Previous topic - Next topic

Which one would you choose?

Selwood
15 (60%)
Thommo
10 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Andrew

Thompson like Barlow are just ball magnets. I'm not worried about it but anyone would want some NAB Cup form behind a player they select. Selwood is a great pick if you're not also going a Collingwood premium midfield plus Barlow. Damn these byes... should be 3 on the bench again this season.

lolrocket

Ross Lyon's gamestyle might be boring to watch but it produces DT points pretty nicely. Goddard, Gilbert, Riewoldt, Fisher, Dal Santo, Hayes and Montagna were all premiums at one point or another under him.

Thompson may bump his average up slightly due to his draw but I don't see him really improving that much. Selwood on the other hand averaged 114 last year barring his concussion game, is still only 23 and is the prime mover in the premiership winning midfield. Easy decision from my point of view

picker_man

Quote from: lolrocket on January 13, 2012, 01:31:50 AM
Ross Lyon's gamestyle might be boring to watch but it produces DT points pretty nicely. Goddard, Gilbert, Riewoldt, Fisher, Dal Santo, Hayes and Montagna were all premiums at one point or another under him.

Thompson may bump his average up slightly due to his draw but I don't see him really improving that much. Selwood on the other hand averaged 114 last year barring his concussion game, is still only 23 and is the prime mover in the premiership winning midfield. Easy decision from my point of view
i think teams have gone past that style of play and lyon is stuck within it as its all he knows! how many of gilbert, riewoldt, fisher, dal santo, hayes (injured so rule out) and montagna were premos last yr, unless he changes his style which other teams have caught onto, it means nothing these players were past dt studs the game has changed, and we will have to re asses his new style again if there is one.

your prolly right though when it comes to selwood, thats y have selwood and thomo ;D

Andrew

Geelong players all get rested, Scott has implemented English Premier League-style squad rotation. As bizarre as it seems on the face of it, Selwood is more likely to get rested in the leadup to September action compared to Scott Thompson.

Thompson's draw is just too hard to ignore for mine it'd take outstanding NAB Cup form from someone else for me to change my pick.

Pickle

JSelwood for me as loooking to invest in GWS rookies and Thomo shares their bye.