Main Menu

Australian Open Discussion + DT

Started by Nails, January 10, 2012, 04:16:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boomz

Same difference :P She won in the end :P

Anyone see the reception Berdych just got after he won? He looked like he was gonna cry lol

PowerBug

Your joking right?? Li Na out after having 4/5 match points!?!?!?!?!?!?

Goodbye Australian Open DT.

Windigo

Quote from: Boomz on January 22, 2012, 07:18:38 PM

Anyone see the reception Berdych just got after he won? He looked like he was gonna cry lol

Yeah, I saw it. What actually happened? Something about one player not shaking hands.

Boomz

Quote from: Windigo on January 22, 2012, 08:09:02 PM
Quote from: Boomz on January 22, 2012, 07:18:38 PM

Yeah, I saw it. What actually happened? Something about one player not shaking hands.

Almagro hit it straight at Berdych sometime in the match so Berdych took it to heart and refused to shake hands... Pretty poor... I doubt Almagro was aiming to hurt him or anything it's just part of the sport.

Maca24

Almagro is known on the circuit as a bit of an arsehole though :P

@Fletch - Your lucky Clijsters won ;)

Fletch74

Quote from: Maca24 on January 22, 2012, 08:52:52 PM

Yep, I was rooting for her. She can beat Wozniacki too :)

Boomz

Hewitt took the 3rd set against Djokovic >:D

Fletch74

Quote from: Maca24 on January 22, 2012, 02:32:19 PM
Think I have 7 through. I reckon your in strife with Kvitova as captain though Fletch.
She has an easy match in the quarters, then most likey one of the screachers in the Semi. I'm happy to still have 6 players left :)

Fletch74

Quote from: Fletch74 on January 23, 2012, 09:17:43 AM

And that she did :D :D

Maca24

Quote from: Fletch74 on January 24, 2012, 05:52:46 PM
Quote from: Fletch74 on January 23, 2012, 09:17:43 AM

And that she did :D :D
Wozniacki and Serena both out will hurt me!
Lucky Fed is my captain.

Luigi197

applied to be a ballkid AO2013.

3rd time lucky!!!

but honestly i think the system might be rigged in someway. i think that i am way capable enough to be a ballboy, especially having years of experience of tennis and cricket. maybe its cause i wear glasses or cause i have an allergy to nuts... but if i dont make it this final year, im not going to be very happy as i have failed at the final stage both times :(

CrowsFan

Have you had any other ballboy experience luigi? Could help if you did it for some other smaller tournaments first ;)

I know each year they pick 2 of the ballboys from the moorilla international (1 boy and 1 girl) to do it at the australian open the following year.

Maca24

Quote from: Luigi197 on January 24, 2012, 08:45:26 PM
applied to be a ballkid AO2013.

3rd time lucky!!!

but honestly i think the system might be rigged in someway. i think that i am way capable enough to be a ballboy, especially having years of experience of tennis and cricket. maybe its cause i wear glasses or cause i have an allergy to nuts... but if i dont make it this final year, im not going to be very happy as i have failed at the final stage both times :(
lol they are hardly legit reasons. It wouldnt be that your not capable enough, its just that they're are so many kids who apply every year. they cant pick them all ;)
My mate was a ballkid on Hisense Arena last year  :P

Luigi197

had no ballkid experience, but tried out twice as mentioned,

i honestly think having glasses is a legit reason cause tennis australia may be worried about how i would look on the tv screen.... -.-

Maca24

Quote from: Luigi197 on January 24, 2012, 10:13:17 PM
had no ballkid experience, but tried out twice as mentioned,

i honestly think having glasses is a legit reason cause tennis australia may be worried about how i would look on the tv screen.... -.-
couldn't you just wear contacts if it was that much of a concern? :P