Previous topic - Next topic

Which one would you choose?

Selwood
15 (60%)
Thommo
10 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 2

theflyinghawk

Struggling with this for my 3rd mid. Both same price, and although I would rather have Selwood in my team thommo is in right now. The two reasons for this is his easy draw and his bye round. For the first half of the season I think thommo can match it with anyone but Joel is just a gun and won't let you down, which one?

Off Tap

Can Thommo repeat 2011?

He had a great run but wasn't 2011 the 1st time he averaged in the 100's?

All things being equal I think Selwood will end up scoring more for the season so him.

PowerMan

Thompson, Selwood is a marked man in the tribunal eyes now, too risky.

dswallow24

THOMPSON !

He has an easier run in the season

Veruses easy teams twice.

He has an easier run home, after the bye ONLY VERUSING 1 top 4 team once which is Geelong. So if you want to trade him in after the bye that would be a wise choice, but he's a starter for me.

Colliwobblers

thompson cant have jelwood and swan and pendles and barlow all on the same bye

lolrocket

Think of the MAIN reason you are getting either of these two

Selwood - Great player

Thompson - Great draw

Richard Tambling also has that same draw :P

Colliwobblers

Quote from: lolrocket on January 12, 2012, 01:51:53 AM
Think of the MAIN reason you are getting either of these two

Selwood - Great player

Thompson - Great draw

Richard Tambling also has that same draw :P

+1

I don't want tambling  ???

Your point .... Do I really want Thompson ? Well he did go pretty good last season  :-\

The F.A.R.K.

Selwood hands down. When thompson had his 50 touches game he scored 150 where selwood can touch the ball 30 times and hit 160 and over. Selwood is an out and out gun and tackle machine

scotty_222

Think about Thompson, had 50 possies against gold coast
They play port gws and gcs twice I'm pretty sure, that's a lot of possies

Windigo

Thompson is about the only Crow you can put into your team with 100 % confidence he will slay.

Sloane and few others might do well. But Thommo over Selwood purely because he destroys weaker teams.

Football Factory

This is a really tough one i have gone Thompson because of his extremely soft draw. Selwood gets in and under and will have a higher risk of injury (suspension) unlike Thompson he seems to fart around getting soft possessions. I dont think selecting either would be a bad choice tho...... :-\

Holz

Quote from: FOOTBALL FACTORY on January 12, 2012, 12:42:01 PM
This is a really tough one i have gone Thompson because of his extremely soft draw. Selwood gets in and under and will have a higher risk of injury (suspension) unlike Thompson he seems to fart around getting soft possessions. I dont think selecting either would be a bad choice tho...... :-\

considering selwood has been suspended once and has gone 18 21 22 21and would have played 21 this year i cant think of many players who are less injury prone.

jabroni

id wait on thompson until i see how the new coach uses him in the nab cup - id hate for that kind of cash to drop if thompson gets limited output due to the new "structure" 

picker_man

Quote from: jabroni on January 13, 2012, 01:02:37 AM
id wait on thompson until i see how the new coach uses him in the nab cup - id hate for that kind of cash to drop if thompson gets limited output due to the new "structure" 

way i look at it if your a gun it dont matter about the coach, if it does there goes barlow from my team and any other docker  aswell!

picker_man

Quote from: picker_man on January 13, 2012, 01:08:12 AM
Quote from: jabroni on January 13, 2012, 01:02:37 AM

way i look at it if your a gun it dont matter about the coach, if it does there goes barlow from my team and any other docker  aswell! and my collingwood players to damn they would of been handy haha