TEAM first draft

Started by tigers123, January 09, 2012, 08:26:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tigers123

Hey guys, would appreciate any opinions on my team!  :-X

I'm looking to go reasonably unique, still looking for two more rookie forwards (or possibly downgrading trengove/cotch in the middle and upgrading a forward...)

DEF: Goddard, Enright, Deledio, Bock, Grimes, Docherty, Morris (Smedts, Wilkes)

MID: Ablett, Swan, J. Selwood, Cotchin, Trengove, McDonald (Caddy, Zorko)

RUCK: Goldstein, Leuenberger (Rowe, Stephenson)

FWD: Franklin, Fyfe, D. Martin, J. Brown, Saad, Pfeiffer, Treloar (??????, ??????)

p.s. can anyone tell me if brandon ellis has DPP? cheers guys!

Colliwobblers

hey tigers123, can i just say unique is one thing risky is another and (my brothers team) stupid is another altogether.

Your team looks good, i make a few points ( which are opinions only )

Bock - average yet not cheap.
Trengrove - great maybe a breakout year - wish i had the balls to pick him up, but if i did it would probably be in the fwd line. surely wont hit the 110+ average you want from your final 6 midfielders.
Rucks - great, would consider looeyburger over goldstein only due to hmacs return but hten they say that about the lions rucks effecting looenburgers scores too so disregard that comment.
Fyfe - make sure he is fit and starting round 1 or drop him and upgrade to him mid season.
Brown - a worthy midpriced pick low risk at his price.
GOOD ROOKS

I would put a rook in the mids instead of trengrove and put zaka or sidebottom in the fwd line maybe but thats really your call.

Nice team bud.

And ellis is not dpp just defender

tigers123

thanks for that!

i was a bit unsure about bocky there as well, so i might look to put someone a little more reliable in there.

yeah rucks i might change around as well, so i guess i'll have a llok at that a bit closer to the eason

would you have any suggestions as to any other forward rookies i could chuck in my team?  ::)

mdub

I would probley downgrade trengrove for someone like stephen cliffton, caddy is unique but sheil is a good choice also. and with that extra cash from downgrade you could upgrade bock or grimes(grimes risky bit injury prone).

no giles? rowe good other choice hes also FWD/RUC so helpful with byes, if you go with rowe why not have another FWD/RUC player on FWD bench. 

jeremy cameron good pick for fwd bench.

Colliwobblers

Quote from: tigers123 on January 10, 2012, 02:27:04 PM
thanks for that!

i was a bit unsure about bocky there as well, so i might look to put someone a little more reliable in there.

yeah rucks i might change around as well, so i guess i'll have a llok at that a bit closer to the eason

would you have any suggestions as to any other forward rookies i could chuck in my team?  ::)

All the rookies will change as to who we must have after nab cup but at this stage these are some of the best to look at.

SMEDTS / SAAD / TRELOAR / HAYES / HAMPTON / TOMLINSON / WALSH / CAMERON / DICKSON / ROWE / KERRIDGE / SMITH / PFIEFFER.

I probably missed a few and a few people may say one or more of these are duds but as i say no one will really know until the week before round 2 what rooks we are locking in.