In excellent shape.

Started by hibbo, July 21, 2009, 09:35:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hibbo

After the trades I do this week, I believe my team is looking very good for my finals campaign + having a crack at top 1000 (currently just outside top 2000).

BACKS: Goddard, Drummond, Newman, Hodge, Hurn, Grimes, Broughton (Hurley, Cheney)
CENTRES: Ablett, Judd, J Selwood, Kornes, Griffen, Rich (Anthony, Muston)
RUCKS: HMAC, Sandilands (Pyke, Spencer)
FORWARDS: Riewoldt, O'Keefe, Chapman, Deledio, Goodwin, Pavlich, Franklin (Ballantyne, Hogan)

3 trades and 200K left for finals
What's not to like?  :P

Is it looking good or is there something wrong?

nas

All looking good bar Cheeny ATM but not worth a trade so sit back relax & crack a coldie if you're allowed to.

Spencer also due back very soon too

bombers123

how soon.
where did you here that from??
I need him.

hibbo

Spencer back is only good news, but not too fussed either way. Pyke should get a few more games. And Cheney isn't an issue as he's my 9th backmen...although with the amount of injuries this year, you never know. If that is the only problem, then I'm happy ;)

freezer

Where is the info on Spencer coming back? Didn't get a mention in the VFL and it has him listed as injured with an ankle on the Melbourne website. I don't think he will be a walk up start, even in Melbourne's team.

hibbo

By the way the trades I'm doing are: Cox -> HMAC and Macaffer -> Franklin. I feel Rich/Anthony can hold down the 6th midfield spot for now.

chris

Seems Jamar is going to be out this week Bailey said he would like to give Spencer a go but believes he hasn't had enough time in the VFL since coming back from injury so Johnson gets a second chance instead  :'(

"Young [Jake] Spencer hasn't really played enough games for Casey,” Bailey said. “It would have been a nice situation if Spencer had played some games in the VFL, to bring him up and give him some experience."

So hopefully soon

Hawks_1976

Forwards : As good as they can get and sound cover with Bally and Hogan currently getting a kick. Bally should play out the season, Hogan may find it harder to hold down a spot. Pav should return this week too.
Rucks : With Cox out of calculations, you potentially now have the best combo available.
Mids : Soild and with 6 rounds left a trade here really isn't worth it. Rich / Anthony a healthy problem to have for your 6th mid, Muston pushing for selection for the Hawks too. Having said this ( and you are a Saints man ), an NDS, Montagna or Hayes would fit in nicely. Especially with the Saints playing Melbourne R22 and some big points up for grabs then. So perhaps ( and only perhaps ) an ungrade of Rich to one of those then.
Backs : The only big scorer missing from this backline is Duffield, again, justifying a trade and who to trade is pretty difficult. News that Grimes has concerns with a back injury could lean you towards this trade. Look into it.

A top 1000 finish beckons!

Good luck mate!

hibbo

Quote from: Hawks_1976 on July 23, 2009, 06:35:03 AM
Mids : Soild and with 6 rounds left a trade here really isn't worth it. Rich / Anthony a healthy problem to have for your 6th mid, Muston pushing for selection for the Hawks too. Having said this ( and you are a Saints man ), an NDS, Montagna or Hayes would fit in nicely. Especially with the Saints playing Melbourne R22 and some big points up for grabs then. So perhaps ( and only perhaps ) an ungrade of Rich to one of those then.

Well after this weeks trades, I'm still going to have 150K left over. And my next move will be to uprgade either Rich or Anthony to a premium- probably a saints player ;)

hibbo

Scored a healthy 2,500 this week and my tilt at top 1000 is well under way, I'm now ranked at 1,557. This week's trade will probably be Rich to Pendles which can you believe frees up an extra 30K! Will leave me with 160K and Cheney to Lockyer will be my next move in week 1 of finals.

So my team in 2 weeks with 1 trade left should look like this:

Goddard, Newman, Drummond, Hodge, Lockyer, Hurn, Broughton (Grimes, Hurley)
Ablett, Judd, J Selwood, Pendles, Kornes, Griffen (Anthony, Muston)
HMAC, Sandilands (Spencer, Jacobs)
Riewoldt, O'Keefe, Deledio, Pavlich, Goodwin, Chapman, Franklin (Ballantyne, Hogan)

Prospector_1

A very nicely balanced side hibbo - provided other factors don't intervene in the next 2 weeks.

hibbo

Quote from: Prospector_1 on July 28, 2009, 09:25:35 AM
A very nicely balanced side hibbo - provided other factors don't intervene in the next 2 weeks.

By 'factors' you mean injuries? I feel like I've got good cover across the park so hopefully it means no more zero's.

The other option is I use most of my cash this week to get say, Hayes/M Murphy/Montagna for Rich, but I feel Pendles price is too good to refuse and should ton up most weeks. I gotta wait and see what happens to Grimes atm.