quite interesting (building a team with a whole lot of unwanted players with a previous history of performance but undesirable traits at the current time i.e too old, injury prone, lack of experience etc.) and I was exploring it in AFL as a leader for discussion and a laugh.

Sorry if I offende/upset you...
Moneyball doesnt really work in DT, as I am sure you have gathered. In a draft scenario it is perfect, but as everyone has access to the same players, its just putting you behind the 8 ball.
It actually could work I think, if you used the cash to try and get an ultra premium in each line.

Colliwobblers

LOL Pickle, you cause no offence, i was trying to find a way of saying the team is not to my liking without being rude.

my comments were not intended to be offensive either, just saying moneyball might be a good idea for a movie but for a dream team its probably not

but then to back your thoughts up a lot of people are getting on lake, grimes, brown, even nroo and a few others that are qustionable and either injury prone or old...

just not a team full of them :)