DEFENDERS 2012

Started by theflyinghawk, January 10, 2012, 07:28:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theflyinghawk

Who do you see being the top 10 scores in 2012? Bit of a sc rookie so looking to see what players I should be considering

miffysp

Ablett swan pendels sandilands luenberger m.Murphy s.Thompson
I rekon all these will be in the top ten

theflyinghawk

Haha should have specified I meant defenders

lozza63

Goddard, Deledio, Shaw, Scotland, Enright, Burgoyne, Yarran, Suckling, Fisher, Newman, Birchall.

These should be the main scorers this season i believe (similar to last year).

Ziplock

*yawn*

Heppell + Broughts should be up there, with Waters + Grimes as well

lozza63

Time for bed is it Zippers? Yeah - i did forget Broughts and Hepps - not too sure Grimes and Waters can last a full 20 odd matches required?

Ziplock

10 matches, premium average is all you need from them if it comes down to it :P

Torress

i think stiffy johncock will be in top ten. heard he is looking fit which is different as he normaly rocks up pre season a little overweight. crows have a decent draw straight up. seems to be a little unique. if he is looking good come closer to season proper i reckon it could be a good year to start him.

Didds70

Quote from: Torress on January 11, 2012, 04:10:19 PM
i think stiffy johncock will be in top ten. heard he is looking fit which is different as he normaly rocks up pre season a little overweight. crows have a decent draw straight up. seems to be a little unique. if he is looking good come closer to season proper i reckon it could be a good year to start him.
Nice unique call that Toress , considered him on occasions last year but when the time came it was always just not convincing enough , something was always lacking . Haven't considered for '12 , for no real reason .

Since my 1st draft quite a few weeks ago I've had Pearce Hanley locked at D4 , was impressed enough by end '11 to be willing to back him in & will stick with it , fingers x'ed for a 90+ keeper , pretty consistent @ about 20% deviation , disp efficiency no worries ,  little bit more mid action would be much appreciated please .

My 2 Bobs worth .

miffysp

Yeah Torres.
I'm finding it hard to decide between adcock or for my d4. The season is looking very promising for both parties

Ringo

Goddard Delidio Shaw Scotland will more than likely be the top 4 but after that take your pick from about 14 players including one not yet mentioned Houli.

jasonweare

Quote from: Ringo on January 11, 2012, 11:39:49 PM
Goddard Delidio Shaw Scotland will more than likely be the top 4 but after that take your pick from about 14 players including one not yet mentioned Houli.

+1 ringo, i think i read that houli was top of richmond time trials for start of the year. Had a thought about him upping his average further. And had him in a deep defence at one stage but had byes in the back of my mind.

cortez

how donpeople think burgoyne will go this year can he get back to a +90pts avg? and does anyone know how his preseason has been?

Hippo

Yep!

If this view of a supporter is correct

2011 saw a Burgoyne that was fit enough to run out in 24 games. I say it must have been frustrating, as besides his obvious fitness, he was rarely used in a position that allowed him the use of his exquisite skills or burst of pace that put fear into sides through mid to late of our last decade.

Going into 2012, with the return of Stratton & Gilham; the drafting of Boumann; & the jet performers of 2011 in Gibson & Birchall (& other performers in Goo / Schoey); our backline is well placed to be self-sufficient without the likes of Hodge or Burgoyne being required as cover.

IMO, Burgoyne is an out & out champion midfielder & I can't wait to see him used as such. He is too good to be used as a HFF alone, & with the emergence of Popeye as a small forward; Gunston as a 3rd tall; & Breust & Whitecross standing up as HFF; there is no need to park him there to give us a target.

I expect to see Burgoyne as a midfielder in 2012. I expect to see him get a bit of bench time, & to see him float forward to rest, but his main role will be as a clearance-dominating machine. His smooth hands & blistering acceleration (& big body) will see him win clearance after clearance; & his silky skills will feed our outside players in a manner they haven't seen in a long time.

Burgoyne's statistics should not be the measure of his 2012, & it will likely only be Hawks supporters & defeated opposition players/coaches that really appreciate the impact that he has on games. I would be surprised to see him rack up more than 25 possessions a game from here on in, but his leadership & teamwork with our midfield group containing Mitchell, Hodge, Sewell, Lewis, Cyril, Smith & Savage will see his return to the danger he previously posed teams & make believers of Hawks fans who thought his price too high when we snared him from port.