Main Menu

Norton antivirus - fanfooty.com.au = malicious

Started by rebird, January 09, 2012, 07:47:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rebird

Shocked to see that Norton antivirus marked this site as 'Malicious'.

http://safeweb.norton.com/report/show?url=http:%2F%2Fwww.fanfooty.com.au%2F

Football Factory

valkorum

Simple answer to this = NORTON SUCKS.  Worst Anti-Virus out there and I am not just saying this because of them saying that fanfooty is malicious.  I tell EVERYONE I know that the first thing they should do when they get a new computer is UNINSTALL NORTON.

Football Factory

Quote from: valkorum on January 09, 2012, 08:11:07 PM
Simple answer to this = NORTON SUCKS.  Worst Anti-Virus out there and I am not just saying this because of them saying that fanfooty is malicious.  I tell EVERYONE I know that the first thing they should do when they get a new computer is UNINSTALL NORTON.
PMSL  :'(  that's what all my mates say. You can see i payed attention to the message saying dont enter this site

ossie85

+1

Free stuff works fine for me

valkorum

If you do want to pay for anti-virus then Kaspersky is the way to go

upthemaidens

norton marks everything as malicious.   you touch your keyboard and the thing will go "are you sure you want to do that?""probably best just to leave the computer turned off"  nice and safe  haha :)

Torpedo10

The same thing happened to nostradamus at about 4pm today. :o

Windigo

Well my Zone Alarm says this site gets a big green tick.  8)

Cicjose

i use avast

was tempted once or twice to get Zone Alarm just to use as a pure firewall

pyronerd

Quote from: valkorum on January 09, 2012, 08:18:14 PM
If you do want to pay for anti-virus then Kaspersky is the way to go
yeah Kaspersky is brilliant, that reminds me, need to renew my licence ::)

Ziplock

my dad (has been working in IT for 30 years, now heads the computing department of a university) says that the only thing more destructive to your computer than a virus, is norton anti virus.

I completely agree, the pos should be classed as a virus itself.

nostradamus

Colliwobblers

LOL nortan is more destructive than a virus? not sure how that works BUT I am sure nortan is the least recomended anti-virus programme by people in the know. I use AVG but ive been told i should be using kasper.

I don't know why nortan would be bad for your computer (would like to hear), but apparantly most virus' are written with norton in mind being the biggest "selling" antivirus programme its the one they need most to beat, and apparantly not the hardest which also surprises me given the resources they must have.

I guess they call a site malicious if there is tha ability on the site to recieve from other users files that may be a virus (totally unsure) but cannot for the life of me work out why FF would be malicous.

The only thing malicous is the girly advertising :) jokes my wife loves the idea of a younger face and calander thingys for the kids :)

m0nty

They're four weeks late on that. There was a minor incursion, lasted only a few hours and I deleted it completely.  >:(