DEF smokie

Started by The F.A.R.K., January 10, 2012, 12:06:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The F.A.R.K.

I need one more defender after upgrading some players I have found my team short on cash so I have downgraded Broughts and have 300k to play with. Already have rookies so I looking for a medium priced smokie in Defence who should breakout this year. Im really stuck because I have only been concentrating on the Guns and Rooks so far.

Presto

At 255k B Lake has to be worth a punt. Hopefully he will completely recover and get back to his 2010 average 99.77

Lions01

Some to Consider

Grima : Reports are hes having a big Pre Season, have heard this before thou
Conca : Read that a move to the wing is on the cards, add to that the recruitment of Eliis and Morris could see this happen.
Suban : Lyon gamestyle seems to suit fantasy defenders.
Lake : Probably has the most upside of any player around that price.
Hargrave : Down on previous years.

Manbearpig

I'd look at Lake, Suban and Duffield - but would only put them in my team if they look the goods in NAB or if I hear something about a change of role.

elephants

Ive gone with two midprice backs. These are Conca and Suban.

DT-SC

Quote from: elephants on January 10, 2012, 01:43:18 PM
Ive gone with two midprice backs. These are Conca and Suban.

i want one of them, but im undecided both will improve

Matty411

Both Conca and Suban are on my shortlist - can't really decide until NAB cup to see how they're going - especially Suban with his injury return...

Driride

if Suban fit a sure thing for me   

mdub

Armstrong from swans look alright, mid ranged player got a lot to prove.

footy4life

Quote from: mdub on January 10, 2012, 04:19:17 PM
Armstrong from swans look alright, mid ranged player got a lot to prove.
+1

Lions01

Petrenko is another one, had a solid end to the year averaging around 83 in the final 7 games.

Andrew

I'm definately tempted by mid-priced defenders more than any other positions, after what we saw last season with premium defenders falling in price in unison. Conca is a lock for me and I'll probably give Lake a go if he looks alright in the NAB Cup. Suban/Duffield too difficult to judge what role they'll play - Suban in particular seemed to be getting groomed to be a shutdown defender and I wouldn't be surprised if Ross Lyon moulded him into a Stevie Baker-type. We'll wait and see though.

Colliwobblers

as stated above most of these but in order of my preference

1.conca
2.suban
3.grima
4.lake
5.armstrong

if you havent already got him clarke at 147 could be a good thing and save some cash, and if buntine is as awesome as expected to be ???

Andrew

Haven't heard much about GWS rookies, NAB Cup will be very revealing. Will Marty Clarke get a game and if so, won't he be a huge candidate for subsitute in the first half of the season? I'm thinking he'll be an early downgrade target.

Colliwobblers

Quote from: Andrew on January 11, 2012, 12:54:47 AM
Haven't heard much about GWS rookies, NAB Cup will be very revealing. Will Marty Clarke get a game and if so, won't he be a huge candidate for subsitute in the first half of the season? I'm thinking he'll be an early downgrade target.

that scares me but your right again, like in all your other posts :), thats going to be one of the hardest pre-round 1 calls, whether to start clarke or not, i'll happily budget for him at this early stage and if he looks an unlikely starter or a likely sub candidate ill make him a rook before the season starts and leave the coin in the kitty to upgrade to him as you say once he fires up and cements his spot, by then probably cost us an extra $50k at least.