2012 Gold Coast Suns DT Preview

Started by Matty411, January 09, 2012, 03:17:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt_352

pretty much locked in as one of my mid rooks if he gets promoted

Galea89

Has everyone forgotten about Campbell Brown?? There starting line-up will look like this:

Best 22

B:    Brown, Bock, Hunt
HB:    Harbrow, Coad, Warnock
C:    McKenzie, Rischitelli, Iles
HF:    Stanley, Brennan, McQualter
F:    Matera, Dixon, Day
Foll:   Smith, Ablett, Swallow

Int:    Caddy, Prestia, Bennell

Sub:    Weller

Fringe Players â€" Fraser, Lynch, Gorringe, Toy, Schade, Russell, Flanagan, Shaw, Gilbee, Hutchins, Magin, Hall

Unfortunately, Josh Fraser is not in their best 22!! He was a ruck stock and now he will only play a handful of games with Gold Coast wanting to play Gorringe and Lynch over him. He will be a leader at the club on and off the field but wont see much game time. As for Day. He will be in their best 22 but will have close competition with Lynch, who had a far better season and showed a lot of promise. Day will wont hold a key position down as yet, he will play second fiddle in a pocket or flank to brennan and dixon!!

Matty411

Quote from: Galea89 on January 09, 2012, 06:17:42 PM
Has everyone forgotten about Campbell Brown?? There starting line-up will look like this:

Best 22

B:    Brown, Bock, Hunt
HB:    Harbrow, Coad, Warnock
C:    McKenzie, Rischitelli, Iles
HF:    Stanley, Brennan, McQualter
F:    Matera, Dixon, Day
Foll:   Smith, Ablett, Swallow

Int:    Caddy, Prestia, Bennell

Sub:    Weller

Fringe Players â€" Fraser, Lynch, Gorringe, Toy, Schade, Russell, Flanagan, Shaw, Gilbee, Hutchins, Magin, Hall

Unfortunately, Josh Fraser is not in their best 22!! He was a ruck stock and now he will only play a handful of games with Gold Coast wanting to play Gorringe and Lynch over him. He will be a leader at the club on and off the field but wont see much game time. As for Day. He will be in their best 22 but will have close competition with Lynch, who had a far better season and showed a lot of promise. Day will wont hold a key position down as yet, he will play second fiddle in a pocket or flank to brennan and dixon!!

Ahh Campbell Brown - too true about that one. Not very DT relevant but definately in the best 22. Also agree Fraser will get less and less time on the field to make way for Gorringe, Day and Lynch - just not sure whether McKenna will continue with Fraser or not... Have a feeling he might start the season but will definately not finish it...

Andrew

Not much interest in Danny Stanley this year it seems - anyone keen on him? Averaing 85 in the 2nd half of the year is impressive and surely he'll retain that, if not improve..? I've got him in my team currently but thinking I should get Martin or Sidebottom instead.

Colliwobblers

awesome write up, not even a suns fan and that much effort and detail, im impressed, still after all your good work i'm only taking ablett, but i want horsely checked him out and done some research and your right he looks like a lock if he gets elevated, i'll be diaaapointed if he doesnt but still, after last year i am not inclined to pick any rook from either the suns or NM, the coaches cant make their damned minds up on who is in and who is out their are constant rests for rooks all adds up to DT dissaster you need rooks that play every week or other teams are cashing in thier cows and your left behind with you rooks on the bench.

Makes me wonder if i want many GWS rooke either if they use them like the suns did you want the best 4 or so and thats it the rest will be in the revolving door of playing and resting and as i say that is disasterous for DT

elephants

Quote from: Andrew on January 10, 2012, 02:17:38 AM
Not much interest in Danny Stanley this year it seems - anyone keen on him? Averaing 85 in the 2nd half of the year is impressive and surely he'll retain that, if not improve..? I've got him in my team currently but thinking I should get Martin or Sidebottom instead.
I'm considering him but with Sidey, Christensen and Browny all fighting for the mid-ish price fwd spots it'll be tough for him.

Matty411

Cheers Colli, yeah I'm a bit stand-offish about the GWS and GCS rooks for the reasons you said. I think a few will be safe picks tho i.e. Giles, Clifton, McDonald (hardly a rook but priced so) and Mohr.

@ Andrew and elephants - yeah Danny Stanley would be the darkest of smokeys this year. With all the hype around those you mentioned (Martin, Sidey, Christo, Brownie) he'll find it hard to get picked. But as a point of difference he would be a good choice and will be more durable than at least 2 of those.

Andrew

Quote from: Matty411 on January 10, 2012, 10:29:41 AM
Cheers Colli, yeah I'm a bit stand-offish about the GWS and GCS rooks for the reasons you said. I think a few will be safe picks tho i.e. Giles, Clifton, McDonald (hardly a rook but priced so) and Mohr.

@ Andrew and elephants - yeah Danny Stanley would be the darkest of smokeys this year. With all the hype around those you mentioned (Martin, Sidey, Christo, Brownie) he'll find it hard to get picked. But as a point of difference he would be a good choice and will be more durable than at least 2 of those.

Agree all round. He just did so well towards the end of the season (after I sold him - grr!) so I can't see why he wouldn't carry it on. Maybe the rookies will step up more this season, thus he won't be so much of a focal point to the side. But I'm more inclined to think the opposite, as the Suns learn to retain posession better, he'll have more chance to get the ball...

hardnut

a super post, like you I have a big softspot for the suns (WCE supporter) and enjoy watching them.

I like Caddy a lot from what I've read and you have certainly convinced me to watch Horsley closely. I think GCS could go to 6 wins next year above GWS and Port