MMURPHYS TEAM [ UPDATED ] rates/thoughts ?

Started by mmurphy3, January 12, 2012, 10:22:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmurphy3

SALARY CAP LEFT : 27,000

BACKS : Goddard, Delidio, Broughton, Shaw , Davis ,Mohr, Brown ( Wiklles, Morris )

MIDS : Swan, Thomas, GAJ, Goodes, Coniglo, Wingard, Shiel ( Zorko, Dochety )

RUCKS : Leumberger , Mumford ( Giles, Stephenson )

FWDS : Martin , Petrie , Brown, Cloke , Franklin , Saad , Rowe ( kerridge , Smedts

Matt_352

defence is a little weak apart from that fine

mmurphy3

Thanx do u reckon i should downgrade a fwd to upgrade a back

popedelio

Quote from: mmurphy3 on January 13, 2012, 10:12:54 AM
Thanx do u reckon i should downgrade a fwd to upgrade a back
No, you should actually downgrade your midfield because your forward line is just right atm, where as your midfield structure i believe is set up inappropriately.

starting with your midfield rookies, Coniglio and Wingard may score well and still be good cash cows, though there are plenty of other rookies that will average similar and will improve their value at the same rate but there initial cost can save you another 60k. For example from last year, it would have been better to pick Trent McKenzie over Dave Swallow. now McKenzie started at the price of $97,600, where as swallow at $160,500, already you have saved $62,900. Generally in rd 8 we start upgrading/downgrading rookies, so again comparing McKenzie with swallow, at rd 8 McKenzie improved his value by $141,100, where swallow improved by 122,500. So the difference in improvement is $18,600.

The point I'm trying to make is that the good rookies average the same, though the cheaper ones will improve there vale by more because of their lower basement price, so this is one area where you can save. so you can save roughly at most 60k with downgrading Coniglio, and another 30k with Wingard, so already you would have saved 90k whilst not losing any points scored by your team.

Now i can see Barlow being the value player in the midfield and downgrading Goodes to Barlow will save you an extra 67k. So in total you will have 184000, though we still fall short and not enough to get a reasonable premium defender for Davis, though only one more minor change will get you a player like Heppell in your defense and making your team stronger.

Hope this helps, good luck for this year

dmagnus

Davis(?)
Not sure I like Petrie and Martin either

Mummy is relatively unpopular, I think that's good

mmurphy3

Thanks for your help popedilo.. it helped alot :)

mmurphy3

Quote from: dmagnus on January 13, 2012, 04:31:44 PM
Davis(?)

Davis is a player who im hoping will score 70 - 80 but i am same not to sure on him
and petrie for me is a unique..

popedelio

Quote from: mmurphy3 on January 13, 2012, 04:50:41 PM
Quote from: dmagnus on January 13, 2012, 04:31:44 PM
Davis(?)

Davis is a player who im hoping will score 70 - 80 but i am same not to sure on him
and petrie for me is a unique..

Petrie and Martin is fine to have because they are players that can average 90 when fit, and that's all you need from your forwards. If your hoping for Davis to only score 70-80, why are you choosing him? If he does score 80 (at VERY best) his price change will only be small and then your still stuck with a midpricer that you cant upgrade. To make a good team you should pick players that you believe can average 90, then the rest rookies, that way by season end you have a team that should score 2070. If you don't think your midpricer is going to average 85 at the very least then you shouldn't pick him.

mmurphy3

Thanks poedlo... with the 100 odd K i have reckon i should upgrade or downgrade

popedelio

Quote from: mmurphy3 on January 13, 2012, 10:53:00 PM
post up your team mate so i can check out your changes

mmurphy3

Quote from: popedelio on January 13, 2012, 11:48:39 PM

Sarlary : 177,600
BACKS : Goddard, Delidio, Broughton, Shaw , CLARKE ,Mohr, Brown ( Wiklles, Morris )

MIDS : Swan, Thomas, Gaj, BARLOW, Coniglo, Wingard, Shiel ( Zorko, Dochety )

FWDS : Martin , Petrie , Brown, Cloke , Franklin , Saad , Rowe ( kerridge , Smedts

I no your said to downgrade coniglo and wingsrd but im not sure who so i havent done that yet

Thanks Pop

popedelio

That is fine man, just wait for some NAB form and make some correct rookie choices from there

Football Factory

Quote from: mmurphy3 on January 14, 2012, 09:18:23 AM
Quote from: popedelio on January 13, 2012, 11:48:39 PM

Sarlary : 177,600
BACKS : Goddard, Delidio, Broughton, Shaw , CLARKE ,Mohr, Brown ( Wiklles, Morris )

MIDS : Swan, Thomas, Gaj, BARLOW, Coniglo, Wingard, Shiel ( Zorko, Dochety )

I no your said to downgrade coniglo and wingsrd but im not sure who so i havent done that yet

Thanks Pop
Nice work . First team ive seen the Dish in

mmurphy3

Thanks Guys and what do you mean by dish in?

Pickle