Buddy price decrease

Started by Bluesman, January 09, 2012, 04:50:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bluesman

Quote from: valkorum on January 09, 2012, 05:01:30 PM
I look at it this way - you will most likely want him in your side by the end of the year.... so do I pay for him now and not waste a trade OR hope that his price drops enough to warrant using a trade to bring him in.

I personally choose to get him in at the start (set and forget)
Agree - but then the same theory could be used for Pendles and Ablett, (or possibly Cox for that matter). At some point you need to draw a line as you can't have them all, and personally, i prefer the CONSISTENCY and knowldge i have with Pendles and Ablett. (...just playing the devil's advocate!  :P)

Sabretooth Tigers

Is Buddy really worth having in ?  Absolutely he is. But for $600,600 definitely not ! For just another $4000 you could have Joel Selwood running around or for $6000 Andrew Swallow. Both of whom will at least score as well and definitely be much more reliable. Having said that Sabres have him in, but only coz Fyfe looks as though he'll be a late starter, would prefer to trade Buddy in for a lesser price. Like a lot of teams the jury is still out on this one. Cheers.

upthemaidens

its funny, if u asked most people who would they rather have out of buddy or ROK last year, i would say it would have been a landslide yes to buddy.  the fact is ROK outscored buddy by 100 points last year,,,  franklin doesnt play every game whether its suspended, injury or just gets rested.. i can see hawks resting him against gws this year... in saying that i will probably still get him,but later in the year

Torress

buddy is starting in my side. hawks might make a statement first 2 rounds imo

i swear i;ve heard that buddy does his best fantasy scoring vs collingwood somewhere as well.

end of the day if its THE BUDDY SHOW on television he can smash high BE's  - he is diffiult to trade in!!

locked for mine.

nichsa673

Buddy plays Collingwood in round 1, followed by Geelong in round 2. Last year he struggled against the likes of Tarrant/Reid and Taylor/Lonergan/Scarlett. Is he a definite starter, or do you waut till rounds 3/4 for an early price drop??

itchytradefinger

How could you afford to trade him in so soon?  You'd either have to trade out a fellow premium or have a big wad of cash to do so. You either start with him or make him a trade target when you can afford him, when your cash cows have fattened. This takes 7-10 weeks. This means you miss his scores during this time but benefit from an inevitable price drop. Your choice. Personally I'd start with him. You know what he's like, he could go mental.

Capper

Quote from: itchytradefinger on February 05, 2012, 12:15:22 AM
How could you afford to trade him in so soon?  You'd either have to trade out a fellow premium or have a big wad of cash to do so. You either start with him or make him a trade target when you can afford him, when your cash cows have fattened. This takes 7-10 weeks. This means you miss his scores during this time but benefit from an inevitable price drop. Your choice. Personally I'd start with him. You know what he's like, he could go mental.

the problem being that that mental could go either way 150 points or 5 weeks off

SydneyRox

Quote from: itchytradefinger on February 05, 2012, 12:15:22 AM

exactly, there is little point in tradung buddy in after rnd 3or4, midseason upgrade after the bye is where he is tracking for me.

CrowsFan

Quote from: Torress on January 31, 2012, 10:24:38 PM
i swear i;ve heard that buddy does his best fantasy scoring vs collingwood somewhere as well.
Yeah has usually done well against Collingwood in the past. 4 of his last 5 matches (not including finals) he has scored hundreds for an average of 127.8, overall his average against Collingwood for all matches is 102 from 8 matches ;)

demon_spud

Lock for me, as not only does he fit my bye plans but he is worth the rollercoaster to get in early.

I can then sit back and look at the other fwd prems on how their form goes and upgrade to them. Pav, Fyfe, Goodes, Stevie J, Chappy,.....and yes (shudder) the two Roos.