Dr Dream Team (Showers and Giggles)

Started by RiOtChEsS, January 12, 2012, 12:19:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nails

Dr. Dreamteam is useful in the same sense a toilet is helpful after someone just crapped their pants.

Would have been good when you were just starting to need to do that poo, when you didn't understand how serious things were

But now that you're right into it and you've poo'd your pants it's too late and there's nothing he can do for you.

MURRIMAGIC

Quote from: Nails on January 28, 2012, 03:01:06 AM
Dr. Dreamteam is useful in the same sense a toilet is helpful after someone just crapped their pants.

Would have been good when you were just starting to need to do that poo, when you didn't understand how serious things were

But now that you're right into it and you've poo'd your pants it's too late and there's nothing he can do for you.
Nails, your comments make as much sense as a Dr Dreamteam column. You sure you aren't actually him, cause your teams look the same too - ordinary!

TheMailman

Quote from: MURRIMAGIC on January 31, 2012, 04:30:55 PM

Nails, your comments make as much sense as a Dr Dreamteam column. You sure you aren't actually him, cause your teams look the same too - ordinary!

Bad Sportsmanship

MURRIMAGIC

Purple 77

Dr Dream Team once had an article, where he divided the total price by the player's average at the start of the year, and tried to say that this determined the player's who had the best value. Even though the number's were basically just the magic number with only a couple of decimal points difference.

It disappeared after a day because he had too many people writing in saying it was ridicolous

stew42

The Doc of Croc is releasing his round1 team tomorrow, I'll put it on the rate my DT page... Get ready to rate people :)

Nails

Quote from: TheMailman on January 31, 2012, 04:44:36 PM
Quote from: MURRIMAGIC on January 31, 2012, 04:30:55 PM

Bad Sportsmanship

Nat is a girl last time I checked, so bad sportswomanship ;)

But na, It's all in good fun. I despise Nat, she despises me, I'm going to enjoy watching her fight it out for the tit-ed cup in the bottom 10 this season.

lolrocket

Some helpful advice from Dr DT on his live chat tonight:

"At least 5 of your 8 on the bench should be playing regular footy"

"I think everybody's ruck division should look like this: Cox (1), another premium (2), Giles (3) and Stephenson (4). But you could potentially swap Orren for Witts."

"Sam Fisher - solid choice as a defender. I'd be looking at Sam Gilbert in defence from the Saints instead at $345K. Think there's more upside to him than Fisher."

"Boak costs $426K. Think he's definitely one to consider given he's fit and healthy. At that price Freo's Michael Barlow might also be worth a shot."

"Like Brad Ebert's prospects a lot. Is a lot better than the player who averaged 60-odd last year."

"If you can have 4 premiums in DEF, MID, FWD and 1 in RUC you'll be laughing. Doubt you can though, at least to start. Try get at least 11 in there somehow."

And not exactly advice but a funny one in "Rangy (is it pronounced Rangy or Rangy?)"

In his defence though, I'd say the AFL pay him to have a side that isn't so decent or and thus give advice which isn't quite at the same level. He is one of the filler options for leagues that aren't full. If he was to make a team to the best of his ability then his team would be winning countless leagues across Australia and at the same time annoying the real people who are casual players of DT and keep getting beaten by a filler side. My bet is that Nick Maxwell either won't be a celebrity filler or will have to have a weaker team this year.

Bluke

Quote from: TheMailman on January 27, 2012, 01:35:00 PM
Admitedly guys he does give some form of help to people just starting the game although the usefulness of his advice is somewhat limited.

+1

I still find some of his drivel useful.

oc16

thatguy

there are a few holes to fix, but its not that bad.

his backline needs work

oc16

yes it certainly does need work

owenbond007

I dont think his backs are that bad lake grimes waters all have keeper potential and no js issues. Last season all the backs had consitency issues. The major issue with his side is his 2nd ruck (Z.Smith). I dont think he will score much diff from last season and at that price he would be better off getting HMac or playing Giles as his 2nd and using the extra cash to pick up a 3rd premo back by upgrading waters/grimes.

stew42

Where did he hear that Tomas Bugg is highly rated at GWS?  :o

Ziplock