Bille Smedts (Geel)

Started by Phasir, January 10, 2012, 08:07:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phasir

Picked at #15 in 2010, the young guy didn't get to make his debut due to a season ending injury just after the christmas break ruling him out of the entire 2011 season.  Now for him that's bad, for us it might be a blessing because he offers us a 2nd year, top 15 draft pick in blistering form through the preseason by all accounts, at the price of a rookie.  Likened to Gilbert (hopefully only his playing style and not his life style) he can rebound out of the defensive 50 but go on the attack & take a nice mark in the forward 50, he can also run down a wing or have stints through the middle if needed, all in all his size and ability enable him to play in almost every DT friendly position & could be a very good pick for either Fwd or Def this year.

Football Factory

Quote from: Phasir on January 10, 2012, 08:07:02 PM
  Picked at #15 in 2010, the young guy didn't get to make his debut due to a season ending injury just after the christmas break ruling him out of the entire 2011 season.  Now for him that's bad, for us it might be a blessing because he offers us a 2nd year, top 15 draft pick in blistering form through the preseason by all accounts, at the price of a rookie.  Likened to Gilbert (hopefully only his playing style and not his life style) he can rebound out of the defensive 50 but go on the attack & take a nice mark in the forward 50, he can also run down a wing or have stints through the middle if needed, all in all his size and ability enable him to play in almost every DT friendly position & could be a very good pick for either Fwd or Def this year.
Yes could be a good pick up...hate to sound boring but its another guy i will be keeping an eye on in the Nab

Holz

if he is a F/B with the new DPP rule and plays round 1 i think i will start him. I think gellong will stay with the high possension game and if he can crack into the gellong backline and even better the rebounding role he could be one of the best rookie pick ups of the season.

Colliwobblers

Quote from: Holzman on January 10, 2012, 08:18:06 PM
if he is a F/B when the new DPP rule and plays round 1 i think i will start him. I think gellong will stay with the high possension game and if he can crack into the gellong backline and even better the rebounding role he could be one of the best rookie pick ups of the season.

+1

listed in the cats team round 1 then he'll be listed in my team round 1

Danger888

got him in my current team , loving the B/F DPP and cashcow ability

Colliwobblers

Quote from: Danger888 on January 11, 2012, 02:50:56 AM
got him in my current team , loving the B/F DPP and cashcow ability

it will be great if tomlinson rips it up in nabcup and becomes a must have he is the same dpp fwd/def as smedts, may help in the byes yet realistically all going well they will both be fattened and traded by the byes anyway

PowerMan

I'm going too pick him either way, looking at Smedts the same way I did with Puopolo from the Hawks last year, picked poppy from the start knowing he was good, Smedts could be very similar to Puopolo IMO.

Off Tap

Quote from: FOOTBALL FACTORY on January 10, 2012, 08:16:41 PM
Quote from: Phasir on January 10, 2012, 08:07:02 PM
Yes could be a good pick up...hate to sound boring but its another guy i will be keeping an eye on in the Nab

How intersting, please tell me more.

Ziplock

I will be keeping 2 eyes on him, for I do not support collingwood and therefore have all my born visual aids :P

elephants

Get on board. Should get a lot of games and was a reasonably high draft pick. Good bye for the backs too ;D