Dr Dream Team (Showers and Giggles)

Started by RiOtChEsS, January 12, 2012, 12:19:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Football Factory

Martin Clarke, Collingwood ($141,500)
Expect him to fill the position vacated by Leon Davis at the end of last season.

I thought his name was actually Marty not short for Martin ?

Scrads

Quote from: FOOTBALL FACTORY on February 03, 2012, 10:48:44 PM
Martin Clarke, Collingwood ($141,500)
Expect him to fill the position vacated by Leon Davis at the end of last season.

I thought his name was actually Marty not short for Martin ?

Add it to the list.

Purple 77

Football Factory

Quote from: Purple 77 on February 04, 2012, 09:36:13 AM

It is actually Martin

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Clarke
lol  nice research Purple ... so AFL dreamteam is wrong pretty sure its Marty Clarke on there

Purple 77

Quote from: FOOTBALL FACTORY on February 04, 2012, 11:56:25 AM
Quote from: Purple 77 on February 04, 2012, 09:36:13 AM

It is actually Martin

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Clarke
lol  nice research Purple ... so AFL dreamteam is wrong pretty sure its Marty Clarke on there

Think they list as O'Brien as Harry not Heriter also.. could be wrong!

elephants

Tch Tch Tch not good enough hah. How do you think these players would feel?

pavs nose

anyone know dr dreamteams overall rank from last year?

elephants

No, but I would expect something fairly average like 40-80k.

upthemaidens

i think dr. dreamteam does crap because its to make general public feel good about their own rank..
i would gather that maybe 100k of teams would be auto-fill or computer selected teams.
  in the office league, he probably has another team thats half decent  haha

pavs nose

i'm pretty sure last year someone on ff mentiioned he left petrie on the field in his bye round or something without an emergency and copped a zero....... i guess doctors werent meant to coach football teams

stew42

Take a look at what he says about Barlow:
MICHAEL BARLOW, MID, $424,800
Not cheap but is certainly a player capable of racking up big numbers

And Morabito:
ANTHONY MORABITO, MID, $168,000
Cruelled by a serious knee injury in 2011, but his unfortunate season means DT players get to pounce in 2012. Was very impressive in his debut year, scoring well in most games as a rookie. Looks to be one of the bargains of the year at $168,000 and looks a perfect fit for every midfield, even if it is sitting on the bench.

Wot a tool

Windigo

Quote from: pavs nose on February 04, 2012, 10:12:38 PM
i'm pretty sure last year someone on ff mentiioned he left petrie on the field in his bye round or something without an emergency and copped a zero....... i guess doctors werent meant to coach football teams

It's true. Quite humorous.

Boomz

He fixed up my registration so I could make a team :-X Provides good tech support & should stick to that...

Grannyboy

From memory his rank was ok early when he had trades but by end of season he slipped way out of the top 10k and munched so many doughies (read: lack of tradin nouse). He was around 12-16k in the end I think, I can't quite remember.
I can't believe he just can't come out and say what he REALLY thinks of the players, isn't that his job? How can he trade players in that he's never said boo about? He's a hypocrite...he'll tell you all about the players he's not trading in, but he seems to think if he shuts his mouth about the ones he is trading in, no-one else will notice them.

StuL

Quote from: Colliwobblers on January 21, 2012, 07:22:50 PM
he is a DUD end of story, ryder last year and he's recomending him again this year. Sure Ryder could be good if he played 100% game time and was in the fwd line, but picking him in the hope he gets a little fun in the fwd line and maybe 33% of the ruck duties, man i don't know i just think maybe there are better ruck options in 2012 than ryder.

I reckon he throws in an few curve balls. He doesn't want to tell you all his secrets after all. He's playing to win like the rest of us.