Ellis and Morris

Started by ubeaut, January 12, 2012, 09:09:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ubeaut

Alot of people (including me) are toying with one or both of Brandon Ellis or Steven Morris. What is worrying me is that Richmond have so many backmen to choose from. Newman, Moore, McGuane, Webberly, Houli, Grigg, Astbury, Rance and Batchelor plus any I've forgotten. How do we know they'll get enough games to make $$$?

charliesheen

i think you just choose best available.  if you speculate a lot about js, you probably would have missed picks like Curnow, ISmith, Liba, etc..  if they are good enough, they will most likely play.

dmac07

Agree, just go for the best available talent, that and watch the nab. Im sure there wil be at least one rookie that no one has now that will be in every team come the start of the year.

Kuruki

With only two bench spots and a need to make some coin before the bye rounds i think JS is very important. I dont think it would be wise to have Ellis and Morris. The Tigers have a very difficult start to the season prior to the bye rounds. I can see them selecting guys with more AFL exp to start the year. It's all about the NAB. I for one dont want to be making sideways trades just to avoid donuts. I want the cash to make those trades count.
For me Ellis is likely to score more. Morris is likely to play first.

Colliwobblers

I don't think rooks matter as you should upgrade before the byes unless you pick the wrong ones and they don't play. So having 2 of the tigers premiums has nothing to do with alsomhaving a couple of their rooks.

meow meow

Newman, Moore, Rance
Houli, McGuane/Grimes, Batchelor

That's Richmond's best back 6.

Only leaves room for one on the bench. However, I wouldn't be surprised if Houli moves to midfield along with Leds. That will free up one spot, but then where does Conca play? VFL I'd say, but others seem to rate him. I'd lean towards Ellis if Batchelor doesn't play, because Morris doesn't have the same kicking ability that Eliis does, and they'd need it without Houli, Leds and Batchelor.

I've thought about this stuff a fair bit too, and have come to the conclusion that I am going to keep the rookies to a minimum and try something completely different. Mid price madness.

theflyinghawk

Quote from: meow meow on January 15, 2012, 12:15:22 AM
Newman, Moore, Rance
Houli, McGuane/Grimes, Batchelor

That's Richmond's best back 6.

Only leaves room for one on the bench. However, I wouldn't be surprised if Houli moves to midfield along with Leds. That will free up one spot, but then where does Conca play? VFL I'd say, but others seem to rate him. I'd lean towards Ellis if Batchelor doesn't play, because Morris doesn't have the same kicking ability that Eliis does, and they'd need it without Houli, Leds and Batchelor.

I've thought about this stuff a fair bit too, and have come to the conclusion that I am going to keep the rookies to a minimum and try something completely different. Mid price madness.

Richmonds Back 6 is more like
Newman Rance Grimes
Houli Astbury/Post Batchelor

I think there is room for both if they warrant being picked both can cycle through the mids.

Conca will 100% play every game and play very well while he is at it, hes a gun. Same goes with Batchelor, not sure batch is dt relevant just yet though.

theta

Morris over Ellis due to mature age.