Choices Schmoices

Started by Colliwobblers, January 10, 2012, 01:50:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colliwobblers

Ok again at the risk of asking a selfish my DT only question i would like any advice you are all willing to give on my DEF vs FWD
dilemna

I am happy with my rucks first 2-2 gun rook setted and forgetted already.
My mids are light on but hey the mid rooks are gold so thats locked away too 4-4 gun rook (sneakinly counting barlow as a gun)

NOW comes the choices schmoices dilemna part of my early 2012 DT.

DEF: Goddard,Shaw,Delidio.Heppell,[Waters],conca,clarke,(ellis.mohr)

FWD: Franklin,Zaharakis,Martin,Christensen,saad,walsh,treloar,(smedts,cameron)

$31,100 crackers left in the bag.

Turn waters into a rookie and spend it in the FWD line? on who? or change waters to another? I'm keen on sidebum but he shares the bye with zaka and christensen......

I am setting a hard and fast rule based on the byes too only have 2 keepers in the DEF,MIDS,FWDS from the 1 bye round. (i am taking conca and clarke as non-keepers, if they becomes one for thier prices awesome and i'll cop the extra donut/s.)

So i cant have grimes with shaw and heppel, i cant have houli with goddard and delidio.... ect ect ect.

Same situation in the forwards with only 2 of each premium/keeper from each bye round.

Any thoughts on what to do and are you following a similar bye plan? or am i mad :) madder than i thought i was :)

upthemaidens

downgrade waters, upgrade fwd rookie to(without doing the maths) brown? seems fit pre-season
how much will u have after downgrade? 

Colliwobblers

Quote from: upthemaidens on January 10, 2012, 02:02:42 AM
downgrade waters, upgrade fwd rookie to(without doing the maths) brown? seems fit pre-season
how much will u have after downgrade?

Waters to a rook leaves me $270K - plus what the rook in the fwds i upgrade is makes about $370.

Roy.G.Biv

ATM, I've got GAJ, as the only Premium keeper in my mids that has the round 13 bye.

I also have Conca on my watch list.

As I want to enter rnd 11 with the mids in the, (bye) format of 2/3/3, I need 2 more mids missing rnd 13!
Through natural upgrading, I could get in a Murphy/Mitchell/Dal Santo.

Now I'm thinking of using Dpp & swinging Goddard into my mids, (probably after round 9,) and he can be my third mid with the round 13 bye.
So if Conca is looking the goods, it helps with keeping him whilst avoiding the dreaded donut by having Goddard in the mids for the bye rounds.

Just an idea I'm toying with, EARLY DAYS ofcourse!!!

Lions01

Mate i guarantee you that you team you go into round 1 with will not look anything like that, you'll chop and change it 1000's of time more before then. Especially with Rookies you just don't know until the NAB cup. Even after that there's still uncertainty, Smith last year didnt get a game but played nearly all year, Hibberd played well but didnt get a start straight away.

I'm not having a go, i like your enthusiasm about the game and you're very active on this site which gives all us fanatic great reading material. My advice is use the team selector as a guide about possible strategy's, have players on your watch list (being undervalued, out of position) and possible structure with premium/mid/Rookie or Bye rounds. As for making your whole team at this early stage its near on useless because there's simply too many variables. 

I didn't just comment to say that thou, you're forward line is a little too weak for my liking, i would definitely be downgrading someone to upgrade a forward line Rookie. Im presuming you have Docherty in your mids for DP links. Apart from him, im not really sure owho else to be keeping an eye out for.

I'd definately be looking at off loading Cameron, there was a lot of hype that he would have went early in the draft but that doesnt mean much in fantasy.  KPP in a developing side you could be looking at Charlie Dixon like scores from last year. Simply wait and see he might warrant a selection after NAB thou

CuStArDaRm

Personally Colli I reckon 30g left is already a little lite on in the kitty but better than nothing so I wouldnt be spending anymore money imo.

I had a fair bit left over last year and was able to pick any gun I wanted when upgrading coz I always had a little bit of cash leftover due to starting with a descent kitty. And from memory I started with 14 or 15 prems. i have 15 atm including barlow with 100+k left atm

ronl

What's with Conca?  Why has everyone suddenly gone "Conca crazy".  I had him last year and he was "just all right".  He did his job as a good cash cow should but nothing to rave about.

Lions01

Conca is mean't to be moving to the wing this year, thats why hes got the pre-season hype

Colliwobblers

Quote from: Lions01 on January 10, 2012, 12:23:30 PM
Mate i guarantee you that you team you go into round 1 with will not look anything like that, you'll chop and change it 1000's of time more before then. Especially with Rookies you just don't know until the NAB cup. Even after that there's still uncertainty, Smith last year didnt get a game but played nearly all year, Hibberd played well but didnt get a start straight away.

I'm not having a go, i like your enthusiasm about the game and you're very active on this site which gives all us fanatic great reading material. My advice is use the team selector as a guide about possible strategy's, have players on your watch list (being undervalued, out of position) and possible structure with premium/mid/Rookie or Bye rounds. As for making your whole team at this early stage its near on useless because there's simply too many variables. 

I didn't just comment to say that thou, you're forward line is a little too weak for my liking, i would definitely be downgrading someone to upgrade a forward line Rookie. Im presuming you have Docherty in your mids for DP links. Apart from him, im not really sure owho else to be keeping an eye out for.

I'd definately be looking at off loading Cameron, there was a lot of hype that he would have went early in the draft but that doesnt mean much in fantasy.  KPP in a developing side you could be looking at Charlie Dixon like scores from last year. Simply wait and see he might warrant a selection after NAB thou

What you say is very true, and in regards to the rooks, nobody knows who they will have, at this stage for me its about structuring the premiums and midpricers around the byes so i have an idea of who will make up the team by neccessity.

And the discussion of teams even tho they will change so many more times, well that brings out comments like these on players and strategy whivh is helpful (cameron for example) tho just quietly i think he would be wasted as a KPP who doesnt leave the goalaquare, we will see in nab cup. Docherty apparantly wont be ready to go round 1 after his surgery but then apparantly he will :) so yeah i get your points on teams will change and players cant really be locked in until the day before the first bounce of the season.

As for the comment on my forward line well that is something i can lock in at this early stage, being the "structure" of my team, where to have the money spent, the number of premiums and or midpricers on each line. So thanks for that advice I think your right.

And thanks for the comments on being active on the site, appreciate that :)

AndrewY

Have you considered absolutely giving up worrying about one of the bye rounds.? Load your premiums into this round and look to holding the other two rounds by most of the mids or rookies on byes then. Possibly a better average result over the three rounds than trying to protect all three from round one......just a thought!