Ruck options

Started by Sabretooth Tigers, January 12, 2012, 03:52:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabretooth Tigers

:-\
Just to get away from the Giles, Stephensen combination of emergencies, as popular as it is. My mains are Mummy and Sandy and thinking of making Stephensen and Pattison($94,700) my emergencies.But my theory depends on how J Roughead is travelling and also perhaps his price fluctuations. If his price drops and he then starts to find form he goes straight in to the forward line, thus J Roughead/J Pattison both ruck/forwards can be interchanged when required adding flexability to the side. It also works out very well during the round 12/13 byes. Has anyone heard any news on how Roughy is travelling please. Cheers.

Patrician

Slowly, I believe is the word.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/hawthorn-forward-jarryd-roughead-starts-running-program/story-e6frf9jf-1226219423734

There may be later articles than this, but I think caution with Roughead is best.

Kuruki

Keep an eye on the Pie's young ruckman. I dont think Jolly is going to last too long.

Ringo

There are a number of rookie rucks to keep your eye on apart from Giles and Stephenson. Witts, Reddan, Jenkinson and Rowe as well.

muzza3465

i think with roughhead when u do an achiliesthey just dont seem to back what they used to have russell robertson he nevr was any good again could,nt jump

Purple 77

You could try and have Rowe in as well, would offer you flexiblity as well. i posted something like this before, and what i pretty much got out of it was if you had a guy like pattinson, who probably won't play a game, in your team, he is just gonna sit there, forward line or ruck doing nothing. But! If your like me and have never used a fourth ruckman, then IMO i think its a good idea

Colliwobblers

Yeah Rowe would be a good alternate option but forget the dpp ruck fwd strategy the.available players are just not worth the risk no way no how

meow meow

Witts won't even play in the ruck this year. He'll be developed as a forward in the VFL. If he miraculously gets a senior game, it will be as a forward and he'll score 40 if he's lucky.

miffysp

Sorry but I have to disagree a lil about witts. I rekon his about at 80% chance of getting afl game time this year. His got a mature body. Not all that much smaller n lighter than sandi