Rhys Palmer - Smokie or Nokee

Started by Colliwobblers, January 10, 2012, 03:22:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ziplock

200k (and that's an over estimate for many of the stronger DT prospects in the rooks), isn't that much. You can't upgrade a rookie for it. You could upgrade a maric to a leuen, but why is maric even in your team? A better comparison is a Hmac to a Leuen, which'll probs only be a 10 point per game difference.

Maric isn't really a solid mid price option, unlike palmer.

You'd be more likely to drop palmer and maric to rookies, then upgrade a rookie defender to a goddard.

But then what do you have? another ridiculously generic team?

Off Tap

If you're picking guys for your midfield they either need to be $$$ cows or premiums. You don't want a guy averaging under 100 filling a spot. Even though you can trade them up if they increase in price it's something I've stopped doing.

No for me. Rather Gaff if going down that road.

elephants

Quote from: Ziplock on January 11, 2012, 10:18:04 PM

200k (and that's an over estimate for many of the stronger DT prospects in the rooks), isn't that much. You can't upgrade a rookie for it. You could upgrade a maric to a leuen, but why is maric even in your team? A better comparison is a Hmac to a Leuen, which'll probs only be a 10 point per game difference.

Maric isn't really a solid mid price option, unlike palmer.

You'd be more likely to drop palmer and maric to rookies, then upgrade a rookie defender to a goddard.

But then what do you have? another ridiculously generic team?
Okay, zip. Take Palmer. We all have different strategies. You do as you wish and i'll do as i do ;)
Kinda hope Palmer goes well as I have him in the Euros :P

me

definite no for me, staying away from all giants except giels and maybe shiel... they will get absolutely flogged each week and after bad experiences with a lot of the gold coasters, would rather steer clear of just about everyone

Colliwobblers

Quote from: me on January 12, 2012, 12:31:37 AM
definite no for me, staying away from all giants except giels and maybe shiel... they will get absolutely flogged each week and after bad experiences with a lot of the gold coasters, would rather steer clear of just about everyone

+1 on the goldcoast experience last year, how many rooks i had that either got bashed up and injures or rested too much to be good cashcows, it was my first year but damn between the goldcoast and north melbourne rookies it made it bludy hard!

Still there has to be some GOLD amongst those GWS rooks yeah??